Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
492 replies to this topic | 1,109 praises

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

09122012-tesla-model-s-029edit.jpg

http://www.ign.com/a...-model-s-review

Read the review. Sounds exciting!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

JustGoodTrades
  • JustGoodTrades
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This car very impressive....their share price lagi IMPRESSIVE!!
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'd happily take the version equipped with the 200-mile battery in Singapore - it's only about 60% of the cost of the 265-mile version. Of course, it'll still be *very* expensive here.

Edited by Turboflat4, 09 August 2013 - 11:34 AM.

We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hydrocarbon
  • Hydrocarbon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'd happily take the version equipped with the 200-mile battery in Singapore - it's only about 60% of the cost of the 265-mile version. Of course, it'll still be *very* expensive here.

Woah, after reading the review, I also want the car! But if it costs USD$60+K, when it comes over to Singapore (if it ever does), it would probably be above SGD$300K? Maybe.. Still, that would be a good car for city driving. Only problem would be going into Malaysia. Further than Johore on anything less than a full charge = call tow truck.
吃别人所不能吃的苦,忍别人所不能忍的气,做别人所不能做的事,
就能享受别人所不能享受的一切.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

very very quiet car

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The roadster (only one unit left when I checked quite some time back) costs in excess of $600k!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The roadster (only one unit left when I checked quite some time back) costs in excess of $600k!

At that price, it's so not worth it. Might as well buy the M6 Gran Coupe and say screw the planet. biggrin.gif
We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Aukang
  • Premium member
    Aukang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Took this from asiaone: http://motoring.asia...217-263935.html

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Aukang
  • Premium member
    Aukang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Incidentally, they are taking orders for their model x, an suv already....

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Jokerd
  • Jokerd
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

What's the COE for this, CAT A? No engine cc...
Anyway I would love one of these cars, but unless you live in landed, the charging might be a problem...

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Rainman
  • Premium member
    Rainman
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What a beautiful car!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Saw a few of them when I was at San Fran a month ago.. Really stunning. wub.gif wub.gif
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

Makapook
  • Makapook
    Clutched
    Author Image

Super nice car and great for environment. Sadly over-priced...
Current ride: Jaguar XKR

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

Alheych
  • Alheych
    Supercharged
    Author Image

pity that it's not in singapore. it is an expensive car even in the states, so its chances are even worse here.

i had it as my profile pic since last year.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The antithesis of the Model S but my goodness what a freaking gorgeous car wub.gif

starchild2.jpg

starchild3.jpg

starchild4.jpg

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The antithesis of the Model S but my goodness what a freaking gorgeous car wub.gif

I told you la, it's calling out for you. biggrin.gif

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

When will this car ever come to Spore?

I think this is going to be the car of the future just like how iPhone started the smart phone revolution.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When will this car ever come to Spore?

I think this is going to be the car of the future just like how iPhone started the smart phone revolution.

Tesla was here, I spoke to one of the reps.
But it just cant work economically for them and they departed.

One of the hopeful projects was converting petrol driven engines to electric ones.
Imagine what it could have been for car owners here.

As a country, a legislation, an economy, we were simply not ready.
maybe in another 20 yrs.... sleep.gif

Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tesla was here, I spoke to one of the reps.
But it just cant work economically for them and they departed.

One of the hopeful projects was converting petrol driven engines to electric ones.
Imagine what it could have been for car owners here.

As a country, a legislation, an economy, we were simply not ready.
maybe in another 20 yrs.... sleep.gif

Anohter interesting video for this model

Considering that one full charge can go 200-300km, it is very viable for Singapore driving. 200-300km one charge could easily last most drivers 1-2 weeksof daily driving in SGP.

Furthermore, with no clutches or gears, perfect for our start stop traffic. Our start stop traffic would have been less efficient for petrol engines.

Past electric cars have been crap in looks and performance, but Tesla model S look like the first very feasible and practical electrical car that look really great.

Edited by Icedbs, 17 August 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

They've announced an all-wheel drive 0-100 in 3.2s version of the model S... drool..

http://www.theverge....yes-on-the-road

Back to American Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: tesla, tesla model s, model s and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users