Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

Hi,

Would like to know how many will consider buying a EuroIV diesel car instead of the normal petrol car?

The first consideration is of coz diesel car gives better mileage and maybe cheaper daily running cost.

While car uses petrol is kind of rather standard on the cost of daily running.

Your comments and thoughts plzzzzz... :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi,

Would like to know how many will consider buying a EuroIV diesel car instead of the normal petrol car?

The first consideration is of coz diesel car gives better mileage and maybe cheaper daily running cost.

While car uses petrol is kind of rather standard on the cost of daily running.

Your comments and thoughts plzzzzz... :D

if u no go boleh, then euro5 diesel ok.

same thotz...

but i was told the EuroIV engine cant take Msia diesel...

so this is a rather turn off..

at least petrol cars, we still drive into Msia without worrying of topping up petrol....

• Praise 1

The current max. allowable sulphur content in Singapore and Malaysia petrol is 500ppm (Euro 2 standard). The use of Euro 2 petrol on petrol engines meeting Euro 4 and Euro 5 standards is sub-optimal. 1Inspect the tail pipes of such cars featuring direct ignition technology (e.g. Mercedes' CGI, VW's TSI), it is not difficult to spot black soot accumulated at the periphery of the tail pipe.

The culprit: the by-product arising from the combustion of fuels with sulphur content above 50ppm (Euro 4 standard).

• Praise 1

In Europe, 90% cars are diesel. I think travel up to KL and back to SG is enough for diesel. One of my friend clocked 1100km for his BMW 520d.

• Praise 1

Petrol is a better choice if you want performance

Diesel is a better choice if you want good fuel consumption

but to be honest i think i still choose petrol ^_^

Edited by SeriousGuy
  • Praise 3

I just got a diesel car. Honestly the fuel is damm cheap after all discount compared to petrol

If u drive at least 9000km per year the extra tax already covered by the fuel savings

Considering the fact that diesel are cleaner, with extra CEVS rebate, its a good buy for me (mine 10k cheaper than petrol version) got at S60 D2 at $146k

• Praise 1

I just got a diesel car. Honestly the fuel is damm cheap after all discount compared to petrol

If u drive at least 9000km per year the extra tax already covered by the fuel savings

Considering the fact that diesel are cleaner, with extra CEVS rebate, its a good buy for me (mine 10k cheaper than petrol version) got at S60 D2 at $146k

I also just got a diesel car (Megane Hatch dCi). Currently, diesel is about 40-50 cents cheaper compared to RON95 petrol, so yeah, there's savings to be had.

Thus far, likes the higher torques that my diesel car gives me (more omph at high revs) :wub:

• Praise 2

I also just got a diesel car (Megane Hatch dCi). Currently, diesel is about 40-50 cents cheaper compared to RON95 petrol, so yeah, there's savings to be had.

Thus far, likes the higher torques that my diesel car gives me (more omph at high revs) :wub:

Rare ride in Singapore. How's the Renault Efficient Dual Clutch transmission?

Edited by Kangadrool

Government not stupid. For a start, looks cheaper but later.... increase until no difference but then you help them achieve Euro 5 standards.

• Praise 1

Yes, for those who had opt for CNG vehicles are now basically in a fix , even taxi companies are opting out. One operator of a CNG refuelling station is thinking of giving up the operation and use the exisiting land for more productivity business.

Actually, for sg roads, I think diesel will be better.. Good torque at the traffic lights.. Hard to win a sonata at one.. But of cuz the diesel tax is quite high now..

• Praise 1