DSG Reset Procedure without VAGCOM

Cheepo

Has anyone else try reseting the DSG shift points following the procedure mentioned here ?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51206

--------------

1 Put your key in the ignition and turn ignition to the on position (don't start the engine!)

2 Hold down the gas pedal pressing the button under the pedal for at least 20 seconds.

3 Let foot off pedal and start car. Be sure that you do no turn ignition off because that will void the reset

(not so sure it still works)

---------------

I am doing it once in a while and it seems to work. The DSG after the reset will not shift so quickly and eliminates the juddering from D2-D3.

Edited by Cheepo
↡ Advertisement

My ride uses a 6-speed DSG and the reset procedures are:

a. put key in ignition and turn key to the position just before cranking

b. hold down the accelerator for 10s

c. let go of accelerator and turn key back to Off before turning it back to the position before cranking

If the reset is successful you will hear some shifting mechanical sounds for about 1 to 2s from the gearbox.

After the reset you will feel an vast improvement in the DSG shifting especially in the lower gears.

Has anyone else try reseting the DSG shift points following the procedure mentioned here ?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51206

--------------

1 Put your key in the ignition and turn ignition to the on position (don't start the engine!)

2 Hold down the gas pedal pressing the button under the pedal for at least 20 seconds.

3 Let foot off pedal and start car. Be sure that you do no turn ignition off because that will void the reset

(not so sure it still works)

---------------

I am doing it once in a while and it seems to work. The DSG after the reset will not shift so quickly and eliminates the juddering from D2-D3.

Wow.. Didnt know VW also practice + AB + select + start rules in their car in order to get 30 life for the gearbox!! [laugh] [laugh]

Wow.. Didnt know VW also practice + AB + select + start rules in their car in order to get 30 life for the gearbox!! [laugh] [laugh]

Yalor, didn't know they learn a few tricks from Microsoft winmo6.5 era... Need to tweak here and there and multiple reboot to have a stable working stuff.... [laugh] gosh... I'm getting old to be able to comprehend the logic of owning high tech stuff..

My ride uses a 6-speed DSG and the reset procedures are:

a. put key in ignition and turn key to the position just before cranking

b. hold down the accelerator for 10s

c. let go of accelerator and turn key back to Off before turning it back to the position before cranking

If the reset is successful you will hear some shifting mechanical sounds for about 1 to 2s from the gearbox.

After the reset you will feel an vast improvement in the DSG shifting especially in the lower gears.

OmOm, after this reset, how long do you drive before the DSG starts to learn new tricks and shifts up faster than you like to ?

I also say, man. Must google around somemore. Maybe can find a procedure to make my car run on diesel and CNG too ! [laugh]

I also say, man. Must google around somemore. Maybe can find a procedure to make my car run on diesel and CNG too ! [laugh]

sekali found a way to make our VW drinks on water [laugh][laugh][laugh]

huat arh....

Supercharged

heard from Audi driver that Audi gears also have the same gear problem as VW, coz VW made audi gears too. one Audi driver was so frustrated......

Turbocharged

should just make 3 keys on the dashboard - CTR ALT DEL. :D

No need, just need a Reset Key..... hang just press reset.... then you see a Window Logo appear on the Dashboard....[rolleyes][laugh]

Edited by Nlatio

heard from Audi driver that Audi gears also have the same gear problem as VW, coz VW made audi gears too. one Audi driver was so frustrated......

Yes. It is the infamous 7 speed "dry" gearbox.

Turbocharged

Ya.. my colleague driving Audi A3.. change 2 gearboxes in 2 years..now into 3rd year, he crossing his fingers..

For my ride, it is actually not so much time dependent than the way I drive. Normal driving doesn't affect the DSG gearbox that much. It is only after some hard/spirited driving in Sport mode that the gearbox becomes more "sensitive" and I find that doing a reset helps reduce the sensitivity.

It is not easy to explain what is meant by "sensitivity" but let me try to do so in words: for cars with conventional AT, if you were to suddenly let go of the accelerator at low speeds/gears, the reaction of the gearbox is not instantaneous. For DSG, if you do so at low gears, the engine brake seems to be much more pronounced so the car slows down very quickly causing a jerking effect. Easing off the accelerator instead of suddenly releasing the accelerator eliminates this phenomenon.

DSG is sweet where quick acceleration is concerned but it is initially a pain in start-stop traffic. After a while though, your fine control of the accelerator pedal will have improved tremendously.

OmOm, after this reset, how long do you drive before the DSG starts to learn new tricks and shifts up faster than you like to ?