School bus driver pulls over after kids misbehave

Jman888

Expat spoiled brat??

but the driver not scare kena sue if anything would happen to the kids? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Published on Aug 14, 2013

By Lee Jian Xuan

Nine students from the Global Indian International School (GIIS) were asked to get off their school bus, after their driver pulled over and refused to continue driving.

The part-time driver, Mr Seeni Mohamad Alim, 54, was upset that some of the students, who were between nine and 14 years old, had been making noise on the bus even though he had asked them to behave.

He stopped the bus along Balestier Road. The students made their way home by walking or taking public buses to the Lavender and Farrer Park areas, where most of them live. Some walked more than 2km, said some parents.

The incident took place last week on Tuesday afternoon.

↡ Advertisement

[thumbsup] to the bus driver... i had the 'luck' to be in a bus ride with such kids from HV to their school. and OMFG are they noisy. talk and cursing loudly and behaving like monkeys (aka u hit me i hit u back and dash around the bus onto other seats in the bus)...

[thumbsup] to the bus driver... i had the 'luck' to be in a bus ride with such kids from HV to their school. and OMFG are they noisy. talk and cursing loudly and behaving like monkeys (aka u hit me i hit u back and dash around the bus onto other seats in the bus)...

i only worry about the driver [:(]

Expat spoiled brat??

but the driver not scare kena sue if anything would happen to the kids? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Published on Aug 14, 2013

By Lee Jian Xuan

Nine students from the Global Indian International School (GIIS) were asked to get off their school bus, after their driver pulled over and refused to continue driving.

The part-time driver, Mr Seeni Mohamad Alim, 54, was upset that some of the students, who were between nine and 14 years old, had been making noise on the bus even though he had asked them to behave.

He stopped the bus along Balestier Road. The students made their way home by walking or taking public buses to the Lavender and Farrer Park areas, where most of them live. Some walked more than 2km, said some parents.

The incident took place last week on Tuesday afternoon.

Mr Seeni should be grateful that he has a job

there are many foreigners who are vieing for his job

if he wont take these unruly kids, there is always someone else who would do so

i

Hypersonic

Maybe my memory is muddled but I though bus auntie got carry cane last time?

You already said last time mah. Try it now and the auntie will be out of a job faster than the driver -_-

Supercharged

i hv ferried foreign school brats before and seriously they bring "got mother give birth, no parents discipline" to new heights and best part, adults are in the car with them. inside a car already can create a ruckus just imagine them on a bus.

tell them nicely no use. financial status aside their behaviour really [lipsrsealed]

i support the driver. for both parties' safety. but, parents of those kids will probably say their children are [angel] and will threaten to take actions against driver.

i think it would better by driving them back to school and ask the school to call the parents to fetch them home.

i hv ferried foreign school brats before and seriously they bring "got mother give birth, no parents discipline" to new heights and best part, adults are in the car with them. inside a car already can create a ruckus just imagine them on a bus.

tell them nicely no use. financial status aside their behaviour really [lipsrsealed]

i support the driver. for both parties' safety. but, parents of those kids will probably say their children are [angel] and will threaten to take actions against driver.

candy or soft drink with sleeping pill [laugh] [laugh]

School bus drivers should be armed with multiple taser guns. :D

i think it would better by driving them back to school and ask the school to call the parents to fetch them home.

LoL...cannot tahan liao. Still drive back?

Hypersonic

Good idea! But how to get them off the bus when they reach? [:/]

Put them on the car roof and ask them to hold on tight. They will behave. :D

They are not baby or toddlers leh. Some ang moh kids 14yo can be bigger size dan you. Animal tranquilizer should be better. :D

I live in a building with many Indian expat families.

Their parents are usually educated bankers and professionals - father works, mother looks after kids.

The kids are especially precocious for their age, compared to kids of other races in singapore. They ask the darnedest questions, imagine kids of 7 years old asking you about car loans, model of car, mortgages, and believe me they are highly aware of the difference between HDB housing and private housing in Singapore.

However, with this precocity often comes misbehavior. I had to e-brake in the carpark a few times cos they were playing catching or just running around with a ball in the car park.

I have also noticed in HK, and I often visit HK on biz and pleasure, the HK Chinese kids are also of a similar level of precocity and naughtiness. Even at 5 years old they can give highly intelligent answers and most of the time, answer you back with astute reasoning when you reprimand them. They even know how to suan other people and often quite witty.

So is it nature or nurture?

If the monkeying around is preventing the driver from driving safely, shouldn't he stop at the first opportunity rather than turn round and maybe risk another 15 mins driving back to school? Lagi more ironic if they were only 10 mins away from the little monkey's house.

Supercharged

ideally that would be the best. but, given the situation that he was in, his first and foremost thots wld be to unload them bfore any injury occurs.

↡ Advertisement