Spooky Encounters : "They" Are Already Out ......

Maxus-MIFA9

"They" sure comes out early this year ........ [sweatdrop]

Some more, 'White' collar spirits .... :ph34r:

Yahoo news: Survey: 1 in 5 Singapore workers claim 'ghostly' workplace encounters

Hungry Ghost Month starts this August. According to Chinese tradition, this is a time when Hell releases its ghostly denizens into the land of the living.

So if you regularly work overtime, watch out: Nearly 1 in 5 (17%) Singapore workers claim to have encountered or heard others encounter the supernatural in the workplace - right here, in modern Singapore. In addition, Master degree and N/O-level holders are equally and most likely to claim a personal encounter.

The most 'haunted' area? Office washrooms. 33 per cent of 'encounters' take place in washrooms, followed by meeting rooms (15%) and storerooms (8%).

Over 3,500 Singapore workers took part in the JobsCentral survey from May to June this year. Other findings include:

Health & Social Services is the most 'haunted' service industry to work in

Women are more likely than men to 'encounter' or hear about someone encountering 'something'

Writing/Editorial workers are most likely to witness 'something'; Research & Development workers the least.

Strange manifestations are most common (59%); being physically touched by unseen forces the least (2%)

Most claim seeing ghostly/shadowy figures (65%); few witness possessed co-workers (3%)

Spooktacular office encounters

We received hundreds of creepy claims. Here's a short selection; for more, head here.

My friend's a media editor. One night he heard strange noises. The office chairs had started to roll on their own. He said a prayer and continued working, ignoring the noises and movements.

Loud knocking on the windows late at night. I work on the 30th floor.

Boss asked: "Why didn't you introduce the new female staff to me?" Staff was puzzled because there was no new employee. The boss must've seen a lady ghost.

Crying sounds coming from the office cupboard.

Our night security guard was resting at our receptionist counter when he felt something sinister. He woke to a sweet smell and the sight of a figure with hair as long as its white robes. He fled the room and told his colleagues, except his boss because he wasn't supposed to be there.

Something kept singing oldies song near my ears...

I felt someone run a finger across my neck when I was talking to my colleagues. I turned around but there wasn't anyone behind me.

Paper flying on its own in the Accounts office.

Our new female staff was working night shift when she heard someone crying in the toilet. Without thinking, she went to check the cubicles and was horrified to find no one. Then when she was about to run out, she heard a woman laughing loudly.

There used to be this 'girl' roaming the third level of our building. Mediums were called in and 'she' went away.

more stories : http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/survey-1-...-015436836.html

"33 per cent of 'encounters' take place in washrooms" .. :blink:

hmmmmmm....... work of 'Hamsup' Tiko ghost ... [sly]

↡ Advertisement

yes, i have received some news of illegal immigrants coming early...is ok. Just carry on. They looking for place to zzzz

tonight u chk under your bed, one might be there

Somebody not doing their job. Most probably chachwakking on the job. [laugh]

Eh I custodian not immigration

I leave that to others

"Modern Singapore"

Lanjiao ah, they think putting up a bunch of buildings all over the place can plaster over all the history of our island ah?

How come office washrooms is most haunted place? [:/] Even i remember last time when in school, the toilets also always said to be haunted! :wacko:

(edited)

yes, i have received some news of illegal immigrants coming early...is ok. Just carry on. They looking for place to zzzz

This group must had caught the Singaporeans fever ..... always early in queue. :ph34r:

Still got 5 more days before all hell break loose and they are out already hoping to be first in queue to collect 'offering' ... [sly]

Edited by Picnic06

How come office washrooms is most haunted place? [:/] Even i remember last time when in school, the toilets also always said to be haunted! :wacko:

The 'aroma' .... [sly]

Even i remember last time when in school, the toilets also always said to be haunted! :wacko:

'Things' offered to them not fresh .... [sly]

"Lau Sai Kui" ... :ph34r:

I did encountered such incidents when working late into the night in office.

