Kumho KU31.. come in

Samwng

well said

you pay peanut you get monkey (Simple)

saving of $120 or $500 per set for use of average 2 years is not worth the money against (Quality : Comfort , NOise , performance and Safety most importantly)

Just MHO

seen some car Save money on tyre but spent lot of money cosmetic look only

I will rather spent more money on 4 tyres (only 4 contacts between your car and Road)

Can’t agree more on this.

Maintenance like regular servicing, replacement of wear and tear parts with genuine or OEM parts and good tyres should be top priority.Bottom of the range branded tyres can perform than non branded top of the range tyres (shall not mention any brands to avoid conflict-of-interest. PM me if you want to know my experience)

Secondary are pumping premium 98RON petrol or designer fuel like Shell V Power Nitro + (what a mouthful), cosmetic upgrades etc.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement

Can’t agree more on this.

Maintenance like regular servicing, replacement of wear and tear parts with genuine or OEM parts and good tyres should be top priority.Bottom of the range branded tyres can perform than non branded top of the range tyres (shall not mention any brands to avoid conflict-of-interest. PM me if you want to know my experience)

Secondary are pumping premium 98RON petrol or designer fuel like Shell V Power Nitro + (what a mouthful), cosmetic upgrades etc.

yes for Fuel we pumping higher RON is actually waste of money

A engine designed needs only minimum RON92 , you can pump RON92, running on V power it does provide better engine power

Unlike tyres and Wheels you pay for Quality is = Reliability at least

Tyres not just you drive FAST or SLOW , it also grip better on both wet and dry last most Importantly Braking distance which some don't aware.

YOu need better Braking distance(= shorter braking distance=NO impact=no injury)

Pretty old post, but I thought I should give my input on this HS51 as I bought these tyres in Dec 2014.

Size: 215/45R17

Price: $125/pc (Dec 2014)

Current mileage: Just over 20k km

Dry grip: Good

Wet grip: Good

Wear: I think it will last only 40k km thereabouts. My car is about 1.45 tons including spare wheel and driver.

Noise: Getting noisier. I forgot how noisy KU31s are so can't comment on comparison.

So far I am happy with the HS51s but looking to try other tyres that are quieter. But it's hard to deviate from my usual tyre shop as he offers free rotation and balancing every 8 or 10k for the entire lifetime of the tyres (for full set purchase only) and he only has a few brands available.

The new Kumho HS51 is out.

Apparently, it's significantly quietier than the KU31 but with no compromise in grip.

But also more costly than KU31 of course.

Pretty old post, but I thought I should give my input on this HS51 as I bought these tyres in Dec 2014.

Size: 215/45R17

Price: $125/pc (Dec 2014)

Current mileage: Just over 20k km

Dry grip: Good

Wet grip: Good

Wear: I think it will last only 40k km thereabouts. My car is about 1.45 tons including spare wheel and driver.

Noise: Getting noisier. I forgot how noisy KU31s are so can't comment on comparison.

So far I am happy with the HS51s but looking to try other tyres that are quieter. But it's hard to deviate from my usual tyre shop as he offers free rotation and balancing every 8 or 10k for the entire lifetime of the tyres (for full set purchase only) and he only has a few brands available.

but hor, ku31 thread design looks so much sexier... hehe..

post-3324-0-67223300-1444290109.jpgpost-3324-0-80769300-1444290154.jpg

Edited by Blackyv

But KU31 cannot cross rotate.. only front to back on same side. HS51 can cross rotate.

Unless you dismount the tyre and "flip" to the other side. I did that long ago for my Federal tyres due to some issue with the tyres themselves.

but hor, ku31 thread design looks so much sexier... hehe..

attachicon.gifkumho-ku31-195-45-r15-78v-24896.jpgattachicon.gifkumho-195-45-r15-hs51-78v-12465209.jpg

• Praise 1

But KU31 cannot cross rotate.. only front to back on same side. HS51 can cross rotate.

Unless you dismount the tyre and "flip" to the other side. I did that long ago for my Federal tyres due to some issue with the tyres themselves.

