KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

The fog lights and the hid are yellowish as they cut thru fog better than White (6k) lights.. That's why they are called fog lights.. lol..

If u drive to nshw n encounter fog at night, you'll know the difference..

Anyway, personal preference.. looks Vs usage..

I fully agree with you...that's why i never change mine. 

↡ Advertisement

Have u not yet explored AndroidAuto or IOS Car Play ?

I used iOS so a bit limited...

Can it display just the clock when the unit not in use? Or even when playing radio or mp3, I just want it to display clock only?

I know can set the clock to be digital or analogue type, but I just can find the button to display just the clock only

Beside the mortrex what HU can we change,? Not very happy with the interface lei

If upgrade to aftermarket HU, chances are the bluetooth phone buttons on steering wheel(if you have them) may not work. I didn't change cuz I sync my iphone to motrex HU and answer calls via BT from steering wheel, so no need wear irritating earpiece!

When playing songs via USB drive, noted that the first 1 or 2 secs of the songs cannot be heard cuz the motrex seem to auto-adjust the volume down at the beginning then back to normal after 2 secs. Is there a way to fix this?

I used iOS so a bit limited...

Can it display just the clock when the unit not in use? Or even when playing radio or mp3, I just want it to display clock only?

I know can set the clock to be digital or analogue type, but I just can find the button to display just the clock only

For Android, There is a 'home' page that shows date/ time/ your schedule/ your current song playing, similar to 'google now'

i know IOS car play is kind of like "ipad page" with shortcut to app", cant comment much on apple-car-play... but from what i see from youtube (comparing AA vs CP) i think its up to your pref, but you sound like someone who wants "AA"

but i remember stock (wihtout AA or CP) it already has clock, and u can set it to clock, (but i think if radio if u turn off the function) 

i also wonder why do you need clock when there is already a clock on the dashboard....

i think the motrex is as good as it gets, go chekcout othe car reviews and its infotament unit, most have the same function as Motrex, 

i actually am happy its does NOT come with navigation as whats available in AA is much better, so ive no complaints, and recently AA has been updated that improves the UI, 

SO we have AA that gets updated (by us updating our phone app) hence the head unit needs no rom update.. i think  "this is as good as it gets"

Edited by Visual

that I didn't know... esp since I have not collected my car yet... [laugh]

thanks for sharing that bit of information... HID with yellow fog lights is a turn off for me too! prob i'll do the same as you and change it too!

There is a reason why the fog lights are yellow. And why it is called "fog lights" and not "fancy lights" or "beng lights".

And can change to Pioneer HU la. Im using that with all the bluetooth function. Costed me $300 only

Edited by thebutcher

I fully agree with you...that's why i never change mine. 

I dun intend to change too.

If change need to be done by authorized dealer which is KIA loh.

If mob outside and after some months or years the light cover got condensation, good luck cos warranty will be void. 

I asked SE when collected car.

Any owner coat the new car already? Still deciding whether should I coat with paint protection or not....

I think FB read my mind, suddenly pop up a sponsor from some car detailing company offers glass coating.... dunno how good it is.

I dun intend to change too.

If change need to be done by authorized dealer which is KIA loh.

If mob outside and after some months or years the light cover got condensation, good luck cos warranty will be void.

I asked SE when collected car.

If Ur K3 originally came w HID (sx sports) then just change bulb will do..if urs is other model (like ex etc) n came with halogen, then need to change to hid or led kit.. That one need to drill hole n fix at ballast etc.. Then might kia void warranty if headlights got problem..n vicom car test may hv issues too, since it's not original equipment.. Edited by Lurpsexx

Neutral Newbie

42-45 offset should be ok.

Mine is 44

Hi bro. Your rims are 17x7.5 or 17x8? What rims u using currently?

If Ur K3 originally came w HID (sx sports) then just change bulb will do..if urs is other model (like ex etc) n came with halogen, then need to change to hid or led kit.. That one need to drill hole n fix at ballast etc.. Then might kia void warranty if headlights got problem..n vicom car test may hv issues too, since it's not original equipment..

Me bought EX so just leave it as it is.

Does your K3 come with HID? If yes then leave it....if not, you can opt to change to LED which I did.

How much u change ur LED bro?

What’s the cons of changing to led apart frm not being able to cut thru fog/rain? I guess you’re driving a EX too?

For Android, There is a 'home' page that shows date/ time/ your schedule/ your current song playing, similar to 'google now'

i know IOS car play is kind of like "ipad page" with shortcut to app", cant comment much on apple-car-play... but from what i see from youtube (comparing AA vs CP) i think its up to your pref, but you sound like someone who wants "AA"

but i remember stock (wihtout AA or CP) it already has clock, and u can set it to clock, (but i think if radio if u turn off the function) 

i also wonder why do you need clock when there is already a clock on the dashboard....

i think the motrex is as good as it gets, go chekcout othe car reviews and its infotament unit, most have the same function as Motrex, 

i actually am happy its does NOT come with navigation as whats available in AA is much better, so ive no complaints, and recently AA has been updated that improves the UI, 

SO we have AA that gets updated (by us updating our phone app) hence the head unit needs no rom update.. i think  "this is as good as it gets"

What is needed is the date to show on HU screen when playing song. Why? So when using parking coupon don't have to flip out handphone!! I have a little gadget that shows time and date clipped to the aircon vents.

Even if the motrex comes with built-in navigation, we may not like it as most of us used to google maps. In addition, updates to the built-in maps could be a hassle. 

Motrex not the most powderful and feature-rich HU out there but I think it's good enough for basic users.

How much u change ur LED bro?

Whatâs the cons of changing to led apart frm not being able to cut thru fog/rain? I guess youâre driving a EX too?

I'm driving the SX FL. I bought the LED from TB and diy to install. Cost is much much cheaper than outside workshop.

LED work best with our projector headlamp.

Any owner coat the new car already? Still deciding whether should I coat with paint protection or not....

I think FB read my mind, suddenly pop up a sponsor from some car detailing company offers glass coating.... dunno how good it is.

Go get it.

I find the hydrophobic effect orgasmic.