Opel Car Owners - Pls fall in

Ngjs

Thank you very much Bros, Yhn and Furrynadz for the insights and details for what to look out for.

I will buy you guys kopi if I manage to see you :)

By the way, I saw a few wokshops in the forum that provides servicing on Opel rides i.e CK in the north area and United Motor in the east side. Anyone have other recommendations on the workshop/s that service your Opel that you can recommend?

Have a good weekend

[laugh]

ck will kill ur wallet and then u

united will kill your car first and u will kill yourself vomitting blood

just avoid either, and opel

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi FurryNadz, the tone of your view is pretty condescending. How would you feel if someone called the car you wanted to buy a "a piece of shit"? It's uncalled for to use such term and how would you really know the car is crap anyway? Don't judge it from its exterior.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

u mean this piece of sh1t specimen?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_photos.php?ID=489184&CUR=1#photo

if yes

1) direct seller = walk away

2) num of owner unlisted = walk away

3) one year left and 85k mileage = RUN AWAY, the car been sitting in workshop MONTHS ON END BY TRUCKLOADS OF OWNERS KANNA CON TO BUY AND UP THE CRAP PROBLEMS...

a friend has a citroen c3 which was deemed totally rubbish by many too, he clock 270+k in 7+ years , 2nd clutch change, engine perfect fine no even top overhaul before, just usual servicing, and will expect to hit 350k by 10 year...and he is abusive driver..this is true reliability not this meriva crap

4) paper scrap value now = 7k, he asking near 20k, seller brain got problem or urs got problem

Neutral Newbie

hello everyone.

i'm driving a zafira tourer, registered aug 2014.

so far, the ride has been good. not many complaints with the car.

however in the last 2 months, i note that the engine coolant level keeps dropping,

though they couldn't find any leaks.

and the closing sound of 1 door seems strange, like 'vibrating'. can't describe it.

cheers

hello everyone.

i'm driving a zafira tourer, registered aug 2014.

so far, the ride has been good. not many complaints with the car.

however in the last 2 months, i note that the engine coolant level keeps dropping,

though they couldn't find any leaks.

and the closing sound of 1 door seems strange, like 'vibrating'. can't describe it.

cheers

hi bro my meriva also seem to loose its coolant despite topping up with distilled water into the coolant tank as well. Read up on some article from UK and it seems that they also faced similar issue. Coolant tank no leak. Also does ur temp guage goes to 90degree and later back to 80 degree. Since ur car is still with warranty, why not bring,it to the agent to check.

Neutral Newbie

hi bro my meriva also seem to loose its coolant despite topping up with distilled water into the coolant tank as well. Read up on some article from UK and it seems that they also faced similar issue. Coolant tank no leak. Also does ur temp guage goes to 90degree and later back to 80 degree. Since ur car is still with warranty, why not bring,it to the agent to check.

yup, i brought it back once to top up and observe for 2 weeks, following which i confirmed the level was dropping.

temperature wise, i didn't observe it going back to 90. i was more concerned it don't go way above that [laugh]

took back to agent to check for a day, but no leak, nothing. i was thinking could it be due to evaporation.

anyway, it's due for 1 year servicing in another month, so i'll get them to check again.

Coolant seems to be an issue with Opel, as I also experience it with my Astra Tourer. I just keep a bottle of distilled water in my car and ask AG to check it every 6 months.

that's right docomospure, I also kept one bottle of distilled water in the car. Either car or me thirsty can top up water.

Coolant seems to be an issue with Opel, as I also experience it with my Astra Tourer. I just keep a bottle of distilled water in my car and ask AG to check it every 6 months.

2013 astra GTC here, also coolant issue.

they told me they fixed the "leak" but it's back again.. opel needs to fix this for good, not do patch up job. will be making another appointment soon.

In 2013 i chanced upon this thread and " Fall In "

But i forgot to say "Fall out " since no longer driving this meriva due almost end of its life.

U can try CK Motor. A few tips:they use liqui moly (German oil). Choose the purple one 0W-40 for our hot climate, more expensive than the 0W-30, but they charge same price for both.

For parts they tell u wear, need change, if still can use, don change. They like to change this change that. Tyre, suspension, brake disc, brake pad. See the worn parts yourself to decide. Battery, see the reading on their test equipment b4 deciding. Don take their words.

"Oh yr car go up slope got vibration sound, need to change xxxxx". Forget it!!!! After changing, same!!

If u supervise them and take control over what items to replace, then ok.

My ride is 6 yrs old and at 120 k mileage, here are my damages,

1) ignition coil - $700 .....2nd gear sluggish, engine power weak)

2) frnt disc brakes and pads - $760 (squeaky brakes)

3) Air con clutch coil - $500  (why, becoz air con breaks down)

4) Stabilizer Link Rod - $450 (turning, front wheels give off loud ka  ka noise)

5)Rear Disc Pads - $178 (squeaky brakes)

6) Two front headlight bulbs. - $80

7) Brake Valve and vacuum hose - $70 (cushy braking)

including all above changes, plus regular servcing at AD, and normal wear tear replacement like batteries, (except tyres.)

I had spent arnd 6k for servicing and repairs over a 6 yr period. so average abt 1 k a year.

So do I regret buying the car? No. Still love the Sports Mode. Love the ride and handling too. Solid feel driving at high speed in Malaysia.

But the brand is not taking off locally is because 1) Low resale value....2) AD servicing and parts costs are very high. 3) Although charges are high, their QC and sklils are still dubious. You can forget about their checklist that they ticked for every servicing. They will usually juz tick w/o really checking. Sometimes, they might even forget to top up your enginer oil fully. or worst, nvr change at all. LOL But let's face it, this malpractice is actually quite common in the industry.

Edited by Sabretan
↡ Advertisement