Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

Supersonic

Somemore no reduction in road tax!!!diesel got...ð

Wahaha.....I own both diesel & petrol. So either way I win....and lose.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You very clever.....quick go get a EV and one Hybrid...

Then you r invincible!!

Edited by Spidey10

Sure 1 win 1 lose ? Either way both also lose, only different is one lose more than the other.
  • Praise 1

Any point in getting cars like the Citroën C4 for diesel usage? Or it's largely going to get very not feasible for driving one?

Buy if you are a high mileage user. The FC is great. I think Bros here did some calculations already, the higher mileage you cover the better savings.

I am doing average 30k km per year and love the FC. Currently my one full tank gives me 900-950km

Previously my petrol bill was almost similar to my instalment!!

Basic Economics 101 question:

For those diesel models that will kena slap VES surcharge next year, doesn't that mean extg diesel cars already registered today will increase in resale value?

Dont want to pour cold water but which AD or PI going to bring in cars that cost more that will not sell?

so existing stock will remain same till end like other cars of life. Only need to worry what new 'incentives' LTA got to offer to make diesel cleaner when you go for inspection.

If engines run on water, then gives fresh oxygen as output from tailpipes, am sure government will put up restrictions, increase water tax further or ban it also! [laugh]

Better avoid diesel car cos government is scrapping the idea. By 2020, diesel car sold at scrap value regardless New or old. No one wants it Liao...

http://m.todayonline.com/commentary/driving-future-without-diesel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36169815

Did you read this article as well?

Not just only diesel, but petrol car as well! And they are banning those old diesel only...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36169815

Did you read this article as well?

Not just only diesel, but petrol car as well! And they are banning those old diesel only...

Anyhow, if now only applies to old diesel, just a matter of time new diesel will also become 'old' diesel.

Pattern will be more than badminton, expected more 'incentives' to come. All in the name of green environment ha.

Owner of diesel car now do be prepared to drive till scrap. Unless selling for dirt cheap, doubt anyone will do so, will be difficult to find buyer of used units in coming years.

sugar levy. disguised as "its actually good for your health you know" .... [:p]

once again, those who made up their mind on diesel should not procrastinate anymore. have to do it this year.

for me, if I were planning to buy a diesel, 1-series. [:)]

If can budget, go for 2 series for better space n utility esp if u hv small family.. for me, I went the hybrid way..
  • Praise 1

A friend contemplated diesel car cos savings in fuel could have amounted to $5000 a year. If you can resist backside itchy syndrome this amounts to $50,000 over the lifespan of the car.

Problem is very few people can even tahan 5 years and there are many questions raised over maintenance issues, parts availability and inspections, diesel tax etc.

If you cannot tahan and decide to sell 3 years down the road, the savings of $15,000 can be wiped out easily cos the writings are already on the wall and it would be a challenge to get a decent resale price. Sort of like a petrol car would depreciate 40% but a diesel may be at 60%.

Govt already thinking very hard how to reduce the hundred over thousand commercial diesel vehicles on the road. They sure as hell is not gonna let private diesel flourish. Commercial vehicles cannot be chopped without ripple effects across the whole economy. Chopping private diesels is another matter all together.

Dun keep thinking itz worthwhile to get diesel if your mileage is above 30k or 40k etc. Too simplistic.

Think along whether you will hold it till scrap. IMHO.

• Praise 4

A friend contemplated diesel car cos savings in fuel could have amounted to $5000 a year. If you can resist backside itchy syndrome this amounts to $50,000 over the lifespan of the car.

Problem is very few people can even tahan 5 years and there are many questions raised over maintenance issues, parts availability and inspections, diesel tax etc.

If you cannot tahan and decide to sell 3 years down the road, the savings of $15,000 can be wiped out easily cos the writings are already on the wall and it would be a challenge to get a decent resale price. Sort of like a petrol car would depreciate 40% but a diesel may be at 60%.

Govt already thinking very hard how to reduce the hundred over thousand commercial diesel vehicles on the road. They sure as hell is not gonna let private diesel flourish. Commercial vehicles cannot be chopped without ripple effects across the whole economy. Chopping private diesels is another matter all together.

Dun keep thinking itz worthwhile to get diesel if your mileage is above 30k or 40k etc. Too simplistic.

Think along whether you will hold it till scrap. IMHO.

Sekali introduce Additional Buyer Stamp Duty for resale diesel
  • Praise 2

Please don't remind the scholars at LTA. .....  :D 

Sekali introduce Additional Buyer Stamp Duty for resale diesel

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2