Need help! Vehicle kanna stolen!

Drunkclubber

Car Stolen PLEASE HELP  

34 members have voted

1. 1.

• Car Stolen PLEASE HELP
    • Car Stolen PLEASE HELP

Hello to all bro of MCF , my post today is to seek help from all bros here to keep a lookout for my friend's black coloured BMW 523 carrying number plate SCJ 316 B which was stolen from a parking lot near Cecil St yesterday morning [sweatdrop] , if any of you were to see or come across the said vehicle , please report to the police immediately or call me at 98180488 .

To all Bros A Million Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Fwah they're getting bolder by the day. Even a crowded place such as Cecil St also can action [dead]

Will help lookout for you

cases like this, the insurance will pay based on market value only right? that means if owner take a 7 year loan, and the car is damm new.. jialut liao

1) pls check if it has been re-possessed?

2) if not, ask your friend make a police report, get the IO to check if the car has crossed the customs. They should able to find out because going in and out of customs is tracked by IU unit and not licence plate.

3) And if it an office carpark. pls check when the vehicle left.

Edited by Galantspeedz

Could be , but friend hoping that it is still on Singapore soil lah [blush] sigh , hope can get his car back and most important is to get all these car thieves [:(] so that our ride will be safer

Can you scan and post a copy of the police report?

so that it doesn't turn out to be a prank... [:)]

maybe a photo or other description would help as well as I presume the car plate would have been changed.

Edited by Sony

Neutral Newbie

AIG got 1 to 1 replacement on the first year but if you read the clause carefully, it says 1 to 1 replacement or current market value of the car at the discretion of the insurer.

2) if not, ask your friend make a police report, get the IO to check if the car has crossed the customs. They should able to find out because going in and out of customs is tracked by IU unit and not licence plate.

Great Suggestion bro ,

if you notice, when travelling into custom..... you have to pass 2 humps.... when you pass the 1st hump, there will be a infra-red flash, i believe that is how it is being recorded.

Real-life experience while working, a customer's car was rented and not returned to owner, police report was made, suspected it was a scam, IO got back to us saying the car had left S'pore via customs, the IO said they know because they check thru IU.

That was how i came to know that in/out is recorded via IU and not licence plate. NOw you know why every car need IU... [sly]

They will most likely pay him but it will take sometime for the payout. Reason, police case, they will say wait for police to conclude the case to confirm is stolen and not scam,which will take about 6mths to 1yr.

during this time your fren still has to carry on pay installments to the bank cause is 2 seperate issue.

And even if his claim is sucessful, his next insurance premium will be skyhigh.

Also since 1st Sept will be the date where PARF can be converted to cash, ask your friend to check with his Insurance company, if he can claim the amount - the paper value.

Reason, if you claim 105k and give the insurance company the paper. Your claim will be 105k

if you claim only less the paper value (for eg: 50k) so your claim amount will be 105k - 50k = 65k. It will make a difference to his next premium.

But i not sure if the insurance works like this so maybe you can ask any of your insrance frens or get your fren to check it out.

Edited by Galantspeedz

M7y house here open air cp, lorry and merc also kena stolen during the day. My neghbour very shock, his lorry those very old one also got ppl want.

↡ Advertisement