Rate of Petrol evaporation in the tank

W1ck3d

Hi all,

Has everyone has any rate of petrol evaporation in ur car's tank?

I dont drive to office so i mostly use my car night time or weekend. Last week due to one reason or another, i dont use my car at all. Then today i realised that the level of my petrol went down. Not a lot, but it is noticeable.

With a full tank, does anyone know how much differences between using ur car everyday and using it only during weekend?

↡ Advertisement

Petrol like alcohol is pretty volatile. Hence how they are sealed is important things like the seals on the cap.

Environment is another factor. Parking your car in a cool environment, that helps.

Usage: You hardly use your car. Running the engine on cold starts consume more petrol as it burns more fuel to get to the optimum working temperature. Ppl who uses their cars everyday won't notice what evaporation rate as the engine is run regularly and the petrol is being burned by the engine without suffering much loss from evaporation.

Hi all,

Has everyone has any rate of petrol evaporation in ur car's tank?

I dont drive to office so i mostly use my car night time or weekend. Last week due to one reason or another, i dont use my car at all. Then today i realised that the level of my petrol went down. Not a lot, but it is noticeable.

With a full tank, does anyone know how much differences between using ur car everyday and using it only during weekend?

Driven in cold country before and summer and winter has very huge FC however I won't say it is petrol evaporate as winter I only turn on radio and it is comfy to drive. Summer would require full blast of air con.

Furthermore our petrol gauge is agar agar one not zhun zhun one. For example sometime I 1 half tank I pump $15 the needle go up a lot but it is for a short while only

By regulation regarding on air pollution, all petrol vehicles must come with charcoal fuel vapour trap and the trap vapour once condensed is allowed to drain back to the tank. The tank cap must also be 100% seal proof.

Over in US inspecting petrol tank cap seal and vapour recycling system is part of the vehicle mandatory inspection.

When air is cold it's more dense and therefore encourage perfect combustion. You will feel that yr ride is more powerful during raining than hot days.

So should I go to my WS and ask them to check my fuel tanks, pump, etc to check whether it is still pass the standard?

Maybe this is explain my poor FC.

It will be bonus to you if you can find a shop that has the right tool ( handheld vacuum /pressure pump) and other gauges to to the the system testing.

You have to store gasoline in your tank when it's not hot as well as when the weather condition is good.

???? what are u talking about?? [confused] [confused]

---

i'm riding A4 B6. i just pump petrol, only got 7.5KM/L i think the average ppl still manage to get around 8-9 KM/L.

I will have a closer look to this car FC for another month...

Some car petrol tank the outlet is open, just a plastic screw cap...pressure is lesser.

Another design, beside the screw cap, at the outlet, there is a spring catch metal seal. Inside there is more pressure.

With outlet open type, can feed more petrol until brin as the air is being forced out to atmosphere

Well, if you open the fuel cap and hear air gushing in then the pressure is there.

Well, if you open the fuel cap and hear air gushing in then the pressure is there.

i tested today, apparently when i open the fuel cap, no air gushing out, then what does it mean?

i tested today, apparently when i open the fuel cap, no air gushing out, then what does it mean?

Either ur petrol Lao hun or you have not driven enough to shake the fuel in the tank to build up the vapour.

↡ Advertisement