KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Hi, i also learnt my lesson for my 10k servicing which was booked as normal servicing.

Lesson learned , advisable to book for express (only setback is w/o carwash).

The problem is express service not available.

I need to do the 1K service before beading NSHW.

Last Tues took car, now already 0ver 500KM.

↡ Advertisement

its the ubi branch that I have enquired to.

If express service, the earliest date is 9th Jan'18. :omg:

Worst case , if u can't get the slot for 1k servicing , go any W/S to change E.O. before trip.

After back from Malaysia , then get it done at C&C.

My understanding is , first 1k is critical , as initial wear & tear from running-in of engine may result in E.O. contaminated with fine metal chips.

Just spent additional $100 odd to have a peace of mind.

Worst case , if u can't get the slot for 1k servicing , go any W/S to change E.O. before trip.

After back from Malaysia , then get it done at C&C.

My understanding is , first 1k is critical , as initial wear & tear from running-in of engine may result in E.O. contaminated with fine metal chips.

Just spent additional $100 odd to have a peace of mind.

Bro, thank you for the advice.

I have booked for 1K servicing on 18th Dec'17 liao.

I just wanna checked if bros here experienced a 3-6 hours of waiting.

• Praise 1

Hey all, want to replace headlights with those with a whiter look. Tried the Osram Cool Blue Intense, seems like it still has more yellow than white. Advise anyone? Thanks. 

Has anyone put in 5000k headlights and managed to pass the inspection, just curious. And how white are the 5000ks headlight? Thanks. 

• Praise 1

Bro, how long did the servicing took?

I called just now and was told it would take 3-6hours for the non express servicing.

OMG, so many hours!

Bro, how long did the servicing took?

I called just now and was told it would take 3-6hours for the non express servicing.

OMG, so many hours!

Mine was quite fast! Around 1 hr or so but without car wash haha
  • Praise 2

Hey all, want to replace headlights with those with a whiter look. Tried the Osram Cool Blue Intense, seems like it still has more yellow than white. Advise anyone? Thanks.

Has anyone put in 5000k headlights and managed to pass the inspection, just curious. And how white are the 5000ks headlight? Thanks.

Dont bother with the 5000k lights bro. Its just white lights with shit throw. Used diamond vision on my previous ride, after a few months change to HID liao.

Go for HIDs or LEDs if you want a white light with good throw.

• Praise 1

Recently my 2015 K3 start to have some "noise" with the steering wheel. This happens when the steering is at the extreme ends, can hear some tok tok tok tok, dunno if this has been all along like this just that I use to turn music on quite loud and never notice.

Especially noticeable when parking, steer full anti-clockwise and can even feel the steering wheel like have small slight jerking away from the extreme ends. 

Wonder if any bros encounter this too? 

Thanks in advance.

My previous ride 2009 avante got this sound when steering extreme left or right. Mechanic found the steering shaft bushing worn, replace can liao. May cost $200 or more to fix. Heard that it is kinda common on korean cars...o.O

• Praise 1

here's  my latest diy wrap upgrade hehe... did with the alcantera leather combo with red and black leather

sDSC06053 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sDSC06052 by ricleosg, on Flickr

Great job!  辛苦了 ! Noticed even the paddle shifters are red ><

I got a steering wheel cover from taobao. Looks cool but the inner side doesn't cover the wheel completely so holding the wheel is not that comfy.

• Praise 1

The problem is express service not available.

I need to do the 1K service before beading NSHW.

Last Tues took car, now already 0ver 500KM.

when u going NSHW? can go early before reaching 1k. no prob. if no slots just do outside workshop. E.O change only very cheap. 

• Praise 1

Great job!  辛苦了 ! Noticed even the paddle shifters are red ><

I got a steering wheel cover from taobao. Looks cool but the inner side doesn't cover the wheel completely so holding the wheel is not that comfy.

ya i saw yours and was tempting to buy from TB.

but found gear knob only for left hand drive, so got steering wheel cover no gear knob cover, a bit hesitating. :slow: 

• Praise 1

ya i saw yours and was tempting to buy from TB.

but found gear knob only for left hand drive, so got steering wheel cover no gear knob cover, a bit hesitating. :slow:

gear knob cover can fit for both left and right hand driving

• Praise 1

when u going NSHW? can go early before reaching 1k. no prob. if no slots just do outside workshop. E.O change only very cheap. 

Going mid of next week.

Will do the 1K servicing on 18th before going M'sia.

gear knob cover can fit for both left and right hand driving

i chatted with the shop guy he said cannot.

i got send picture give him see.

Dont bother with the 5000k lights bro. Its just white lights with shit throw. Used diamond vision on my previous ride, after a few months change to HID liao.

Go for HIDs or LEDs if you want a white light with good throw.

Current EX, what is the most similar color headbulb type to buy so it's more closer color with the day running light?

Rained today, saw an EX with 2 tone head lightings, 1 is whiter-day running light while other is yellowish, head light..

Btw, EX head light bulb is H4 or?

• Praise 1

Going mid of next week.

Will do the 1K servicing on 18th before going M'sia.

i chatted with the shop guy he said cannot.

i got send picture give him see.

confirm can hehe... mine is china one put on RHD. both orientation works for the leather.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1