Finally TP recognizes speedsters caught on car camera videos

Darthrevan

Home Team short of man-power and comes up with free labour strategy and name it as " Youtube Officers " [idea]

[laugh][laugh][laugh][thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

[laugh][laugh][laugh][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Bro Mustank, you are a traffic violations Video's Collector, Home Team award you as " Senior Mentor You-Tube IO " [scholar]

All the L J duraibers meet your lorlee sure habes and die kock standing liao........

Edited by Fongmy

Isn't it better for all when you consider it's over populated & roads are congested?

When it happens to you or your family, you will sing a different tune. Trust me.

Turbocharged

This is a good move indeed. Yesterday, saw a black zhnged civic sped through along the the main road leading to Yew Tee MRT. Hope the fella get caught soon.

until you accidentally do a few km/h over the speed limit, or cut across the double white line 50cm too early and some kay poh posts a video of you ><

seems more like video vigilantism to me ... every small thing also report ...

Bro Mustank, you are a traffic violations Video's Collector, Home Team award you as " Senior Mentor You-Tube IO " [scholar]

no lah no lah

i only come inside here, hoping to see free show, tell some jokes and laugh [grin][grin][grin]

Have you ever checked if tp really did issue summon to the culprit?

The only way I know is to check is from spf website where you enter the vehicle reg number to check for outstanding fines. Not a very easy way cos you may need to check every week as you don't know when the summon is issued or when the culprit pays.

Nope, never checked. Maybe next time.

edit: I just checked a taxi that beated red light, he was fined $200 but never paid.

Edited by Nicholas

no lah no lah

i only come inside here, hoping to see free show, tell some jokes and laugh [grin][grin][grin]

Yah lor ! neber see your post can die wan you know ?? [:(]

If you have a video of a car cut here and there without signalling and driving recklessly, you don't submit... maybe a month later you found out that the driver is involved in an accident and died along with another innocent pedestrian. If TP has warned or summoned him, he could have learnt his mistakes and lived.

That's true. But so far I haven't seen any that the time stamp can be removed unless it's hacked.

As for editing the video... how to edit to make him into a traffic offender? Turn green light to red? [laugh] If photoshopping a photo can be checked by experts to see if it's real or not I think video easier to see...

yeah what I mean is editable for less obvious inconsistencies like the time stamped and not major ones you mentioned. as the law enforcer they are not supposed to take easy way out to assume all videos submitted by public is admissible as evidence in court. or are they so use to playing the game of "dare" that no need to ensure the integrity of the video?

and also I am less concerned with the clear cut and rash act of violation. but notice that different people have different comfort level of what constitutes rash act of violation. that shouldn't be a case of the TP leaving it to the public to judge what is rash act.

Edited by Acemundo

until you accidentally do a few km/h over the speed limit, or cut across the double white line 50cm too early and some kay poh posts a video of you ><

seems more like video vigilantism to me ... every small thing also report ...

yeah lo.....such things do happen.

Yah lor ! neber see your post can die wan you know ?? [:(]

aiyah everyday real life is very office, so must do some crazy stuff say some crazy thing mah [grin][laugh][laugh]

yeah what I mean is editable for less obvious inconsistencies like the time stamped and not major ones you mentioned. as the law enforcer they are not supposed to take easy way out to assume all videos submitted by public is admissible as evidence in court. or are they so use to playing the game of "dare" that no need to ensure the integrity of the video?

From the stories of one of the bros here (cant remember who), TP has used "dare" on him by asking if he'd rather just pay the fine, or go to court and argue with the judge.

IMO, I think nobody would edit a video to make someone looks like he made an offence. Firstly it is difficult and can be costly to do so, secondly, he can get into serious trouble by trying to fool TP into give someone else a summon and how do you know if the other driver don't have evidence to proof that he did not make that offence?

and also I am less concerned with the clear cut and rash act of violation. but notice that different people have different comfort level of what constitutes rash act of violation. that shouldn't be a case of the TP leaving it to the public to judge what is rash act.

I don't think our TP is unreasonable. Even if people submit small acts of offences doesn't mean they will summon, but perhaps just give a warning like some bros here received warnings on speeding that is around 10km/h over limit.

Edited by Nicholas

now TP can relax under coconut tree .... no need those speed trap camera on road liao...

I am abit concern TP's later will receiving Retrenchment Notices from their respective ministry [sweatdrop]

你 我 小 傻 走 一 回 [hur]

aiyah at least got tcss together here before [grouphug]

here got many people come, many people go

at least got tcss and laugh together one time before [:p]

yep somehow I also have the impression our TP has stoop to level of "daring" the offender to challenge them in court to look at video evidence.

I find it rather unbecoming. you want to charge someone for something you should show the evidence upfront to that someone. not keep it under wraps first and challenge that someone to challenge the evidence in court.

sounds more like gangster's piece of work.

yep somehow I also have the impression our TP has stoop to level of "daring" the offender to challenge them in court to look at video evidence.

I find it rather unbecoming. you want to charge someone for something you should show the evidence upfront to that someone. not keep it under wraps first and challenge that someone to challenge the evidence in court.

sounds more like gangster's piece of work.

Agreed. I don't see why they can't show the evidence to the offender like in US where they will send photos of them beating red light. But then again they have to attend court, not like in SG where we can pay the fine online.

Well, I guess now if anyone received summons they can just google to see if their number plates made it to the web.

Agreed. I don't see why they can't show the evidence to the offender like in US where they will send photos of them beating red light. But then again they have to attend court, not like in SG where we can pay the fine online.

Well, I guess now if anyone received summons they can just google to see if their number plates made it to the web.

there's some rationale you correctly pitched against the usa system. but still the logic that offender can only see the evidence by choosing to go to court for it makes it very high handed (of the TP) and onerous for any purported offender. I would prefer them to ditch the notion that

1) they are always right

2) any purported offender are assumed guilty and therefore have no rights to ask for anything

↡ Advertisement