KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I'm considering a Kia EX or SX. I like the SX as it has more safety features e.g. six airbags. However, I'm unsure of the electronic ventilated seats. Is there any electronic or safety issues with such seats e.g. electronic malfunction or short circuit in contact with water?

Thanks for your advice. 

• Praise 1

Hi all, I'm considering a Kia EX or SX. I like the SX as it has more safety features e.g. six airbags. However, I'm unsure of the electronic ventilated seats. Is there any electronic or safety issues with such seats e.g. electronic malfunction or short circuit in contact with water?

Thanks for your advice.

Wah... what can I say... Singaporeans really kia si... ha ha ha ha...

No there isn't an electronic factor and spilling water won't turn your seat into an electric chair death sentence. The seats are ventilated by piping cold air from the system to the chairs via a duct. There aren't any ventilators or moving parts on your chair powered by electricity... it's all at the ducting in your dash...

No there isn't an electronic factor and spilling water won't turn your seat into an electric chair death sentence. The seats are ventilated by piping cold air from the system to the chairs via a duct. There aren't any ventilators or moving parts on your chair powered by electricity... it's all at the ducting in your dash...

So if the cold air can come out of the holes in the chairs, if I spill water on the chair, does the water got trapped inside? Or do the water drained off somewhere?

• Praise 1

Thanks for your advice.

I having been driving SX sports for 4mths alreday.....love those ventilated car seats esp during hot weather....cool! I have no issues on the seats and they are simply awesome. No regrets and no complains getting the sx sports and I am loving it.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Looks like my concern is unfound. Thanks.

I having been driving SX sports for 4mths alreday.....love those ventilated car seats esp during hot weather....cool! I have no issues on the seats and they are simply awesome. No regrets and no complains getting the sx sports and I am loving it.

Thanks!
  • Praise 1

Hi,

-what interface this motrex work on? Can root ? Require /Able firmware or version upgrade?

​Motrex run on its own proprietary software and it is Android Auto and Carplay compatible.

Recently there is an FW upgrade to improve the Radio Reception by CnC.

-What can this motrex do without handphone plugin?

If not connected to a HP, it is a normal player for Radio, BT and storage deivce.

-So far what other apps can pair with it or it's just a 'monitor' for mirroring from handphone.

None...have to be connected to HP via Cable.

-Map friendly ? build in radio /gps antenna? Radio sound clear? GPS accuracy ?

When connection to HP using Android Auto/Carplay, Map and GPS will be from HP.

Radio as per normal based on reception.

-Can read portable harddisk or music and video? what format?

Can, via USB port...format will be the normal common ones.

- Believe should be providing only one year warranty...Does Kia provides free technical support after a year?

Yes, one year warranty by CnC....you can always go back CnC even if after the warranty is over.

Hope that helps...

Hi , actually there is a small fan , mounted at the backrest.

post-189244-0-92778500-1506588284_thumb.jpg

Any one dekit original hu n hv spare hu cables (2) lying around? I need to get a set to install my hu... Thanks bros!

Hi , i just changed mine to a touchscreen HU.

All i have is just original HU + facia nia , no cables leh.

If u want the original HU , can let go at cheap cheap price of $50.

Playing with colours.... some random shots taken with amateur edits....

My dark knight...

Nice black!! Metal stream also nice (look like metallic blue + metallic grey feel)

That K logo emblem (on the black k3 shown in pics) I rem last time got a seller at Ang Mo Kio selling less than $30 with free removal and installation.

Anyone of u change the K logo emblem recently? Ehat is the price now?

Nice black!! Metal stream also nice (look like metallic blue + metallic grey feel)

That K logo emblem (on the black k3 shown in pics) I rem last time got a seller at Ang Mo Kio selling less than $30 with free removal and installation.

Anyone of u change the K logo emblem recently? Ehat is the price now?

I bought from Qoo10 at about $21 I think but didn't change cos lazy.

• Praise 1

I bought from Qoo10 at about $21 I think but didn't change cos lazy.

Thanks just checked Qoo10.. Saw $21.60 (+$3.80) is for 1 piece, front n back add up $50 (minus coupon n qpts can get at around $35.. Now logo so ex.. Last time my friend changed many years ago, front n back less than $30 with installation.
  • Praise 1

Hi , i just changed mine to a touchscreen HU.

All i have is just original HU + facia nia , no cables leh.

If u want the original HU , can let go at cheap cheap price of $50.

You want to sell to who...all here is k3 owner which have the original HU. If you are selling Motrex HU then maybe got buyer here.
↡ Advertisement