Can feel a kind of chill & cold air blowing on my shoulder whilst doing my work on the computer. Likes both of us looking at the monitor... [sweatdrop]

I did encountered such incidents when working late into the night in office.

Can feel a kind of chill & cold air blowing on my shoulder whilst doing my work on the computer. Likes both of us looking at the monitor... [sweatdrop]

Common. In mortuary almost daily

But they never disturb. Jus say a prayer n they will be off

"They" sure comes out early this year ........ [sweatdrop]

Some more, 'White' collar spirits .... :ph34r:

Yahoo news: Survey: 1 in 5 Singapore workers claim 'ghostly' workplace encounters

Hungry Ghost Month starts this August. According to Chinese tradition, this is a time when Hell releases its ghostly denizens into the land of the living.

So if you regularly work overtime, watch out: Nearly 1 in 5 (17%) Singapore workers claim to have encountered or heard others encounter the supernatural in the workplace - right here, in modern Singapore. In addition, Master degree and N/O-level holders are equally and most likely to claim a personal encounter.

The most 'haunted' area? Office washrooms. 33 per cent of 'encounters' take place in washrooms, followed by meeting rooms (15%) and storerooms (8%).

Over 3,500 Singapore workers took part in the JobsCentral survey from May to June this year. Other findings include:

Health & Social Services is the most 'haunted' service industry to work in

Women are more likely than men to 'encounter' or hear about someone encountering 'something'

Writing/Editorial workers are most likely to witness 'something'; Research & Development workers the least.

Strange manifestations are most common (59%); being physically touched by unseen forces the least (2%)

Most claim seeing ghostly/shadowy figures (65%); few witness possessed co-workers (3%)

Spooktacular office encounters

We received hundreds of creepy claims. Here's a short selection; for more, head here.

My friend's a media editor. One night he heard strange noises. The office chairs had started to roll on their own. He said a prayer and continued working, ignoring the noises and movements.

Loud knocking on the windows late at night. I work on the 30th floor.

Boss asked: "Why didn't you introduce the new female staff to me?" Staff was puzzled because there was no new employee. The boss must've seen a lady ghost.

Crying sounds coming from the office cupboard.

Our night security guard was resting at our receptionist counter when he felt something sinister. He woke to a sweet smell and the sight of a figure with hair as long as its white robes. He fled the room and told his colleagues, except his boss because he wasn't supposed to be there.

Something kept singing oldies song near my ears...

I felt someone run a finger across my neck when I was talking to my colleagues. I turned around but there wasn't anyone behind me.

Paper flying on its own in the Accounts office.

Our new female staff was working night shift when she heard someone crying in the toilet. Without thinking, she went to check the cubicles and was horrified to find no one. Then when she was about to run out, she heard a woman laughing loudly.

There used to be this 'girl' roaming the third level of our building. Mediums were called in and 'she' went away.

more stories : http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/survey-1-...-015436836.html

"33 per cent of 'encounters' take place in washrooms" .. :blink:

hmmmmmm....... work of 'Hamsup' Tiko ghost ... [sly]

Knn. These ppl exaggerate and lie thru their teeth as if readers are dumb. At first say no new felmale colleague, dan later say got new female colleague. What? The ghost kenna frighten by another ghost? This is pure BS.

I feel that the ppl who like to tell ghost story exaggerate such that ppl will listen and pay attention to their BS. If they just say a shadowy figure dart by nobody will be interested.

Edited by Watwheels

Common. In mortuary almost daily

But they never disturb. Jus say a prayer n they will be off

But so far, around Block 9 no happening or reports... -_-

What you place there ... [sly]

Knn. These ppl exaggerate and lie thru their teeth as if readers are dumb. At first say no new felmale colleague, dan later say got new female colleague. What? The ghost kenna frighten by another ghost? This is pure BS.

I feel that the ppl who like to tell ghost story exaggerate such that ppl will listen and pay attention to their BS. If they just say a shadowy figure dart by nobody will be interested.

I won't say anythings ..... [lipsrsealed]

Until one encounter himself ... -_-

I had countless encounters myself .. [:(]

↡ Advertisement