Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
67 replies to this topic | 26 praises

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Bluemice
  • Bluemice
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Guys,

Saw this sign earlier (and many similar ones peppered around the place), off at a open air carpark near the Bukit Timah food centre & Market.There are white lots and red lots ( with the usual warnings on the road).
Interestingly, many cars waited / parked at the white lots despite many available red lots. Thus i conclude that they are not season holders.and they didnt put any parking coupons.

poor english or bo chup ?

and for the record, i did put my parking dues.

mice

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

free parking only at they MSCP, but not at the open air lots, you have to tear coupon for those lots.

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I think ppl will just read the first line and see "free parking". This is a facepalm signage. If you are driving pass the notice, how much of it can you see?

They should put it the other way around stating "No Free Parking at all times" at the open carpark . "Alternative Parking" at MSCP, free on sundays & public holidays.

By the time drivers got out of their cars and read the sign, do you think they will move their cars to the MSCP?

Hire monkeys to write signage just so they cost peanuts....is a bad idea. biggrin.gif
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

Bluemice
  • Bluemice
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I think ppl will just read the first line and see "free parking". This is a facepalm signage. If you are driving pass the notice, how much of it can you see?

They should put it the other way around stating "No Free Parking at all times" at the open carpark . "Alternative Parking" at MSCP, free on sundays & public holidays.

By the time drivers got out of their cars and read the sign, do you think they will move their cars to the MSCP?

Hire monkeys to write signage just so they cost peanuts....is a bad idea. biggrin.gif

ha ha ha... you are spot on. in fact, when i first read it, i thought its FOC, then on reading a second time, realised its NOT.
also, on my way to the food center, I took a peep and saw that all who place coupons are CatB conti, those who didnt are of majority CatAs and one or two CatBs... just an observation. pirate.gif
mice

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ha ha ha... you are spot on. in fact, when i first read it, i thought its FOC, then on reading a second time, realised its NOT.
also, on my way to the food center, I took a peep and saw that all who place coupons are CatB conti, those who didnt are of majority CatAs and one or two CatBs... just an observation. pirate.gif
mice

This shows that no matter how bad the signage is written some ppl will bother to stop and read everything on it...even if it's written by monkeys. biggrin.gif
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Old-driver
  • Old-driver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This is definitely poor English and does not send the message out clearly despite writing so many words LOL

No free parking at all times should be right on top

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This sign is a summon trap. laugh.gif

So lor soh and yet cannot convey the message across to masses.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Guys,

Saw this sign earlier (and many similar ones peppered around the place), off at a open air carpark near the Bukit Timah food centre & Market.There are white lots and red lots ( with the usual warnings on the road).
Interestingly, many cars waited / parked at the white lots despite many available red lots. Thus i conclude that they are not season holders.and they didnt put any parking coupons.

poor english or bo chup ?

and for the record, i did put my parking dues.

mice

It says free parking on sundays and public holidays, who cares whether red or white lot.
Unless it is further stated that red lots are reserved at all times for season holders.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Such a misleading sign. If I drive pass, I'll definitely only read the first line - Free Parking on Sunday. Period.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

The one who wrote this is a small monkey. The one who gave the final approval is the biggest monkey. tongue.gif
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    Author Image

should put...

"SUNDAY FREE PARKING ONLY AT MSCP"

"SURFACE CARPARK MUST PAY"

Edited by Rncw, 11 August 2013 - 10:23 PM.

we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Park first then say.
If kena summon, then take a photo of the sign and question them....

kNN, no talent to design signs ah? Chey!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

should put...

"SUNDAY FREE PARKING ONLY AT MSCP"

"SURFACE CARPARK MUST PAY"

But once they put in the time for free parking, it is as good as what was shown on the sign.

Not the whole Sunday free mah.
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually, the sign just need to say

NO FREE PARKING ON SUNDAY, PUBLIC HOLIDAY

End of story. No need to be so long winded.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

usually, MSCP will be the one without the free parking/night parking

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

#4 or #5 is much clearer...........
http://www.hdb.gov.s...rPark1Signboard

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When driver see free parking, they assume every lots in the carpark is free. Usually nobody will bother free parking is inside the MSCP or outside MSCP. tongue.gif
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Should just put:
No money to pay for parking then use MSCP.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Dark
  • Dark
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This one should go into failblog.org laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

usually, MSCP will be the one without the free parking/night parking

Oakley Sunglasses

wat is with ur post all ending with oakley sunglasses ah?
蛙兄死了

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Sunday, free, parking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users