Insurance for Honda Civic Type R

Songsong

but a 335 insurance premium is cheaper than a CTR leh :blink: i think underwriters are biased...they already lock in mind that CTR drivers are Si gi nah so must load high high [laugh]

The insurance companies probably based on the risk statistics when making a premium...for instance people who buy CTR are younger hence more hot blooded and hence easier to get into an accident. People who buy a BMW are in the mature age group and gets into less accidents thant CTR....if you are the underwriter, which car you want to give higher excess and higher premium?????

The insurance companies probably based on the risk statistics when making a premium...for instance people who buy CTR are younger hence more hot blooded and hence easier to get into an accident. People who buy a BMW are in the mature age group and gets into less accidents thant CTR....if you are the underwriter, which car you want to give higher excess and higher premium?????

as an underwriter ...i will LOAD both equally high [laugh]

pple who will go for these high performacne car are equally hot blooded ...regardless of age cos these pple has the thirst for speed

pple who will go for these high performacne car are equally hot blooded ...regardless of age cos these pple has the thirst for speed

if that is the case, insurance underwriters will be out of job...can just simply tag the insurance premium to the Torque/Horsepower.

Wah one bomb kill all people

have to disagree with you as a person age, behaviour will change, balls will shrink that is why as you age insurance become cheaper

you will not see a F1 driver in his 50s

(edited)

if that is the case, insurance underwriters will be out of job...can just simply tag the insurance premium to the Torque/Horsepower.

insurance premium is tagged to Torque / Horsepower ... in anyway ...no all insurance company will write those high Torque/ hoursepower car...and even IF they do write ...they will tell you they need to get special approval ...and this approval is usually from the top aka HO aka those ang mo big boss :D

have to disagree with you as a person age, behaviour will change, balls will shrink that is why as you age insurance become cheaper

IMHO i dont think it will change regardless of age ( you know the saying leopard will never change it spot ))_...if they have indeed change they can get a normal luxury sedan why go for the high performance one... just because they dun show their "temper" on the road doesnt mean they will not... esp when their car already have performance ... [laugh]

Edited by Animian

Not ball shrink la, but know how to think and value own life. Young, no kids, die, only parents sad. Older liao, want to see the kids grow up into successful person, so don't any how chiong. My guess only la, I no kids, no wife yet.

but I thought it is already in the market practice that it will change according to your age profile..

the make of the car is always the 1st thing they look out for ...

Claims record then follow by age and gender ( female then to be cheap [laugh] )

Age and NCD aside, if you want cheap insurance, get a common non turbo make and model like Nissan Sylphy, Toyota Altis.

But for models like Toyota Passo, Daihatsu Materia and certain PI models, where few are sold, the insurance premium can be higher.

↡ Advertisement