KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

I find A3 gadgets and tech quite basic as compared to K3... U might not enjoy it after driven K3 for some time. The drive though is another story.

Yeah man. I went to test drive a 3 year old Audi A3. For the price and depreciation, abit hard to commit. Now looking at a 1 year old Opel Astra. Feature wise not bad. Comparable to our K3. It’s 1.4 turbo with 6 speed GB.
↡ Advertisement

Why Steering Wheel shouldn't be lock? For security purposes...its good to lock it.

It doesn't give any extra security, the wheel will lock itself if anyone tries to turn it without a key inside ignition. Manually locking it is making yourself do 2 extra steps, 1 to lock and 1 to unlock. Plus you get the problem where the key won't turn if the wheel is locked.

Hi guys ..seek help..my 3month new ride suddenly decide not to start...you can get radio and aircon running but engine will not start.

Anyone encounter this before?

Hi guys ..seek help..my 3month new ride suddenly decide not to start...you can get radio and aircon running but engine will not start.

Anyone encounter this before?

You need to step on the brake then start your car.

• Praise 1

Wah wah. Abit sexist liao ah. This thread quite friendly one don’t like that leh.

You need to step on the brake then start your car.

I have never encountered this issue before. Maybe call C&C side for help.
  • Praise 1

how can he not know if he has been driving for 3mths!?!??

oh wait... is he a she? hahah

Eh don't like that lar... new drivers can forget... I also forget when I switched over from manual to auto...

Yeah man. I went to test drive a 3 year old Audi A3. For the price and depreciation, abit hard to commit. Now looking at a 1 year old Opel Astra. Feature wise not bad. Comparable to our K3. It’s 1.4 turbo with 6 speed GB.

If badge is not an issue, Astra does seemed to be a good bargain. Regardless, the drive dynamics of the A3 is really good.

• Praise 1

If badge is not an issue, Astra does seemed to be a good bargain. Regardless, the drive dynamics of the A3 is really good.

Hi there,

Anyone from C &C get their COE this time?

Yeah man.

I found a 1 year old Astra 1.4T. I haven test drive yet. Went down to take a look. Feature wise don’t lose to our K3. Didn’t test drive yet cos it was raining heavily and I wanted to listen for any rattling sound etc. I very particular about rattling sound.

Price wise I won’t disclose here. But I managed to bargain til depre 9k a year. Same as my current K3 SX.

And it is still under agent warranty for 4 more years.

I am changing my K3 cos while K3 is a fantastic car for the price, but it lacks the torque I want cos it is a 1.6 liter NA engine. I don’t speed on the road but I want the torque for changing lane or fast acceleration when I need to.

And based on the trade in value of our K3, after settling balance loan, I get back enough cash to down pay for this Astra.

Don’t pm me on the trade in value of our K3. Later the value I get different or what then ppl kp say I tok ck. But I can only say, those bought during the 55k and above COE period, expect to lose 17-19k in depreciation when you trade in your car.

Hi there,

Anyone from C &C get their COE this time?

Signed mine on 29 Oct,ng package @ 83k, went thru 2 rd bidding @ same submitted 39.9k bids.. Both cases submitted b4 1pm.then case closed liao..

Can't understood e logic of much lower submitted bids than current coe..

Well, ng so can't complain much ;)

• Praise 1

Signed mine on 29 Oct,ng package @ 83k, went thru 2 rd bidding @ same submitted 39.9k bids.. Both cases submitted b4 1pm.then case closed liao..

Can't understood e logic of much lower submitted bids than current coe..

Well, ng so can't complain much ;)

we i suppose this give us a better understanding of G and NG, for mine G, they did bid higher on 2nd attempt.

• Praise 1

we i suppose this give us a better understanding of G and NG, for mine G, they did bid higher on 2nd attempt.

Did u get ur COE? Edited by BWBWBW
  • Praise 1

Yeah man.

I found a 1 year old Astra 1.4T. I haven test drive yet. Went down to take a look. Feature wise don’t lose to our K3. Didn’t test drive yet cos it was raining heavily and I wanted to listen for any rattling sound etc. I very particular about rattling sound.

Price wise I won’t disclose here. But I managed to bargain til depre 9k a year. Same as my current K3 SX.

And it is still under agent warranty for 4 more years.

I am changing my K3 cos while K3 is a fantastic car for the price, but it lacks the torque I want cos it is a 1.6 liter NA engine. I don’t speed on the road but I want the torque for changing lane or fast acceleration when I need to.

And based on the trade in value of our K3, after settling balance loan, I get back enough cash to down pay for this Astra.

Don’t pm me on the trade in value of our K3. Later the value I get different or what then ppl kp say I tok ck. But I can only say, those bought during the 55k and above COE period, expect to lose 17-19k in depreciation when you trade in your car.

That's even higher than my Mazda 3 depreciation when i sold it at 2yr old mark..

i lost 33k in 2yr 1mth, so its about 15.8k a yr, my coe was 56k i think....

now elantra is dirt cheap...72k opc, a year depreciation only 6.5k

I used to be like you. Very concerned about FC. Don’t dare to accelerate hard. Just cruise. End up I can get 16km/lit. But I didn’t enjoy myself during the drive.

So now I f it. Drive how I want. Enjoy myself. End up now 8-9km/lit. Lol.

I loved this car. But the only complain I have is very sluggish. When I bought this car, I was attracted to the comfort, subs insulation etc. many ppl who sat in my car said the car doesn’t feel like a Korean car. It feels better than many jap cars in the same category. And it didn’t help that back when in dec 15, I was quoted 127k for a Altis elegance. My K3 SX was 107k.

I cannot justify to myself a 20k extra for a jap brand.

That said, now I am sian of my K3 liao cos of the sluggish acceleration. Looking at 2nd hand Audi A3.

Bro, strange leh, before you commit to K3 definitely you testdrove it right? Surely would know pickup is sluggish?

For me the slow pickup is fine. Last time my avante also similar. Once speed reaches above 80km/hr ride becomes smoother. I don't go past 100 on highways. Got one time rented a Camry 2.4, enjoyed temporarily the acceleration burst but not compulsory feature for me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1