• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
452 replies to this topic | 1,033 praises

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Darky8888
  • Darky8888
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Would like to know how many will consider buying a EuroIV diesel car instead of the normal petrol car?

The first consideration is of coz diesel car gives better mileage and maybe cheaper daily running cost.
While car uses petrol is kind of rather standard on the cost of daily running.

Your comments and thoughts plzzzzz... biggrin.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Xanavi
  • Premium member
    Xanavi
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Diesel. Nice for urban driving. high torque for lower price.
Detach8 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
發啊!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi,

Would like to know how many will consider buying a EuroIV diesel car instead of the normal petrol car?

The first consideration is of coz diesel car gives better mileage and maybe cheaper daily running cost.

if u no go boleh, then euro5 diesel ok.
Pursuant to section 49, subsection 7e, paragraph a...

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Darky8888
  • Darky8888
    4th Gear
    Author Image

same thotz...
but i was told the EuroIV engine cant take Msia diesel...
so this is a rather turn off..

at least petrol cars, we still drive into Msia without worrying of topping up petrol....

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

Darky8888
  • Darky8888
    4th Gear
    Author Image

was thinking if this is true and if there are any workaround??

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Koolaba
  • Premium member
    Koolaba
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The current max. allowable sulphur content in Singapore and Malaysia petrol is 500ppm (Euro 2 standard). The use of Euro 2 petrol on petrol engines meeting Euro 4 and Euro 5 standards is sub-optimal. 1Inspect the tail pipes of such cars featuring direct ignition technology (e.g. Mercedes' CGI, VW's TSI), it is not difficult to spot black soot accumulated at the periphery of the tail pipe.

The culprit: the by-product arising from the combustion of fuels with sulphur content above 50ppm (Euro 4 standard).

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Whatupz
  • Whatupz
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

In Europe, 90% cars are diesel. I think travel up to KL and back to SG is enough for diesel. One of my friend clocked 1100km for his BMW 520d.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

SeriousGuy
  • SeriousGuy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Petrol is a better choice if you want performance
Diesel is a better choice if you want good fuel consumption

but to be honest i think i still choose petrol happy.gif

Edited by SeriousGuy, 20 August 2013 - 02:01 PM.

Your source for Automotive News

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hexxor
  • Premium member
    Hexxor
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I just got a diesel car. Honestly the fuel is damm cheap after all discount compared to petrol

If u drive at least 9000km per year the extra tax already covered by the fuel savings

Considering the fact that diesel are cleaner, with extra CEVS rebate, its a good buy for me (mine 10k cheaper than petrol version) got at S60 D2 at $146k

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

Mystupidger
  • Premium member
    Mystupidger
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i would want a diesel car as well...

but more cons...

diesel is cheaper but maintenance is slightly costlier

road tax for a diesel car is higher

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

Pandapura
  • Premium member
    Pandapura
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I just got a diesel car. Honestly the fuel is damm cheap after all discount compared to petrol

If u drive at least 9000km per year the extra tax already covered by the fuel savings

Considering the fact that diesel are cleaner, with extra CEVS rebate, its a good buy for me (mine 10k cheaper than petrol version) got at S60 D2 at $146k

I also just got a diesel car (Megane Hatch dCi). Currently, diesel is about 40-50 cents cheaper compared to RON95 petrol, so yeah, there's savings to be had.

Thus far, likes the higher torques that my diesel car gives me (more omph at high revs) wub.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Do you need Ad blue for your diesel powered car. What is the cost like per litre and the frequency to add.
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also just got a diesel car (Megane Hatch dCi). Currently, diesel is about 40-50 cents cheaper compared to RON95 petrol, so yeah, there's savings to be had.

Thus far, likes the higher torques that my diesel car gives me (more omph at high revs) wub.gif

Rare ride in Singapore. How's the Renault Efficient Dual Clutch transmission?

Edited by Kangadrool, 25 August 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Carpools
  • Carpools
    Clutched
    Author Image

Learn sometime new. I didn't know singapore private car allow to have diesel engine accept Taxi, good vehicles and buses.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Spgohjc8
  • Spgohjc8
    Clutched
    Author Image

Government not stupid. For a start, looks cheaper but later.... increase until no difference but then you help them achieve Euro 5 standards.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Yes, for those who had opt for CNG vehicles are now basically in a fix , even taxi companies are opting out. One operator of a CNG refuelling station is thinking of giving up the operation and use the exisiting land for more productivity business.
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

Banz86
  • Premium member
    Banz86
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Actually, for sg roads, I think diesel will be better.. Good torque at the traffic lights.. Hard to win a sonata at one.. But of cuz the diesel tax is quite high now..

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

In Singapore, driving a diesel car is the best! The torque is best suited here.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

SKB2086Z
  • SKB2086Z
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

As soon as JB sells Euro IV diesel, I'll switch to diesel car. :-)
This ID has been retired, just like the number plate. Cheers.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Dont think the mileage that good anyway, my brother is driving a XF 2.2D, I can only get 8.5litre/100km, 70% city driving. Paper states 5+litre/100km.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Will, Diesel, Petrol, Cars, Will and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users