Why do ADs start selling their demo cars?

Columbian78

I bought a two year old 29.5k km management car. Still looks and smells like new car. [:p] It comes with a brand new car plate number too.

Edited by Adrianli
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

These days, I think they use car trailers to bring the car from the ship to wherever. 

is unload from ship time, that is still by drivers

is unload from ship time, that is still by drivers

Ya that's what I acknowledged in my post as well but that's minimal I feel and in a controlled situation and better than the old days where the car jockey whacks the car from port to wherever.

I don't think you can avoid the car jockeys not driving the car at all, think that's not possible.

• Praise 5

Ya that's what I acknowledged in my post as well but that's minimal I feel and in a controlled situation and better than the old days where the car jockey whacks the car from port to wherever.

I don't think you can avoid the car jockeys not driving the car at all, think that's not possible.

I think new cars always got driven by many other people before it is deliver to the owner of the car. The owner is the last one who drive the car. Even before the car is delivered to customer, the car might also drive by your SE to the carpark lo. Lol.

• Praise 1

There is one logistics company right beside my office. The way they unload the cars from trailers when it arrives. Really is rev all the way to red line.

Thats why there are people who are damn particular of the first mileage when they received their vehicles.

if those deliver your vehicle drive a long dist rev the car. you will be very dulan

There's a certain limit of wear & tear most AD can accept before pushing these demo / management / test drive / showroom display units out for sale. The metric isn't only mileage.

Also they don't want the car log card to indicate a very old FY lah.

There's a certain limit of wear & tear most AD can accept before pushing these demo / management / test drive / showroom display units out for sale. The metric isn't only mileage.

Also they don't want the car log card to indicate a very old FY lah.

Also technically these cars are considered second hand, and you are the second owner. That's why got discount.

My Mini was 6mth old test drive car with 3k km when I bought it.

I got 30k off.

Has been driving since Jan 14 w/o issue.

I think that is a very good deal you got. Definitely better than a pre-owned car which may not even have that kind of offer.

↡ Advertisement