Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

You are not the first to point out the ridiculousness of the situation. But I doubt the true intention is to reduce pollution.

It's like the culling of chickens at sin ming. First say it's not the endangered red junglefowl, next day say because of noise complaints by residents, next day say to stop spread of bird flu because bird flu season coming. Limpeh say it is all jiao wei!

you forgot the last part where ho ching visits the chickens and says sin ming still got chickens so dun worry (except about bird flu)

↡ Advertisement

As I have mentioned before, the argument that Diesel is polluting is flawed. Why lab test and real world test differ is because of the temperatures that they are tested in. Some manufacturers design their EGRs to shut off at temperatures under 17 degrees, some 10 degrees and others 5 degrees. The weather in Singapore has never gone below 20 degrees, so it does not apply! And as mentioned in my older post, Skoda and VW actually pass real world tests, but all these fact are not mentioned in the local media.

I also do not believe that stemming the flow of private diesel vehicles is a solution for greener air unless LTA conducts our own test to see if manufacturers are meeting emissions standards. Diesel is effectively more efficient for bigger vehicles, produces 20% less carbon and lets not forget that based on MEWR's annual report, NO2 numbers are dropping year on year! CLEARLY having more private diesels on the road is NOT an issue

So, the ministry has either extremely poorly researched this issue, or the govt is taking advantage of the negativity surrounding diesel and imposing another tax to simply generate revenue.

As I have mentioned before, the argument that Diesel is polluting is flawed. Why lab test and real world test differ is because of the temperatures that they are tested in. Some manufacturers design their EGRs to shut off at temperatures under 17 degrees, some 10 degrees and others 5 degrees. The weather in Singapore has never gone below 20 degrees, so it does not apply! And as mentioned in my older post, Skoda and VW actually pass real world tests, but all these fact are not mentioned in the local media.

I also do not believe that stemming the flow of private diesel vehicles is a solution for greener air unless LTA conducts our own test to see if manufacturers are meeting emissions standards. Diesel is effectively more efficient for bigger vehicles, produces 20% less carbon and lets not forget that based on MEWR's annual report, NO2 numbers are dropping year on year! CLEARLY having more private diesels on the road is NOT an issue

So, the ministry has either extremely poorly researched this issue, or the govt is taking advantage of the negativity surrounding diesel and imposing another tax to simply generate revenue.

You cut and paste from where? It's a whole load of bullsh1t lah!

You cut and paste from where? It's a whole load of bullsh1t lah! ð

Stoichiometrically, complete combustion of diesel will realise more CO2 and NOx per mole, than gasoline.

This is basic chemistry, no point arguing.

Carbon number of gasoline is C4-10.

Carbon number of diesel is > C20

Kerosene sits between these 2 cuts.

With its extremely high PAH (polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons) diesel also spews the highest amount of particulate matter (PM2.5) per mole combusted.

Burning diesel is akin to burning lighter sh!t, just above the fuel layer! ðð¼

Why does the world, humankind, even need to do that now? 20th century Industrial Age and passe ðð¼

Natural gas (to electricity) is so abundant, from the 'renewed' coal seam, tight oil and shale gas drilling technogies developed in the current millenium.

Electric motors torque have been developed to be >> diesels! ðð¼

Also, ALL garmens in ALL countries in OECD, EU, NA, AP cannot be ALL wrong, can they!

Their decisions are based on sound science.

The WORLD is back-paddling on diesel!

It's not just Singapore!

I don't have any technical proof to show that diesel is indeed clean nor do I believe so. But your last 2 paragraphs contradict each other.

I don't have any technical proof to show that diesel is indeed clean nor do I believe so. But your last 2 paragraphs contradict each other.

You can believe, or not believe, what you want.

The fact is, laws and restrictions against diesel are being progressively mandated and the implemented world wide!

You can believe, or not believe, what you want.

The fact is, laws and restrictions against diesel are being progressively mandated and the implemented world wide! ðð¼

ððð

I'm talking about logic, not belief.

Majority of your posts in this thread rely on attacking a straw man. Arguing against something that no one has asserted.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

governments worldwide are not wrong. however, are they banning diesel as purported by media, locally or internationally?

no. they are banning older cars, including petrol.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/feb/17/london-to-introduce-vehicle-pollution-charge-in-october-says-mayor-sadiq-khan

no one is also disputing your chemical evidence about diesel combustion. but heard of DPF? Diesel Particulate Filter? 

• Praise 1

I'm talking about logic, not belief.

Majority of your posts in this thread rely on attacking a straw man. Arguing against something that no one has asserted.

Ello, don't flip prata here lah.

Ello, don't flip prata here lah. ðð¼

Quote:

"I don't have any technical proof to show that diesel is indeed clean nor do I believe so".

Combustion stoichiometry and carbon number of petroleum cuts is pure science. Fact. The heavier the fuel burnt, the higher the emissions.

No point arguing ð

Don't troll la.

Don't anyhow omit my last sentence which was the entire key to what I said.

Anyway, it's quite obvious you are trolling diesel car owners for god knows what reason so I am just going to ignore you.

Pls go pump full tank

Yesterday just pumped ron97 full tank
  • Praise 1

Don't troll la.

Don't anyhow omit my last sentence which was the entire key to what I said.

Anyway, it's quite obvious you are trolling diesel car owners for god knows what reason so I am just going to ignore you.

Yesterday just pumped ron97 full tank ð

Fact: Diesel's on its way out ... world wide!

Good riddance!

Edited by merc280v6

You cut and paste from where? It's a whole load of bullsh1t lah! ð

Stoichiometrically, complete combustion of diesel will realise more CO2 and NOx per mole, than gasoline.

This is basic chemistry, no point arguing.

Carbon number of gasoline is C4-10.

Carbon number of diesel is > C20

Kerosene sits between these 2 cuts.

With its extremely high PAH (polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons) diesel also spews the highest amount of particulate matter (PM2.5) per mole combusted.

Burning diesel is akin to burning lighter sh!t, just above the fuel layer! ðð¼

Why does the world, humankind, even need to do that now? 20th century Industrial Age and passe ðð¼

Natural gas (to electricity) is so abundant, from the 'renewed' coal seam, tight oil and shale gas drilling technogies developed in the current millenium.

Electric motors torque have been developed to be >> diesels! ðð¼

Also, ALL garmens in ALL countries in OECD, EU, NA, AP cannot be ALL wrong, can they!

Their decisions are based on sound science.

The WORLD is back-paddling on diesel!

It's not just Singapore!

You really know everything across a diverse range of topics. And in detail some more.

Pls go pump full tank

Pumped Shell95 full tank, $60 with $8 discount coupon yesterday. Pumped until see fuel at the brim of the fuel hole just to make it for the $60. :a-happy:  [laugh]

• Praise 2

You really know everything across a diverse range of topics. And in detail some more. ð

I don't need Google, I just need to read what you write â

Peace bro