Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

Twincharged

There are many ways to curb or phase out diesel engine beside rising diesel price and tax. The most effective method is to make petrol price dirt cheap. Why no body think of that? What are those people doing?ð Sure no complaint.

Eh? You want ah gong to "lose" money ah? This will never happen. Like what an ex minister said it's akin to raiding the reserves.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The table published by ST reveals NEA is smoking something we dun know of.

Prius emissions no better than a Altis?? Sure boh??

If true, then the current crop of Japan Toyota engineers are the world's lousiest coz after spending billions on R&D on the new Prius to make it internationally green, a Thai Altis w 20yr old engine technology is juz as 'green'....

Makes sense to anyone here??...

Itchy backside look see Lexus hybrid. Coz they try n lowball me on my turbodiesel mah

Based on Toyota published data, Prius CO emission is btw 70 - 76.  I m interested to know how NEA do their testing.

By the way, Altis used 10 year old engine rather than 20 yr old.

Twincharged

The table published by ST reveals NEA is smoking something we dun know of.

Prius emissions no better than a Altis?? Sure boh??

If true, then the current crop of Japan Toyota engineers are the world's lousiest coz after spending billions on R&D on the new Prius to make it internationally green, a Thai Altis w 20yr old engine technology is juz as 'green'....

Makes sense to anyone here??...

Itchy backside look see Lexus hybrid. Coz they try n lowball me on my turbodiesel mah

Now then you know how jiak Liao bee LTA engineers are? It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Why wouldn't it be possible for a NA car to emit less harmful gasses than a turbo car?

Totally electric cars will definitely be better, but if it's a hybrid the worst emission the car emits is measured.

Who says NA car emit less harmful gas than turbo?

If that's the case, why do Porsche 718 moves to turbo?

For the same hp, turbo engine can use smaller displacement as compared to NA.

(edited)

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=08685840-d664-4713-9ccb-96dcd8936d08

4.  The VES rebate[1] or surcharge for a car or taxi will be determined by its worst-performing pollutant. This is to encourage buyers to choose models that have lower emissions across all criteria and are cleaner overall, so as to further improve ambient air quality and thereby improve public health[2] (refer to Annex A for Singapore’s air quality targets).

u can have low CO2 but if any one of the other pollutant is worst that what is in that band, it will be the based on that worst band

so if u have <90g Co2 but > 0.03g of Nox it will be 20k surcharge

Edited by Wildfaye29
  • Praise 1

the inspection criteria will be stricter.

http://www.straitstimes.com/politics/parliament-tougher-inspection-standards-for-petrol-vehicles

if cars are not properly maintained, they will fail inspection.

good luck to those who have already de-cat their cars but proudly claim they have passed their inspection.

they may have passed inspection before but with the stricter criteria in hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide, cars which have de-catted will most likely fail.

however, those with operated mufflers but left their cat untouched should be safe, correct me if i'm wrong.

It just struck me! The news said record number of people extend COE. Then all those with cars > 10 years old gonna have a hard time meeting the new emission standard to pass inspection?    :o  :o  :o

• Praise 1

Is it true that petrol cars just need to look at Co2 and diesel cars look at Nox to determine the VEVs banding?

Any on line sources to look for full emission figures of the vehicles instead of just CO2?

Is it true that petrol cars just need to look at Co2 and diesel cars look at Nox to determine the VEVs banding?

Any on line sources to look for full emission figures of the vehicles instead of just CO2?

Try this site:

http://www.nextgreencar.com/

Take the worst figure..

It just struck me! The news said record number of people extend COE. Then all those with cars > 10 years old gonna have a hard time meeting the new emission standard to pass inspection?    :o  :o  :o

I think so..

So those who wanted to save may end up spending more to maintain their car or buying a new one.

But in the long run, cleaner air, better roads, less breakdowns, I can accept that.

Who says NA car emit less harmful gas than turbo?

If that's the case, why do Porsche 718 moves to turbo?

For the same hp, turbo engine can use smaller displacement as compared to NA.

NOx emissions is a known issue with small capacity turbos apparently.

uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN12E11K

Thanks for the info.

Seems that some manufacturers saw the signs and stayed away from small turbos.

Twincharged

It just struck me! The news said record number of people extend COE. Then all those with cars > 10 years old gonna have a hard time meeting the new emission standard to pass inspection? :o:o:o

I doubt it will be that difficult to meet. As long as you have a fuctioning o2 sensor and catalytic converter I doubt it will be any issue. It will those who decat and ignore the check engine light relating to o2 sensor which will fail. All cars after 2001 should have electronic fuel injection.
  • Praise 3

What it says is factual correct on additional load on small turbo engine (less than 1.6L turbo).

Look at the example i quote.

Porsche 718 2L turbo.

yah, its crazy. [crazy]

But then again, seem like Merc is not very much affected, i saw in the paper this morning, the E200 is neutral, and it remains neutral under the new VES, same goes to toyota Altis. 

Silly, that would make your car price very close to quite a few other makes, mayb next year a B class MU may fill the own shop.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

The new budget car:

The A 180... I can see my rep dancing and singing... 

When people talk about the famed term "B&B" car, it will have the three pointed star...  

Actually in Germany, the top selling Merc is the B Class, not the C or E.. it's known as the uncle or grand-dad car..  

You could say something similar about that Corolla too  [:p]

I think their investment in slightly larger turbo engines (1.6l and up) has paid off.. 

Now they just need to issue a E180 with a 1.6T and they will corner the market - give the people who buy Mercs for the badge something to cheer about  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

so NA engine secretes less harmful gasses compared to turbos and electrified cars? :D

Small capacity turbos are out ... more emissive per km - as concluded by recent EU study.

Larger turbos (>1.6T?) the way to go?!!

Supersonic

Try this site:

Take the worst figure..

I think so..

So those who wanted to save may end up spending more to maintain their car or buying a new one.

But in the long run, cleaner air, better roads, less breakdowns, I can accept that.

If they really so 'concerned' abt the environment, why not juz clamp down on the thousands of smoky JB motorbikes, lorrries, bas kilang, old protons that cross over the Causeway everyday? Catch a handful of them equivalent to 100 new Euro 5 diesels in SG.

Its simply about raising revenue disguised as an noble environmental concern.....

• Praise 7

It just struck me! The news said record number of people extend COE. Then all those with cars > 10 years old gonna have a hard time meeting the new emission standard to pass inspection? :o:o:o

Yup! That will be the catch-all dragnet, for marginal owners who had revalidated their COEs to avoid going BMW.

Now all hong kan liao ... fail yearly emissions inspection ... how?

Scrap car prematurely, or pay and pay penalty/fine? :D

Try this site:

Take the worst figure..

I think so..

What will happen if the engine in the coe car just can't pass the emission test after proper maintenance? Will lta force car owners to scrap the car?
↡ Advertisement