Sunday free parking ?

Bluemice

Guys,

2r4n0bp.jpg

Saw this sign earlier (and many similar ones peppered around the place), off at a open air carpark near the Bukit Timah food centre & Market.There are white lots and red lots ( with the usual warnings on the road).

Interestingly, many cars waited / parked at the white lots despite many available red lots. Thus i conclude that they are not season holders.and they didnt put any parking coupons.

poor english or bo chup ?

and for the record, i did put my parking dues.

mice

↡ Advertisement

I think ppl will just read the first line and see "free parking". This is a facepalm signage. If you are driving pass the notice, how much of it can you see?

They should put it the other way around stating "No Free Parking at all times" at the open carpark . "Alternative Parking" at MSCP, free on sundays & public holidays.

By the time drivers got out of their cars and read the sign, do you think they will move their cars to the MSCP?

Hire monkeys to write signage just so they cost peanuts....is a bad idea. :D

I think ppl will just read the first line and see "free parking". This is a facepalm signage. If you are driving pass the notice, how much of it can you see?

They should put it the other way around stating "No Free Parking at all times" at the open carpark . "Alternative Parking" at MSCP, free on sundays & public holidays.

By the time drivers got out of their cars and read the sign, do you think they will move their cars to the MSCP?

Hire monkeys to write signage just so they cost peanuts....is a bad idea. :D

ha ha ha... you are spot on. in fact, when i first read it, i thought its FOC, then on reading a second time, realised its NOT.

also, on my way to the food center, I took a peep and saw that all who place coupons are CatB conti, those who didnt are of majority CatAs and one or two CatBs... just an observation. [pirate]

mice

ha ha ha... you are spot on. in fact, when i first read it, i thought its FOC, then on reading a second time, realised its NOT.

also, on my way to the food center, I took a peep and saw that all who place coupons are CatB conti, those who didnt are of majority CatAs and one or two CatBs... just an observation. [pirate]

mice

This shows that no matter how bad the signage is written some ppl will bother to stop and read everything on it...even if it's written by monkeys. :D

This is definitely poor English and does not send the message out clearly despite writing so many words LOL

No free parking at all times should be right on top

Guys,

Saw this sign earlier (and many similar ones peppered around the place), off at a open air carpark near the Bukit Timah food centre & Market.There are white lots and red lots ( with the usual warnings on the road).

Interestingly, many cars waited / parked at the white lots despite many available red lots. Thus i conclude that they are not season holders.and they didnt put any parking coupons.

poor english or bo chup ?

and for the record, i did put my parking dues.

mice

It says free parking on sundays and public holidays, who cares whether red or white lot.

Unless it is further stated that red lots are reserved at all times for season holders.

Hypersonic

Such a misleading sign. If I drive pass, I'll definitely only read the first line - Free Parking on Sunday. Period.

should put...

"SUNDAY FREE PARKING ONLY AT MSCP"

"SURFACE CARPARK MUST PAY"

Edited by Rncw

should put...

"SUNDAY FREE PARKING ONLY AT MSCP"

"SURFACE CARPARK MUST PAY"

But once they put in the time for free parking, it is as good as what was shown on the sign.

Not the whole Sunday free mah.

Hypersonic

Actually, the sign just need to say

NO FREE PARKING ON SUNDAY, PUBLIC HOLIDAY

End of story. No need to be so long winded.

When driver see free parking, they assume every lots in the carpark is free. Usually nobody will bother free parking is inside the MSCP or outside MSCP. [:p]