Watches IV

Throttle2

how come no one advise me?

Considering Omega SMP used. What's the difference between the one with triangle markers and the one with round markers/skeleton hands?

Or should I go for a used Rolex Explorer II. This commands twice the price of an SMP though.

Understand that here all talking relatively big budget watches, so pardon my $3k to $5k watch question. Thanks.

how come no one advise me?

Considering Omega SMP used. What's the difference between the one with triangle markers and the one with round markers/skeleton hands?

Or should I go for a used Rolex Explorer II. This commands twice the price of an SMP though.

Understand that here all talking relatively big budget watches, so pardon my $3k to $5k watch question. Thanks.

You looking for hardy sports watch?

You looking for hardy sports watch?

Something understated, classy, classic, strong branding. Rolex and Omega seem to have some of these watches. Gives off a different vibe from say...Ball or Breitling.

Something understated, classy, classic, strong branding. Rolex and Omega seem to have some of these watches. Gives off a different vibe from say...Ball or Breitling.

Explorer II for sure. It's versatile, dressy or sporty.

SMP is ugly imo. And it's more sporty than dressy.

The ultimate understated, classy, classic watch with strong branding for me is the AP 15300 but the price is also astronomical.

At this price point, understated, classy, it can only be what Tom Cruise wore in Vanilla Sky: the IWC Pilot Mark XV.

A Rolex Explorer II is never understated, cos of its bezel and cyclops, you can always spot it from a distance. Classy, I'm not sure. It is the entry level sports Rolex with cyclops. It's "look at me I am wearing a Rolex" know what I mean?

If you wanna go Rolex, something that goes out with you to the sea, lounging by the pool, as well as looking equally at home in a suit and tie, a 16610 Submariner is your best best.

rolex so freaking ah pek and man in the street.

Can you share why you are choosing it over AP, IWC, Hublot etc.....

people said the same of Mercedes over BMW/AUDI but still there are many Mercedes and Rolex. :D :D :D

• Praise 1

You may have to top up a grand or so for the pre-owned Sub.

the look of sub is pretty mainstream nowadays. no thanks to it having so many designs `paying homage' to it. it will kinda remind me of my own skx009. but of course this is personal, cannot deny thr brand and quality of rolex. so was looking at sth different in the Explorer.

I started to save for a gd watch, either omega or rolex. cant really pinpoint why this 2 brands, maybe I prefer my $ in stronger branding. iwc, breitling..designs and ideas too messy.

spent time researching on omega seamasters. 2254, 2220...

• Praise 1