Private property owner wheel clamps car and demands $500

Ahtong

I wonder how much it cost to buy a road? Sounds like a good income opportunity if your area has lots of illegal parking. [laugh]

receipt-main.jpg

STOMPer K found his car wheel-clamped by a private property owner who demanded $500 as the removal fee.

The STOMPer had parked for 15 minutes at a double-yellow line in front of a terrace house at Jalan Mas Puteh while he collected food from a nearby restaurant.

Wrote STOMPer K:

"This happened at Jalan Mas Puteh at about 7.45pm on August 3.

"I parked my car in front of this terrace house as I went to collect my food from one restaurant that I had made a phone order from.

"As it was a busy Saturday, my food took longer then usual.

"About 15 minutes later, I walked back to my car and I noticed it had been wheel-clamped.

"When I tried to find out who wheel-clamped it, one old man came out and demanded $500. I was dumbfounded.

"Then he pointed to a signboard stating, 'Private property. Wheel clamp removal fee $500.'

"Then I told him I came here to collect my food and I didn't know it's a private road as it did have normal road markings (double-yellow lines).

"He still demanded I pay him $500.

"I called the police in, and I was shocked when the police also told me that they had indeed bought that portion of the road last year.

"I was not the only car that had been wheel-clamped before. "Apparently, about 20 cars before me have been wheel-clamped and the police are unable to assist.

"I demanded a receipt, but i was instead given this pathetic letter.

"So dear STOMPers, beware where you park."

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

I wonder how much it cost to buy a road? Sounds like a good income opportunity if your area has lots of illegal parking. [laugh]

STOMPer K found his car wheel-clamped by a private property owner who demanded $500 as the removal fee.

The STOMPer had parked for 15 minutes at a double-yellow line in front of a terrace house at Jalan Mas Puteh while he collected food from a nearby restaurant.

Wrote STOMPer K:

"I parked my car in front of this terrace house as I went to collect my food from one restaurant that I had made a phone order from.

"About 15 minutes later, I walked back to my car and I noticed it had been wheel-clamped.

"When I tried to find out who wheel-clamped it, one old man came out and demanded $500. I was dumbfounded.

"Then he pointed to a signboard stating, 'Private property. Wheel clamp removal fee $500.'

"Then I told him I came here to collect my food and I didn't know it's a private road as it did have normal road markings (double-yellow lines).

"I called the police in, and I was shocked when the police also told me that they had indeed bought that portion of the road last year.

"I was not the only car that had been wheel-clamped before. "Apparently, about 20 cars before me have been wheel-clamped and the police are unable to assist.

:blink::o :o Here can buy road?! Then I better buy some for my grandchildren ^_^

Supersonic

:blink::o:o Here can buy road?! Then I better buy some for my grandchildren ^_^

then they can realli spray My Grandfather's Road without any fear. [laugh][laugh]

Wrote STOMPer K:

Take out spare tire + jack, removed clamp wheel, replace with spare tire, drive away. The guy loses his clamp and "loses" $500 income opportunity. Go construction site, pay a guy $50 to use cutter to remove the clamp.

Take out spare tire + jack, removed clamp wheel, replace with spare tire, drive away. The guy loses his clamp and "loses" $500 income opportunity. Go construction site, pay a guy $50 to use cutter to remove the clamp.

How to remove the nuts when it is blocked by the clamp?

stomper oso dem duh. simi kind of receipt does he expect?

U dun bluff... They say old man... U most likely culprit

I did that in IMM 6,7 years ago. Base wheel clamp. I jacked up car can slide clamp out.

I should have brought the clamp home for souvenir!

If the police knew he owned the road, it must have happened many times and this is definitely not the 1st time they were called in

But then, I am skeptical how someone can buy the road outside his house

Wa every clamp $500... Roi v good

One day gahmen buy back road use strata deed give him $1... I laugh

stomper oso dem duh. simi kind of receipt does he expect?

Er claim entertainment? Fr iras?

Turbocharged

Road can be bought???

Can someone tell me now? I am serious.

Oh dear there'll be a que of speculators outside LTA soon.

As it is our economy is already an unproductive greed-driven rent-seeking one...

The other end of the spectrum to a creativity-driven economy

Turbocharged

Why $500 ??.. since it's private, can just put sign board and amount is $10k.. police also can't do anything ... Good revenue...

Sometimes dun understand these individuals, the mistake is obviously made but whine about it.....

The signboard leading to the entrance of the road is very prominent. x2 Signs + chains to the entrance by the side .....hardly anyone can miss the signboards.

However, I must say $500 is a lot!!!But I guess the owners there wanted to really deter drivers from illegal parking to drop by the food places nearby.

↡ Advertisement