LTA: More caught illegally altering vehicles

Darthrevan

46001e.jpg

An average of about 40 motorists were caught each day for illegally modifying their vehicles in the first six months of this year.

Their infringements include modifications to exhausts, lights and adding tinted windows, which are against the law.

Latest figures from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) show that there were an average of 1,240 cases a month from January to June - almost 10 times the 146 monthly average in 2008.

An LTA spokesman attributed the increase in the number of vehicle owners nabbed for such offences to stepped-up enforcement and more tip-offs received from the public.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...es-lta-20130811

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Wah they so hardworking!

Can do more on drunk driving or not?

I think LTA and TP different. Drunk driving is under TP. LTA only catch those illegal mods and illegal parking right?

yeah!!! good job LTA... but i think they should patrol at night also... since most modified vehicles roam around at night with their super bright head lamps.. dono is to shine the road ahead or to shine their path to death

yeah!!! good job LTA... but i think they should patrol at night also... since most modified vehicles roam around at night with their super bright head lamps.. dono is to shine the road ahead or to shine their path to death

I was stop by LTA a few weeks ago for Exhaust. lucky mine approve with LTA cert. [:p] But I welcome LTA doing their job [thumbsup]

Many SG cars currently with purpose faded number plate. I observe this is the new trend to evade speed camera.

LTA should look out for such number plate.

They should catch those MY bikes that curl up the number plates to avoid easy identification....

LTA has no jurisdiction over foreign registered vehicles.

So DRL is still illegal? why cant LTA approve that/

Aftermarket installed ones are illegal. Just like fog lamps, factory fitted ones are legal because they meet certain specifications for glare, dimming when headlights come on, etc.

Edited by Elfenstar

LTA officers on the road patrolling just doing their job...

But i can't understand their engineers that set the rules. The exhaust modification which may affect brake, etc is a joke lah!!!

Because we all know exhaust and tints are more dangerous than reckless drivers and speeding lorries!

LTA go after exhaust and tints, while TP go after reckless drivers and speeding lorries.

LTA officers on the road patrolling just doing their job...

But i can't understand their engineers that set the rules. The exhaust modification which may affect brake, etc is a joke lah!!!

You have to forgive them. Our ministers are being paid so much that LTA can't afford good automotive engineers [:p][laugh]

i agree with u..but then again those who works in LTA need work-life balance..highly unlikely for them to work through the night

↡ Advertisement