The Haunted Dolls

Scion

OK. Who put the doll there?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/doll-found-at-dhoby-ghaut-mrt-station-removed/3484098.html

SINGAPORE: Photos of a creepy-looking doll perched on a ledge in one of Dhoby Ghaut MRT station's tunnels may have spooked some members of the public, but it is no longer there.

Channel NewsAsia understands the doll was removed by SMRT staff early on Wednesday morning (Feb 1) before train service started. 

The grimy doll garnered attention after 16-year-old student Ashley Soo noticed it while on board an MRT train along the North-South Line towards Jurong East on Tuesday. She snapped a couple of photos and promptly uploaded them on Twitter, sparking a flurry of reactions from other netizens.

Speaking to Channel NewsAsia, Miss Soo said she was on the way to Somerset MRT station with her friends when she spotted the doll out of the corner of her eye, just as the train pulled up at Dhoby Ghaut station. 

"As soon as I saw it, I spun all three of my friends to face the doll ... and thank God I wasn't just seeing things because my friends reacted instantaneously and took out their phones to take a few pictures too," she said. "It all happened so fast, and before we knew it, the train pulled out of Dhoby Ghaut station and we were on our way to Somerset, still in complete shock of what we saw." 

Miss Soo said she and her friends were surprised at how the doll was seated on the ledge "as if (it were) purposefully left there". 

"One of my friends, Pearl, thought it was a dead rat at first until she realised it was a doll. I think we only registered that what we saw was very uncommon as we reached Somerset station - that's when we felt slightly disturbed," she said, adding that they thought the doll could be a "hidden camera prank". 

As of Wednesday evening, her tweet has chalked up more than 7,100 retweets. Popular Singapore humour portal SGAG turned the photos into a meme as well, referencing South Korean horror film Train to Busan.

SMRT staff were also seen shining torches onto the train tracks on Tuesday night, which led to speculation that it was due to the doll sighting.

"We have recovered the doll and are investigating," said Mr Patrick Nathan, SMRT's vice president for corporate information and communications.

dhoby-ghaut-doll-mrt-track-found.jpg

Must be either an inside job.. or the doll moved there itself...  

its definitely a breach of security and safety. 

How can someone go down the track and just put something there?  the next time could be a bomb.......... 

Aiya...should have ask for 4D number before it was taken away. [laugh]

Tapping on power from another dimension may seeming appear free of charge but it has a cost one

Maybe not immediate but definitely have one

Sometimes it may be more than we can tahan

Can avoid avoid

• Praise 2

SMRT never say how the doll got there ah?!

SMRT doesn't know.

Please wait till they seek consultation from DSTA and then they will be able to share more.

Scully is an advertisement on a upcoming horror flick.

High chance should be some advertisement teaser?! If not how could the doll get into the tunnel lo?! Lol.

maybe this is a pilot project aimed at improving the rail reliability by reducing ridership loading during peak hours... muhahah

tPDxp3y.gif

whoever put the doll there has presumably committed some form of trespassing offence? and if a staff did that, presumably it's fire-able?

Sure. If they can find out who. Like I said, wait for the dsta engineers to come down.

I noticed @RadX is very silent in this thread. Normally if there is something involving supernatural he will reply. But he is silent.

Hmmm.......[sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement