Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

Supersonic

Long and short of story is: Our "world class" LTA needs to get itself into the 21st century. The world has changed. Clean Euro V Diesel, Renault Twizzy - these are reality. And they still using arbitrary, meaningless stuff like bhp to categorise vehicles....?? OMG..... [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

That is expected.

U see CNG cars. Started with a big hoo har n so many pple get excited n spend so much money to install CNG in their cars then all of a sudden gharmen just with one wave of their hand n increase the price of CNG n it killed it off immediately.

LKY talked about Msia stroke of a pen?

We have ours as well hor

Read that dpf may clog if the travel pattern is city driving. Not enough speed and time to burn the soot. Then the replacement cost will be siong

similar situation also happen for petrol cars.

Read that dpf may clog if the travel pattern is city driving. Not enough speed and time to burn the soot. Then the replacement cost will be siong

heng i still on euro 2

still can palm all kind of oil shiit

palm oil

filtered gutter oil

marine diesel

Euro 2 diesel r there any penalties like higher r.tax or sumthin?

If that happens (again....), then LTA is no better than the unthinking, flip-flop bolehland policies. Let's hope I'm wrong.

I am expecting it. Nothing new from our gharmen.

(edited)

It is not only particulate matter (PM) in diesel emissions that the LTA (and other countries like the USA and Australia) is concerned with.

There is NOx and more damaging - polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in diesel exhausts - even Euro-V. PM and PAH are proven carcinogens.

Lifting the floodgates for diesel cars will eventually translate to escalating healthcare costs.

So it's LPPL!

For that alone, re addressing future ramifications of increased carcinogenicity of vehicular exhaust emissions, I fully support the LTA's managed response toward the proliferation of diesel cars in Singapore.

100% support!!!

The US and Australia are already gravitating toward smaller, turbocharged petrol engines (vs their traditional large V6s and V8s), and away from diesel.

It would take a bit longer for Europe, since they are so entrenched into diesels for quite some time already.

But in the very recent vehicular report that I have read, from the oil & gas industry, they'd expect to see a turnaround of diesel car population growth by end decade and from then on, small-gasoline turbos will rulez even Europe.

Mankind has begun to learn the ill-effects of diesel exhaust, high specific-enthalpy (BTU per mole) that it may be as a fuel source!

Edited by Astrid

Gahmen came up wif CEVS rebate. Clean Euro V diesel cars qualify for CEVS rebate. If more cars qualify for CEVS rebate, that should be good thing. That means less emissions and cleaner air/environment for everyone and that is what any responsible gahmen must strive for.

So what rules hv modern, clean diesels flouted?

Our gharmen dun care a sheet abt clean air or whatever.

They only look for an angle to increase their revenue n wil use clean air/water etc as the EXCUSE to increase prices to milk us for as much as ty can get away with.

I still wonder why there is no mention about Trans-fat being the most unhealthy food additive around? The whole world has declared Trans-Fat as a real killer causing heart attacks etc.

If someone digs deep enough Im sure we wil find the Elites own factories which make products which use a lot of Trans-Fat.

CEVS rebate will eat into the car scrap value at 10years. Owner actaully don't get any benefit.

Most of these "benefits" r the gharmen just take less of yr money now n ty just give u less when u scrap etc.

There is nothing ty lose at all. And there is nothing we gain at all.

diesel price has direct impact on the local SMEs. They won't anyhow raise it to same price as Petrol.

But the diesel road tax will definitely be tweaked. This CEVs part also dodgy.

Many countries already sell diesel at more expensive than petrol. We r just playing catching up.

We need more time cos we have a very funny n complicated tax structure on vehicles n fuels here.

Gharmen cannot change it too fast then many pple wil b hard hit n wil complain like sheet n maybe even cause them to lose even more votes at next election. That why ty now very careful to make some changes slowly so pple wil hv more time to adjust n get used to it.

LKY talked about Msia stroke of a pen?

We have ours as well hor

Ours even easier. No need "stroke of a pen".

Ours just a "Wave of the hand" can already.

I talked to a fren who has a CNG car.

It seems it wil cost too much to remove n u need to pay back some rebates to govt summore.

Not worth to remove so he just leave it there. The main disadvantage is the additional weight he has to carry around which means worse fuel consumption plus the space the huge tank in the boot takes up.

I think diesel wil b the same. At first gharmen wil make it look very attractive then when ty feel the time is right, ty wil whack all sorts of taxes here n there till u cannot tahan anymore but what to do? U already bought yr diesel car n the re-sale wil b horrible cos nobody wil want a diesel anymore. bigcry.gif

classic bait and switch.. very scheming...

Our gharmen dun care a sheet abt clean air or whatever.

They only look for an angle to increase their revenue n wil use clean air/water etc as the EXCUSE to increase prices to milk us for as much as ty can get away with.

I still wonder why there is no mention about Trans-fat being the most unhealthy food additive around? The whole world has declared Trans-Fat as a real killer causing heart attacks etc.

If someone digs deep enough Im sure we wil find the Elites own factories which make products which use a lot of Trans-Fat.

Most of these "benefits" r the gharmen just take less of yr money now n ty just give u less when u scrap etc.

There is nothing ty lose at all. And there is nothing we gain at all.

Many countries already sell diesel at more expensive than petrol. We r just playing catching up.

We need more time cos we have a very funny n complicated tax structure on vehicles n fuels here.

Gharmen cannot change it too fast then many pple wil b hard hit n wil complain like sheet n maybe even cause them to lose even more votes at next election. That why ty now very careful to make some changes slowly so pple wil hv more time to adjust n get used to it.

Ours even easier. No need "stroke of a pen".

Ours just a "Wave of the hand" can already.

We also can wave our pen in 2016.

diesel. more power.

besides torque & cost savings, does it hurt the engine if i dun drive as frequent with a diesel car? i heard some says the carbon will build up if u dun drive frequently, is this claim true?

diesel price has direct impact on the local SMEs. They won't anyhow raise it to same price as Petrol.

But the diesel road tax will definitely be tweaked. This CEVs part also dodgy.

i beg to differ ondirect impact to local SME...

what LTA will do is to have your diesel car fuel tank modified with a smaller opening so that u cant pump diesel from the normal kiosks for lorry and commercial vehicles..

diesel cars can only go to specific diesel kiosks with the right hose size to pump... of coz price will be different too...

classic bait and switch.. very scheming...

Classic con tactic of shops like at Sim Lim who also use the "Bait n switch" tactic to cheat customers.

We also can wave our pen in 2016.

Yes more n more of us have been "wave the pen" during the elections n the P8P know this n r trying to win back those lost votes but if u study their new policies there is not much difference.

Just they disguise them better to con the unsuspecting voters.

Unfortunately more voters r getting wise to them at every election n wun b long we dun see the lightning around much longer. I just hope all my CPF money is still intact after ty r gone. [sweatdrop]

besides torque & cost savings, does it hurt the engine if i dun drive as frequent with a diesel car? i heard some says the carbon will build up if u dun drive frequently, is this claim true?

not really . Euro IV n V already resolved this issue.... just drive it like a normal petrol car.

Can any bros here advise why

New car diesel engine noise is acceptable, after 2 or 3 years, the engine noise become louder and louder and produce odour exhaust gas, [:(]

Hypersonic

Can any bros here advise why

New car diesel engine noise is acceptable, after 2 or 3 years, the engine noise become louder and louder and produce odour exhaust gas, [:(]

I saw many diesel car in Germany are more than 10yrs and totally running fine workout any black smoke.

I saw many diesel car in Germany are more than 10yrs and totally running fine workout any black smoke.

I found Hyundai comfort Taxi engine also become very noise, few year ago I celebrated finally the noisy Toyota crown taxi were replaced by quiet Taxi, we can have a good sleep at night,

but now these batch taxis become noisy as well, noise nightmare came back again, [rifle] and gives off strong irritating smell when it passed your side, not black smoke,

Hypersonic
(edited)

I found Hyundai comfort Taxi engine also become very noise, few year ago I celebrated finally the noisy Toyota crown taxi were replaced by quiet Taxi, we can have a good sleep at night,

but now these batch taxis become noisy as well, noise nightmare came back again, [rifle] and gives off strong irritating smell when it passed your side, not black smoke,

I will believe due to poor maintenance from taxi company.

In Germany you still can find many old W124 220cdi taxi running around in good condition.

Edited by Tohto

maybe weather and diff temperature plays a part?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1