Roundabout rules: was NTUC right?

Nicholas

And the issue is that both think they have the right of way : viz Rule of the Road and GIA guidelines.

Think LTA should , for the avoidance of doubt, streamline this roundabout issue.

If push comes to shove, GIA doesnt have anything to stand on. The one thing I've learnt from this other blokes experience, is that if I ever get into a dispute with my insurer over a claims, I shall bring it straight to the SCT instead of GIA lackeys who don't know squat about road rules.

↡ Advertisement

Erm.. law dictates one should know highway code, common sense dictates one should avoid accident as and when possible regardless of highway code...

Not so much law. Rather everyone has to pass it to get their licence, so it can be reasonably expected for them to know it :D

Anyway watch the video clearly. They both are crap drivers. It's a shame we can't take both their licenses away. Wonder if TP will see the video and hopefully whack both for inconsiderate driving.

Looking at the video have to say red car also at fault. She was in the wrong lane to start with and should have known that she had a small window to switch lanes.

If the driver in inner lane doesn't give space, cannot just cut in. Show bit more patience and go one more round to try again.

Maybe she drive a lot through Woodlands checkpoint where I regularly see drivers cutting into queue in a very rash way if they see a little space.

If push comes to shove, GIA doesnt have anything to stand on. The one thing I've learnt from this other blokes experience, is that if I ever get into a dispute with my insurer over a claims, I shall bring it straight to the SCT instead of GIA lackeys who don't know squat about road rules.

Is SCT you refer to Small Claims Tribunal ?

If so they have a list of exclusions, and insurance is listed in 1h

http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/Data/Files/fil...JULY%202013.pdf

Turbocharged

your wife is wrong. no matter what, when u intend to exit a roundabout, u make sure u move to the left most lane before the exit. if that is not possible, then u have to ensure the vehicle on your left is definitely making the same exit.

agreed.

logic is just like normal straight lanes, if one wants to filter to turn left, he will also need to check-clear before filtering right?

what if the guy hit another guy who don't give way? the one doing filtering's fault or the one going straight's fault? [hur]

sorry, but it sounds to me like ngeh ngeh try to twist logic..

TS' wife was lucky as it was a blue sedan. Things could have been a lot worse if it was a truck...

if it is those big lowlee, han solo wife confirm wouldnt dare to do that :D

agreed.

logic is just like normal straight lanes, if one wants to filter to turn left, he will also need to check-clear before filtering right?

what if the guy hit another guy who don't give way? the one doing filtering's fault or the one going straight's fault? [hur]

YA. i think the car in the inner lane miss the turn , and last min want to cut across the outer lane to exit. and in this case she meet a driver who refuse to give way. and then bang.

in most of singapore roundabout quite standare the rules. only in some special place like some bro mention, there are clear lane marking that indicate the left lane must go that exit and right lane right exit.

then its count as the outer car cut into inner car lane.

IN this case its clear cut, inner car cut into outer car lane.

the driver made and assumption that the outer lane car will turn out. and we all know what happens when we assume. also did anyone feel that the lane change was a bit abrupt? maybe send to tp see what they say.

very often admitting fault is the hardest thing to do.

Edited by Joecamel

agreed.

According to the highway code, it's the fault of the one going straight.

YA. i think the car in the inner lane miss the turn , and last min want to cut across the outer lane to exit. and in this case she meet a driver who refuse to give way. and then bang.

in most of singapore roundabout quite standare the rules. only in some special place like some bro mention, there are clear lane marking that indicate the left lane must go that exit and right lane right exit.

then its count as the outer car cut into inner car lane.

IN this case its clear cut, inner car cut into outer car lane.

Doesn't anyone here read before posting? Look at what the highway code states before assuming that you're not allowed to turn off from the inner lane on a two lane roundabout.

Turbocharged

i will never insure with Aunty lucy.

A lorry bang my car at night In the car park.

Lorry driver wrote a statement that he bang my car.

Show it to Aunty Lucy..........told me the other party didnt make report.

Went to the lorry company, told me driver didnt report the accident to company and driver had resign from the job.

Aunty lucy ask me ownself make personal claim from the driver. CCB.....

Turbocharged

According to the highway code, it's the fault of the one going straight.

Seriously, you do filter like that and never get honked or hit by someone, since that guy who didn't let u in is wrong?

Not trolling right? [shocked]

Seriously, you do filter like that and never get honked or hit by someone, since that guy who didn't let u in is wrong?

Not trolling right? [shocked]

Nope never, be in in SG, MY, or AU.

Anyway obviously someone thinks Mr Han is right. Look at the Pic of the road now.

new%20dotted%20line.png

The rule of thumb is to give way to the cars on the right based on highway codes. However, highway codes also state that a driver must not insist on his right of way. Therefore, the car on the right must also watch out for other cars on the left and give way to avoid accident. END OF STORY!

↡ Advertisement