Need help - come see the wear on my tyres

Kt2u

Calling out to the tyre experts... I realized this morning that there are white nylon threads showing through my left front tyre near the edge... the strange thing is that this tyre shows a lot more wear on the edge ("shoulder" part of the tyre, see pics attached) than the other 3 tyres... and these tyres only have 18000KM on them... do I need to change the tyre immediately? Or change all 4?

post-82131-1375667258_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hard cornering? If not, your camber setting might be the cause of it. Get it checked by a mechanic. If it's camber setting, the next set of tyres will have the same problem soon.

camber.gif

As you can see your wheels are on positive camber. Did you install a camber kit? If yes, dan go to any wheel alignment shop to have it set back to zero. If no, you might want to install a set of camber kit.

Neutral Newbie

Wow u may have serious camber setting issue...

previously my inner tyre was also eating very fast , have to change tyre every 20k also .

had to purchase a camber kit and set it right. Now seem to be pretty even , i will always check my tyre once a month to make sure

Calling out to the tyre experts... I realized this morning that there are white nylon threads showing through my left front tyre near the edge... the strange thing is that this tyre shows a lot more wear on the edge ("shoulder" part of the tyre, see pics attached) than the other 3 tyres... and these tyres only have 18000KM on them... do I need to change the tyre immediately? Or change all 4?

before heading for the road again -

check any part of suspension / arm / drive shaft / steering tie rod

check all 4 wheel alignment

change all such worn tyres

redo 4 wheel alignment

other better player correct me if i'm wrong.

My goodness....180000....normal to change for me is ard 45000 to 50000 or slightly 2 yrs over....life

Is more precious. Imo

check if you have other mods that could be potential source that affect this also.

Did you install strut bars, underbrace, rollcage (illegal)........??? These may cause the car structure to be overly stiff and transfer all weights to the wheels/tyres during cornering.

Edited by Kangadrool

wow... so serious arh... my wife said that she saw it already a month ago but forgot to tell me. Lucky never burst yet. I better change quickly then. Any lobangs for a value set of tyres? My wheel size is 235/45/17

My goodness....180000....normal to change for me is ard 45000 to 50000 or slightly 2 yrs over....life

Is more precious. Imo

sorry it should be 18000, added one more zero by mistake. :D

check if you have other mods that could be potential source that affect this also.

Did you install strut bars, underbrace, rollcage (illegal)........??? These may cause the car structure to be overly stiff and transfer all weights to the wheels/tyres during cornering.

no leh my car completely stock...

Supercharged

maybe before you go to change tyre (or after you change), go to a reliable ws that can do computerised wheel alignment and get some advice from the ws.

it is not the tyre or the car,

it is the responsibility of the driver/ my opinion is that you're ' bo chup' driver, tis type of tyre thread is enough to ' buang ',

still ask where to change tyre ?

tell me how to help U...

it is not the tyre or the car,

it is the responsibility of the driver/ my opinion is that you're ' bo chup' driver, tis type of tyre thread is enough to ' buang ',

still ask where to change tyre ?

tell me how to help U...

Erm, don't like that say lah, I found out this morning only leh and immediately come here to ask for expert opinions. Isn't it the spirit to help each other out with knowledge and know-how? Not everyone is a tyre expert right? Not wrong to ask where to get the best price for changing tyres right? Not everyone is able to drive into the next petrol station and let people chop carrot leh...

↡ Advertisement