BMW 316i vs Mercedes CLA

Limxiaoming

yah lor....buy premium marque,then go ah seng svc, jb petrol, park car dun use cos cannot spend...knn

As the saying goes: You can take the chinaman out of China, but cant take China out of the chinaman.

Edited by Soya
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The servicing cost is one thing .... the replacement of wear and tear parts is another issue. I have to replace the brake disc and pad at 60k ... whereas for any jap cars, only the brake pads needs to be replaced. For some japs cars, the brake discs do not have to be replaced even after ten years.

Buy BMW or Merc, must be prepared to pay more for servicing ... otherwise forget it. I hate to say this .... imagine the workshop guy "suaning" ... "Can buy BMW/Merc and complain about high service cost". Just like some people buying 3 litre turbo car and complain about petrol consumption ..

actually not all the people who don't go back to AD workshop is because of trying to scrimp on cost of maintenance.

sometimes is the location and slow turn around time of the AD workshop. in fact some of the mechanics in AD workshop are also not very experienced.

of course, I am not referring to C&C or PML yet as I have no experience with their service centers.

The servicing cost is one thing .... the replacement of wear and tear parts is another issue. I have to replace the brake disc and pad at 60k ... whereas for any jap cars, only the brake pads needs to be replaced. For some japs cars, the brake discs do not have to be replaced even after ten years.

Buy BMW or Merc, must be prepared to pay more for servicing ... otherwise forget it. I hate to say this .... imagine the workshop guy "suaning" ... "Can buy BMW/Merc and complain about high service cost". Just like some people buying 3 litre turbo car and complain about petrol consumption ..

u go see bmw n merc forum la....compare fuel consumption...and can use 95 anot...wtf......wan to show badge, cannot afford...knn

remember last time people drive merc/bmw to take used textbooks that are given out to the needy.really a disgrace to the car brand

remember last time people drive merc/bmw to take used textbooks that are given out to the needy.really a disgrace to the car brand

that one is ultimate disgrace.

Turbocharged

actually not all the people who don't go back to AD workshop is because of trying to scrimp on cost of maintenance.

sometimes is the location and slow turn around time of the AD workshop. in fact some of the mechanics in AD workshop are also not very experienced.

of course, I am not referring to C&C or PML yet as I have no experience with their service centers.

price aside...

60k servicing at cnc will render you with a 3d2n downtime. [hur]

i did mine outside only 0.5d.

price aside...

60k servicing at cnc will render you with a 3d2n downtime. [hur]

i did mine outside only 0.5d.

oh which mercs you driving?

yep I heard the slow response time at popular marques AD workshop.

for me, that is one major factor to go to other workshop.

oh which mercs you driving?

yep I heard the slow response time at popular marques AD workshop.

for me, that is one major factor to go to other workshop.

C180, pre facelift

bottomline is this, once warranty over, get the halfway oil change at workshops outside. Loads of them

C180, pre facelift

bottomline is this, once warranty over, get the halfway oil change at workshops outside. Loads of them

haha ok, you even know which mercs solar drives.....

yep.........I haven't went back to my car ad workshop for the longest of time liao

haha ok, you even know which mercs solar drives.....

yep.........I haven't went back to my car ad workshop for the longest of time liao

oh...u drive the swede marque? saab? nice!

oh...u drive the swede marque? saab? nice!

wah you got a knack of remembering what car forumer drives hehe

I still got 3 more years to decide which is my next car.

wah you got a knack of remembering what car forumer drives hehe

I still got 3 more years to decide which is my next car.

muahahhaa....my mammary good dah!!1 [laugh] [laugh]

A merc actually is a good buy! Parts generally cheaper outside as there is a bigger mkt!

muahahhaa....my mammary good dah!!1 [laugh] [laugh]

A merc actually is a good buy! Parts generally cheaper outside as there is a bigger mkt!

haha........for a moment I thought you are proud of your mammary glands

I am considering it as a possibility.

although I have to agree the bmw's engine packs more punch :D

Edited by Acemundo

<_<

Bo lah, I just share my opinion nia. Nothing to do with see him up or down. If things like FC and servicing cost is a concern, maybe shouldn't even step into the showroom in the first place. Just stay put. Car ownership is long term, think carefully lor.

Thanks bro, for the valuable inputs. Really appreciate it.

No la of course when someone buys a car like that he must make sure he buy it with his spare cash.

Things like FC and servicing costs if can save I just want to make sure i know what I am up against that's all not because it will kill me or anything like that.

I'm from a jap background so cannot help but have this mentality ma... Buying the car in cash btw so no worries la [:p]

No la of course when someone buys a car like that he must make sure he buy it with his spare cash.

Things like FC and servicing costs if can save I just want to make sure i know what I am up against that's all not because it will kill me or anything like that.

I'm from a jap background so cannot help but have this mentality ma... Buying the car in cash btw so no worries la [:p]

to be fair to you, I think it understandable for you to ask and research about servicing costs. this is more like getting ready for the commitment which comes with your purchase.

and unlike those jap car owners who constantly complain conti servicing & maintenance cost which cost say 10-20% more as being very costly.

Another elite spotted, buying a $180K car with full cash. :D

↡ Advertisement