Finally TP recognizes speedsters caught on car camera videos

Darthrevan

Actually these r idiots cos ty end up working fr TP but got no salary.

Those earning the salary no need to go out n catch. Ty just sit canteen lim kopi n wait for these stupid idiots to come n act smart. Hahaha. [laugh]

I believe in SG there r actually pple stupid enough to come n submit videos against other motorists. [scholar]

TP wil b laughing all the way to the toilet. [laugh]

Cant blame tp lar....with the widespread use of vidcam in sg its a good way to prevent rd offences. As long as its not overdone where minor offences also kana reported its ok. Some pips with nothing better to do will sabo even for the smallest of offence. Hope it wont go down to that level!

↡ Advertisement

until you accidentally do a few km/h over the speed limit, or cut across the double white line 50cm too early and some kay poh posts a video of you ><

seems more like video vigilantism to me ... every small thing also report ...

IMHO vigilantism is being used wrongly here. It refers to taking the law into ones own hands. Reporting to the police does not fit it. Posting it on stomp to shame the driver, road rage, and playing punk are though. Compared to the all three, this is far more civilised and cultured, and far safer than the latter two.

I ever kana summon for a weird offence. I wanted to see the picture but the officer said can but i have to pay $80 for the purchase of the pictures. I went all the way to maxwell just for him to say that. The summon says my bike was snapped for making an improper line up in a junction in AMK. I lan lan pay up. [:(]

I meant for other people's cases. If your own sure you can. Never said it was free though [laugh] Since when did our govt give anything for free??? All our freebies are just returned taxes etc that we get back [:p]

Actually these r idiots cos ty end up working fr TP but got no salary.

Those earning the salary no need to go out n catch. Ty just sit canteen lim kopi n wait for these stupid idiots to come n act smart. Hahaha. [laugh]

I believe in SG there r actually pple stupid enough to come n submit videos against other motorists. [scholar]

TP wil b laughing all the way to the toilet. [laugh]

Why not if it makes our roads a better place, and mind you, I'm not a saint while driving (only while cycling) [laugh] Also gives us a way to vent rather than getting ahead and slamming on the brakes, high beaming, constant horning, etc.

P.S. Speaking of horning. The bloke who argued with the old man should have just taken a video of the guy horning and submitted to TP. It's an offence to horn when there's no danger caused

Edited by Elfenstar

I ever kana summon for a weird offence. I wanted to see the picture but the officer said can but i have to pay $80 for the purchase of the pictures. I went all the way to maxwell just for him to say that. The summon says my bike was snapped for making an improper line up in a junction in AMK. I lan lan pay up. [:(]

Surely this is NOT the right way for TP to operate the system of paying to view photos. If the intention is to convince the errant motorist of a traffic offence committed, they should provide all evidence of proof instead of shifting the burden of proof to the motorist. Already a fine is involved in any of the traffic offence and yet the motorist has to pay just to be sure of it.

In the UK, the TP dept is very professional one. Photo/s attached to the summon ticket when posted to the motorist (xin fu kou fu) [bounce2]

Edited by CYHew

Too many out there. Another sign of Singaporeans being overly stressed and tired.

I used to be one of the few divisional officers that pulled people over for traffic offences [:p]

Turbocharged

IMHO vigilantism is being used wrongly here. It refers to taking the law into ones own hands. Reporting to the police does not fit it. Posting it on stomp to shame the driver, road rage, and playing punk are though. Compared to the all three, this is far more civilised and cultured, and far safer than the latter two.

haha cant agree. this youtube thing will spiral out of control like stomp ( where journalist goes to dietm ) its vigilantism because the only step the cant do is slap on the cuffs but trust me, some of these people wanna do it for the power thrill bro. if this program takes off, we'll come back here in a year and see how it has turned out .. haha.

Cant blame tp lar....with the widespread use of vidcam in sg its a good way to prevent rd offences. As long as its not overdone where minor offences also kana reported its ok. Some pips with nothing better to do will sabo even for the smallest of offence. Hope it wont go down to that level!

