The revive of Civic Type R

SeriousGuy

Honda CEO Takanobu Ito has told Auto Express the Civic Type-R is still on track to go on sale sometime in 2015.

We already know from Honda UK Managing Director Dave Hodgetts the car will offer at least 265 bhp (198 kW) but they are trying to squeeze around 300 bhp (224 kW). Power will come from a turbocharged 1.6- or 2.0-liter engine, with higher chances of seeing the larger displacement under the hood. Development of the model is conducted specifically for Europe and will include several findings obtained from the firm's experience in the World Touring Car Championship.

Testing will begin this fall at the N

↡ Advertisement

finally they understand NA is a waste of time...........

Tell that to the Porsche R&D team.... Obviously u've not driven one before.

Twincharged
(edited)

N/A needs big C.C. to make high power,but under S'pore road tax system you need to pay alot of $$..Anyway,alot of good cars like Ferrari 458,Mercedes Benz SLS still used N/A. engines.....also my low end Nissan 370z,which still quite fun to drive.

Edited by ER-3682

Honda CEO Takanobu Ito has told Auto Express the Civic Type-R is still on track to go on sale sometime in 2015.

We already know from Honda UK Managing Director Dave Hodgetts the car will offer at least 265 bhp (198 kW) but they are trying to squeeze around 300 bhp (224 kW). Power will come from a turbocharged 1.6- or 2.0-liter engine, with higher chances of seeing the larger displacement under the hood. Development of the model is conducted specifically for Europe and will include several findings obtained from the firm's experience in the World Touring Car Championship.

Finally it is going to be back.

I always like the Type R but the current batch has ran out of production by the time I wanted to change my car.

Manual transmission would be great for such type of cars. No auto for me.

Finally it is going to be back.

I always like the Type R but the current batch has ran out of production by the time I wanted to change my car.

Manual transmission would be great for such type of cars. No auto for me.

esp the 4 door sedan version :wub:

finally they understand NA is a waste of time...........

No leh, NA is good.. No turbo lag.. Turbo might give the boost feel, but take longer to activate..

My favourite NA car:

Lamborghini-Aventador-orange-Front-shot.jpg

Tell that to the Porsche R&D team.... Obviously u've not driven one before.

i really nv try big cc NA before....but we r talking abt small cc 100hp/l engine....

i own 1 before & switch to sti....

400nm @ 4k.....

Really can LOL at your statement la.. [rolleyes]

i really lol @ the 6k peak torque.

F1 also NA leh :)

can u put f1 on the street?

No leh, NA is good.. No turbo lag.. Turbo might give the boost feel, but take longer to activate..

My favourite NA car:

ya...ctr lag all the way till 5k+ rpm...

v fun?