Replacement of gas pedal

Thaiyotakamli

Hi bros

I am getting my new car but it seems that i dont like the sensitive touch type of gas pedal, so i thinking to change to normal one, is it possible to change it? What i mean is change from standing gas pedal to hanging one

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
↡ Advertisement

Hi bros

I am getting my new car but it seems that i dont like the sensitive touch type of gas pedal, so i thinking to change to normal one, is it possible to change it? What i mean is change from standing gas pedal to hanging one

Organ type of pedal now in trend[& [:p] i lke these],even some Japanese/Korean cars using it,no no...cannot change it,what car buying.?Strange strange,Mercedes A-class & the latest VW Golf are using the Hang type again.

Organ type of pedal now in trend[& [:p] i lke these],even some Japanese/Korean cars using it,no no...cannot change it,what car buying.?Strange strange,Mercedes A-class & the latest VW Golf are using the Hang type again.

Me no see before.....suagu sia :blink:

You mean your car's original is floor mounted throttle pedal and you want to change it to underslung throttle pedal?

What difference does it make? I mean it's just a matter of getting used to. I actually prefers the floor mounted throttle pedal.

So far I have only seen rally cars using aftermarket pedal boxes which they can choose whether it's all 3 pedals are floor mounted or underslung. iirc the brand they are using is AP racing.

Let me search... ok....

http://www.apracing.com/products/race_car/...edal_boxes.aspx

They got sell the single throttle pedal assembly, I'm assuming the rest of the brake pedal or brake&clutch pedals are underslung. How come there's a hook on the pedal? Perhaps it's for your foot to hook it back up if the pedal gets stuck. LoL... Anyway as you can see this is for usa stock car racing. I dun think it's suitable for your car.

But the thing is how are you going to re-route the cable and dunno what else are required to be moved? I think it's better you just get used to it. Modifying the throttle pedal...to me IMO...is not a good idea.

Korean suv haha cos used to toyota, lexus and merc that has hanging type one. The floor mounted seems very sensitive and jerk alot cos i not used to. Normally in hanging my heel in one place and i just need to shift my toe to press gas pedal or brake. Moreover floor mounted when full throttle and then i release the car jerk forward.

So maybe i not used to it, so cannot change? Hmmm

You mean your car's original is floor mounted throttle pedal and you want to change it to underslung throttle pedal?

What difference does it make? I mean it's just a matter of getting used to. I actually prefers the floor mounted throttle pedal.

So far I have only seen rally cars using aftermarket pedal boxes which they can choose whether it's all 3 pedals are floor mounted or underslung. iirc the brand they are using is AP racing.

Let me search... ok....

http://www.apracing.com/products/race_car/...edal_boxes.aspx

They got sell the single throttle pedal assembly, I'm assuming the rest of the brake pedal or brake&clutch pedals are underslung. How come there's a hook on the pedal? Perhaps it's for your foot to hook it back up if the pedal gets stuck. LoL... Anyway as you can see this is for usa stock car racing. I dun think it's suitable for your car.

But the thing is how are you going to re-route the cable and dunno what else are required to be moved? I think it's better you just get used to it. Modifying the throttle pedal...to me IMO...is not a good idea.

I like the car, i want to buy but the gas pedal really doesnt suit me. Maybe i will go test drive one more time, take off my shoes so can get better feeling. after tested those car i just realized that there are two types of gas pedal and when i google i didnt find much answer

Floor mounted is better.. Can heel toe... Seems u uncle type leh

Think u Sasquatch foot... Angle the bloody foot la

Floor mounted is better.. Can heel toe... Seems u uncle type leh

Think u Sasquatch foot... Angle the bloody foot la

Haha yah floor mount is like for racing type, though i young but i like uncle already, like toyota and merc haha

I like the car, i want to buy but the gas pedal really doesnt suit me. Maybe i will go test drive one more time, take off my shoes so can get better feeling. after tested those car i just realized that there are two types of gas pedal and when i google i didnt find much answer

Try adjusting your seat and steering wheel so you end up with the back of your heel on the floor, but the rest of your foot on the accelerator. Your heel will be the pivot point.

Try adjusting your seat and steering wheel so you end up with the back of your heel on the floor, but the rest of your foot on the accelerator. Your heel will be the pivot point.

ok will try maybe i havent adjust my seat during test drive

Twincharged

I only don't like those floor mounted ones cuz I injured my right ankle before so it can't flex as well as before. So when got those kind of pedals I always cannot depress it smoothly.

Korean suv haha cos used to toyota, lexus and merc that has hanging type one. The floor mounted seems very sensitive and jerk alot cos i not used to. Normally in hanging my heel in one place and i just need to shift my toe to press gas pedal or brake. Moreover floor mounted when full throttle and then i release the car jerk forward.

So maybe i not used to it, so cannot change? Hmmm

I believe the jerkiness is due to the transmission characteristics, because release of pedal from full throttle is simply let go the foot.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro answer to you is No you cant change gas pedal this is factory fix and you only can add on sport pedal that all.

↡ Advertisement