Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

What, a direct tax on diesel fuel? That's going to drive up costs for everything as commercial vehicles use diesel...

very easy to separate diesel passenger from diesel commercial and tax both creatures uniquely

↡ Advertisement

lots of ways to skin a cat....

they can direct tax diesel at the pump.... and then rebate the commercial plate registered vehicles with road tax rebate/ERP etc.

or they can just increase the current diesel road tax calculation for those diesel private registered vehicle

if they set their mind to it....it is not a matter of how or what...it is just a matter of when. :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

• Praise 2

If they increase direct tax on diesel, lots of companies will get impacted but it will be passed along to end consumers. Govt doing that at this point is very very bad timing.

If they only wack private vehicles, then I say go for it. This is the only way to curb the exponential increase of private diesels.

• Praise 1

该来的躲不过, after they sabo me on the CNG, I dont dare to touch diesel.  [:p]  [:p]  [:p]

After they sabo CNG car driver, i only say Petrol is THE BEST.

• Praise 1

All those rich people drive expensive simi simi euro diesels cars

Better dont come our smelly dirty industrial pumps

Go pump at those rich petrol kiosk

Puizzzzzz [mad]

Actually the diesel option has lured a few average Joe buyers to the premium marques ..

The cevs rebate made these cars cheap enough for them to make the leap. So not every 116d or 216d or VW buyer is a bungalow living towkay.

• Praise 2

Tmd!!!! Knn!!!!! [mad]

If they tax my diesel

Moi Cheong the bunker fuel pump [mad]

Lol. You sure or not? those bunker barge fellows always anyhow add stuff into the bunkers. Your musso can use bunker gasoil meh?

Later end up got to scrap.

• Praise 1

Tmd!!!! Knn!!!!! [mad]

If they tax my diesel

Moi Cheong the bunker fuel pump [mad]

c92277e6a258f37b66b41b45c696ada2.jpeg

http://www.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection

Smoky Vehicles

NEA takes stringent enforcement actions against smoky vehicles on the roads. Under the Environmental Protection and Management (Vehicular Emissions) Regulations, it is an offence for any vehicle to emit visible smoke while in use on the road. The rationale is to minimise pollution to the environment  and safeguard public health as the visible smoke contains fine particulate matter. Owners of smoky vehicles can be fined up to a maximum of $2,000 for the first offence and $5,000 for subsequent offences. Currently, in-use diesel vehicles are required to undergo and pass the Chassis Dynamometer Smoke Test (CDST) during the periodic vehicle inspection conducted at the authorised vehicle inspection centres.  Since 1 January 2014, to pass the CDST, the smoke opacity limit has been tightened from 50 HSU to 40 HSU. Diesel vehicles that are maintained and serviced properly will not have difficulty passing the stricter CDST limit.  Owners of vehicles that do not pass or marginally pass the CDST will be informed by the inspection centres to send their vehicles for immediate servicing/repair.

It is the responsibility of every owner of a vehicle to ensure that the vehicle is in good condition before using it on the road. Besides regular servicing and vehicular maintenance, the driver should avoid overloading the vehicle or dragging the engine while driving. For 2-stroke motorcycles, the cause of smoke emission is usually due to incorrect dosage of lubricating oil or a clogged exhaust system.

All those rich people drive expensive simi simi euro diesels cars

Better dont come our smelly dirty industrial pumps

Go pump at those rich petrol kiosk

Puizzzzzz [mad]

Legal one or not?

Other than Smartenergy, I haven't seen any other legal Euro5 diesel sellers around leh.

Lol. You sure or not? those bunker barge fellows always anyhow add stuff into the bunkers. Your musso can use bunker gasoil meh?

Later end up got to scrap.

My Lao pickup so primitive don't even have ecu

Pour filtered waste cooking oil also can move

Those ships oil no problem

party421.gif

Smoky Vehicles

NEA takes stringent enforcement actions against smoky vehicles on the roads. Under the Environmental Protection and Management (Vehicular Emissions) Regulations, it is an offence for any vehicle to emit visible smoke while in use on the road. The rationale is to minimise pollution to the environment and safeguard public health as the visible smoke contains fine particulate matter. Owners of smoky vehicles can be fined up to a maximum of $2,000 for the first offence and $5,000 for subsequent offences. Currently, in-use diesel vehicles are required to undergo and pass the Chassis Dynamometer Smoke Test (CDST) during the periodic vehicle inspection conducted at the authorised vehicle inspection centres. Since 1 January 2014, to pass the CDST, the smoke opacity limit has been tightened from 50 HSU to 40 HSU. Diesel vehicles that are maintained and serviced properly will not have difficulty passing the stricter CDST limit. Owners of vehicles that do not pass or marginally pass the CDST will be informed by the inspection centres to send their vehicles for immediate servicing/repair.

It is the responsibility of every owner of a vehicle to ensure that the vehicle is in good condition before using it on the road. Besides regular servicing and vehicular maintenance, the driver should avoid overloading the vehicle or dragging the engine while driving. For 2-stroke motorcycles, the cause of smoke emission is usually due to incorrect dosage of lubricating oil or a clogged exhaust system.

:( :( :(

Legal one or not?

Other than Smartenergy, I haven't seen any other legal Euro5 diesel sellers around leh.

Don't have lah

Hahaha

Don't have

I anyhow say one

Hahaha

Smoky Vehicles

NEA takes stringent enforcement actions against smoky vehicles on the roads. Under the Environmental Protection and Management (Vehicular Emissions) Regulations, it is an offence for any vehicle to emit visible smoke while in use on the road. The rationale is to minimise pollution to the environment  and safeguard public health as the visible smoke contains fine particulate matter. Owners of smoky vehicles can be fined up to a maximum of $2,000 for the first offence and $5,000 for subsequent offences. Currently, in-use diesel vehicles are required to undergo and pass the Chassis Dynamometer Smoke Test (CDST) during the periodic vehicle inspection conducted at the authorised vehicle inspection centres.  Since 1 January 2014, to pass the CDST, the smoke opacity limit has been tightened from 50 HSU to 40 HSU. Diesel vehicles that are maintained and serviced properly will not have difficulty passing the stricter CDST limit.  Owners of vehicles that do not pass or marginally pass the CDST will be informed by the inspection centres to send their vehicles for immediate servicing/repair.

This one got enforcement meh?

I see a lot of heavy vehicles and buses (including from SBS/SMRT) emitting visible smoke.

Don't have lah

Hahaha

Don't have

I anyhow say one

Hahaha

Means not legal one lah.  [lipsrsealed]

I see a lot of heavy vehicles and buses (including from SBS/SMRT) emitting visible smoke.

Means not legal one lah. [lipsrsealed]

Hehe

12110_120_01.jpg

Varicose-veins-2.jpg

Means not legal one lah. [lipsrsealed]

You don't know SBS exempted from law? They got govt backing, you dont play play ah...
  • Praise 2

Does one really save a lot by driving diesel?

A few pages back, you will see the maths on how much driving you need to do a year to gain..

If you are a low mileage driver, stick to petrol..

↡ Advertisement