Insurance for Honda Civic Type R

Songsong

(edited)

It is time of the year again

I got a quote From AIG of $1511 (Excess $2600)

55% NCD

Aviva $1734 excess $3000

my ride

Honda civic type r (FN2)

Is this a good quote cause i was paying $1400++ last year, this year increased again

Any agent here can quote lower?

email me at [email protected] ASAP

Edited by Songsong
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

cheap lor...drive type R ... u expect $1,000 insurance ?

unless u fully paid ur ride/ 3rd party insurance / one and only driver... confirm cheap....

Edited by Lanevomax

Turbocharged

unless u fully paid ur ride/ 3rd party insurance / one and only driver... confirm cheap....

didn't know fully paid ride enjoy cheaper insurance. why is that so?

For performance car...anything under 2K is a BONUS !! hahahaha....

But no harm trying for lower lah...you can try Chartis...but call brokers...dun call Chartis direct. Their rates direct sucks...but from brokers...can be much lower...and do compare around with diff broker...I got 3 quotes from 3 diff brokers from Chartis...the highest and lowest diff is close to 1K !! Seow one....

didn't know fully paid ride enjoy cheaper insurance. why is that so?

If your car is fully paid, you have an option of paying only for third party insurance which can be up to 50% cheaper than a full coverage insurance.

However, third party insurance provides least coverage, it only covers damage to other cars and any other claims by a third party. Your damage have to settle it yourself.

(edited)

Actually its sort of a myth. Cheaper than 1st party but not that much cheaper as some ppl think.

At 20% NCD, my previous 3rd party ins 3PFT is also ard 1k and its for a humble chevy aveo hatch MT.

I think first and foremost the car model and driver age is the most impt indicator of ins cost.

Edited by Windchoco

Turbocharged

OIC. I thot full coverage is cheaper for a fully paid car. so the benefit of a fully paid car is there is a option for 3rd party only insurance.

that is so cheap. during the time we still driving CTR ...chin cai also >$2 to 3K

$2-3k is normal and expected if you want to drive higher than average performance cars...

My insurance with 30% NCD with no claims/accident is already $3k from AXA.

$2-3k is normal and expected if you want to drive higher than average performance cars...

My insurance with 30% NCD with no claims/accident is already $3k from AXA.

but a 335 insurance premium is cheaper than a CTR leh :blink: i think underwriters are biased...they already lock in mind that CTR drivers are Si gi nah so must load high high [laugh]

but a 335 insurance premium is cheaper than a CTR leh :blink: i think underwriters are biased...they already lock in mind that CTR drivers are Si gi nah so must load high high [laugh]

Could be due to claim experiences for both the cars you are talking about.

post-26669-1375245726_thumb.jpg

For $1511 it includes, the following stated in the letter

1) Excess of $2600-600=2000

2) NCD Protector if only one claim in the next 12 mths. Means my 50% will still be 50%

3) 24hrs free towing in Singapore to their workshop

4) 10 days replacement car

5) $800 for car key

6) Flood and Windstorm damage cover with no penalty to NCD ( means if tree fall on my car can claim for free?)

7) Unlimited windscreen cover

So is this good? can continue with them?