Cannot cross swap doesnt bother me at all...Don't see the need and never have imbalance thread wear... Already on my 3rd set on current ride...hehe

Hi bros, I called soh bros to check on 17 inch ku31s and he told me the ku31 is replaced by the new ecstasy hs51. Understand that there was previously a solus hs51.so I smell some smoke here.

Any bros can advise me if ku31 are still in production?

Hi bros, I called soh bros to check on 17 inch ku31s and he told me the ku31 is replaced by the new ecstasy hs51. Understand that there was previously a solus hs51.so I smell some smoke here.

One is high performance grade, another one is ultra high performance grade, different cat.. how to replace each other? Hehe...

I was previously driving Avante, and it had pretty aggressive negative camber at the rear, so a lot of inner wear on the tyres.

It really depends on your car model and if your current set of tyres do not present any uneven wear, then no problem to go with directional tyres.

Cannot cross swap doesnt bother me at all...Don't see the need and never have imbalance thread wear... Already on my 3rd set on current ride...hehe

Nobody's smoking you bro.. I did hear about KU31 being replaced by new model, but I'm not sure what model it is.

As for the Solus HS51 and Ecsta HS51, I think Kumho just mindf**ked themselves.

Take a look at this link, Kumho Australia website.

http://www.kumho.com.au/tyrecategory/car-tyres/performance/

i got 4pcs of estca 215/45/17 to let go, one with a small patch due to nail. mileage under 18k, abt 10months only. duno market rate leh... maybe $88 for all 4pcs?  only thing is muz self collect at the shop where i fit new tyre at Lok Yang. thread still deep. PM me and I send you thread pic, i duno how to embed pic. thanks.  

Was looking around for Kumho KU31 for my Mitsubishi CS3, was quoted $70 for brand new 195/60/15 by a shop at Kaki Bukit. The owner says price is inclusive of installation and everything. Is this price realistic? Cos seems like there's quite a big gap in pricing. The next lowest price I can find is in the $90s range. Newbie here, need some advise, don't wish to get chop :p

I know which shop is that...the shop that is having opening promo sell.

I just change my tyre to ku31 there due to their promo, my existing trye still got some meat but change due to their low pricing.

No hard sell or asking u to check this check that.

State what u want and agreed on the price n they will just change for u.

Nett price w no hidden cost.

Cheers

Was looking around for Kumho KU31 for my Mitsubishi CS3, was quoted $70 for brand new 195/60/15 by a shop at Kaki Bukit. The owner says price is inclusive of installation and everything. Is this price realistic? Cos seems like there's quite a big gap in pricing. The next lowest price I can find is in the $90s range. Newbie here, need some advise, don't wish to get chop :p

That's a genuinely good deal, but you got to manage your expectations on the Kumho, especially if you are now using branded tyres like Michelin PS3. Worlds apart.

I know which shop is that...the shop that is having opening promo sell.

I just change my tyre to ku31 there due to their promo, my existing trye still got some meat but change due to their low pricing.

No hard sell or asking u to check this check that.

State what u want and agreed on the price n they will just change for u.

Nett price w no hidden cost.

Cheers

Bought my PS31 245/40/18 from them at $130/piece. Was previously using KU31 but was told that this is a new model and decided to give it a try. Mechanic told me that they are buying big quantity for Uber that is why they are able to sell at below market rate. Have to wait for about an hour to get my 4 tyres change. Agree that they are honest and no hard selling tactic. Helping them to promote to any bros who are thinking of having their tyres changed. Call 87992284 to get a quote from them. Its a new shop at Kaki Bukit Synergy.

Neutral Newbie

Is it true hs51 made in korea and the ku31, is in China?

Is 195 45 15, $80 for hs51 considered decent?

You can give the Kaki Bukit Synergy guy a call, bought my KU31 195/60/15 from him for $70 bucks. His pricing is on the lower side. From what I know other vendor selling $90-$100 for same size.

Edited by Enerstar
↡ Advertisement