Opel Car Owners - Pls fall in

Ngjs

Bro , I hope you didn't buy the 200k mileage Astra owned by a property agent selling dirt cheap. If you did, God bless you

You happen to know the car's history?

↡ Advertisement

You happen to know the car's history?

From the way it's was described, it's similar to a Astra that was offered to me at Scrap price + $1500. Alot of stuff to be done up. MTA gb issues, airbag sensor, crank shafts and lots more. I insisted repairs to be done at AG but was directed to a scrappy place at Kim Chuan Rd to do their repairs. In the end I gave up

.. just not worth it. I rem the freaking mileage done at 242k and with vauxhall badge

From the way it's was described, it's similar to a Astra that was offered to me at Scrap price + $1500. Alot of stuff to be done up. MTA gb issues, airbag sensor, crank shafts and lots more. I insisted repairs to be done at AG but was directed to a scrappy place at Kim Chuan Rd to do their repairs. In the end I gave up

.. just not worth it. I rem the freaking mileage done at 242k and with vauxhall badge

Hmm actually I did buy that car, but I gave it a pretty thorough look over, and checked that there were no fault codes and drove OK. Only thing is the suspension needed an overhaul. Can PM me to let me know the issues you had when you tested the car? Thanks!

Hi, I'm also a proud Opel owner, mine is Astral H, however coming Monday will be the last day (going to scrap yard), personally this car serve be well, in term of safety and good feeling when you travel in NS highway.  Trying to get another unit (used), but not able to get one that suit by budget. 

Anyway would like to share with you guy some information on servicing & repairing, my usual workshop is  "WELTUNE AUTO SERVICE, Blk 1019 Yishun Industrial Park A, #01-374" the boss is knowledgeable on OPEL, and also carry some re-cond parts (c/w warranty). I did used CK, as usual he will ask you change this and that.  Btw do beware there is a unit Astra H @ turf city, the meter reading is questionable (at least 100km less).

Cheers !

• Praise 2

Hi, I'm also a proud Opel owner, mine is Astral H, however coming Monday will be the last day (going to scrap yard), personally this car serve be well, in term of safety and good feeling when you travel in NS highway.  Trying to get another unit (used), but not able to get one that suit by budget. 

Anyway would like to share with you guy some information on servicing & repairing, my usual workshop is  "WELTUNE AUTO SERVICE, Blk 1019 Yishun Industrial Park A, #01-374" the boss is knowledgeable on OPEL, and also carry some re-cond parts (c/w warranty). I did used CK, as usual he will ask you change this and that.  Btw do beware there is a unit Astra H @ turf city, the meter reading is questionable (at least 100km less).

Cheers !

Bro, sure you not doing advert? sorry if you feel offended by my question. Cause newbie posting and promoting a biz sounds fishy.

how much does he charge for normal servicing? thinking of trying out others other than AG and AE.

thanks,

Don't worry I'm not working for them, just to share what I think is reasonable price. Btw per general servicei Is about $140 (with full synthetic oil).

Cheers!

• Praise 1

Don't worry I'm not working for them, just to share what I think is reasonable price. Btw per general servicei Is about $140 (with full synthetic oil).

Cheers!

so do I need to make appointment or just drive in and look for anyone in particular?

do you know which brand of synthetic oil they used? Shell 5W40?

might try it out soon.

i got a 2005 opel astra H, power steering pump spoil.

anyone know where i can get this spare part in singapore?

or anyone got a astra going to scrap? i can buy the spare from you.

Opel is one of best seller car in Germany ! But somehow not sure why so few in spore ...:-)

Actually VW is best selling car in Germany, Mercedes, Audi, BMW outsell Opel in Germany. Opel may be top 5 best sellers but last among bread and butter cars (Porsche excluded)

Not much info on opel? I just test drive the opel meriva 1.4 turbo this afternoon. At 90K, I just cannot believe it is not selling as well as those korean and Jap cars in the price range.

This is a very common car in Euro, don't tell me they all broke down over there? What exactly is the problem here? Perception problems?

I think the mta gearbox either scare off or puts off buyers then. Other than that i think singaporean mkt generally very negAtive perception of many conti brands save for the luxury contis. Also the ad is not doing a great job.

Not much info on opel? I just test drive the opel meriva 1.4 turbo this afternoon. At 90K, I just cannot believe it is not selling as well as those korean and Jap cars in the price range.

This is a very common car in Euro, don't tell me they all broke down over there? What exactly is the problem here? Perception problems?

The problem is not the car, since zaf B 2008 onwards, most of the mta issues were fixed, but first impression last and hence people still remember.

As for not selling well, Most Sgporeans are v pragmatic people, so

1) Parts sold by local AD from previous AD to current AD are ridiculously overprice.and some parts have to wait up to 2 months for it to ship to SG.

2) Labour charges are v high too, but due to lack of exp and tech incompetence from previous AD to current AD, it just doesn't make sense paying high but getting shortchange on service competency. They don't give you any confidence, but that is just my opinion. Even simple oil change and checks will take them 1 day to do it, but from what I heard, their upper mgmt of the AD seems happy with current situation.

3) If they really want to push this brand to the mass, they need to really improve on their service workshop competence. And then with satisfied customers, reputation will definitely be built up and eventually turn the tide.

• Praise 1

This is a relative small compact car. Interior wise I must say is is basic compared with today's electronic gadgets. No keyless and folding mirror. Frankly these aren't important to me.

Seats were firm and suspending good when going over humps. The only 'complaint' I have is the noise from outside. I can quite clearly hear either the engine or road noise. Not sure this can be overcome with insulation. SE told me, add $1,5₩0 for 6 servicing which will pull you through the 1st 3 years.

Good if owner of the newer model can share their experiences.

Anyone has any feedback (as direct owner/or indirect from colleagues/friends/relatives) on the reliability of the Zafira Tourer?

Anyone has any feedback (as direct owner/or indirect from colleagues/friends/relatives) on the reliability of the Zafira Tourer?

Current version if I'm not wrong is using 6 speed auto. From my colleague whom have own 2 Opel till date, so far so good. But he avoided the 1.8 version due to the mta gearbox which many complain abt. Didn't really heard him complain abt much breakdown or wat.. Drives during NSHW is good, car feels planted to the ground n stable when I'm a passenger :)

hehe that's my fear as well if I get one....alas saab no mpv. but opel does have conventional autogear box in the 2.2 litre version but that unit is quite rare as compared to the 1.8MTA.

2.2 & current 1.4 auto both are using 6 speed auto.. Dunno why the 1.8 appear with the mta which is a major turn off I think

↡ Advertisement