Ya lets hope it dun go out of control. Wait pple use TP to fight their personal wars even.

And sure to hv some idiots wil always submit videos hoping to gain some 5 mins of fame.

Surely this is NOT the right way for TP to operate the system of paying to view photos. If the intention is to convince the errant motorist of a traffic offence committed, they should provide all evidence of proof instead of shifting the burden of proof to the motorist. Already a fine is involved in any of the traffic offence and yet the motorist has to pay just to be sure of it.

In the UK, the TP dept is very professional one. Photo/s attached to the summon ticket when posted to the motorist (xin fu kou fu) [bounce2]

My case long ago liao...maybe they have become civilised already [laugh] the summon was 130 sgd i think with 3 demerit points. But i pay the 80 sgd i will add another 50% to the summon. [:(]

Yeah, finally can put vid camera to good use. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

how abt video of those sonata taxi who literally dump black soot when they accelerate suddenly? [rifle]

haha cant agree. this youtube thing will spiral out of control like stomp ( where journalist goes to dietm ) its vigilantism because the only step the cant do is slap on the cuffs but trust me, some of these people wanna do it for the power thrill bro. if this program takes off, we'll come back here in a year and see how it has turned out .. haha.

Ya I also fear some power-hungry pple wil do it fr the sense of power it gives them.

I hope TP take all complaints objectively n dun prosecute indiscrimately.

Ya XXX eway pple do 130kmh also never kenna. [lipsrsealed]

But seriously, some pple drive <90kmh also not safe so how? They special n can only drive 50kmh?

I guess speed is one factor but stupidity is a bigger factor. [nod]

I suspect their main target are non-speeding related offences.

*cough* admin fee *cough*

However did you really expect it to be free from a department of our government??? Even say in a criminal case, the defence has to pay to get a copy of the arrest report (not even the statement).

Edited by Elfenstar

Why not if it makes our roads a better place, and mind you, I'm not a saint while driving (only while cycling) [laugh] Also gives us a way to vent rather than getting ahead and slamming on the brakes, high beaming, constant horning, etc.

P.S. Speaking of horning. The bloke who argued with the old man should have just taken a video of the guy horning and submitted to TP. It's an offence to horn when there's no danger caused

It might backfire n instead of making the roads safer, the roads wil turn into a battleground where pple r constantly trying to take revenge n use TP as their weapon.

Just like during the Japanese Occupation where pple jealous of others wil try to find something to report to the Jap Kempeti to get the other person into trouble.

It wil make life here hell. Worse than how it already is. [sweatdrop]

IMO is just a PR thing

'Don't say we are not working!! We hear u and our channels are now open (but are going to make it administratively prohibitive for u so that we need not proceed)'

So end up day, just like another ISO, SQ, PD... award

For show nia

They can just come in MCF and get all the evidence they want mah. Lol

But let's keep our eyes peeled to see how effective ba

I used to be one of the few divisional officers that pulled people over for traffic offences [:p]

Last time i kana by a Sgt Tan....he say i took the s corner at pie exit to lornie maciam wayne rainey.....the way i cut the lorrie at the 1st corner and threw my backside for the second was really swee! Then he gave me 4 or 6 points for inconsiderate riding! Lucky he din take into consideration of doing 120 on pie. He showed me the speed he clocked me....but he panchan me after listening to my excuse!

Spore very different. All gharmen dept wil try to recover costs. Every dept is being run like a business. All must try to make money. Only then can the Dept Head get promoted n receive a bigger bonus. [:/]

Thats the problem with our gharmen. Only see $$$$. :o

This is called being civic minded, and caring for other motorists that don't flout the law :D[:p]

TP has always been doing this actually. In my day, you didn't even need a video. Just go to TP, report and give a statement (including saying you'll testify in court). What I do hope is that TP will say that videos posted on stomp or youtube will be inadmissible so it will reduce/stop cyber bullying.

↡ Advertisement