Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

Yesterday saw an A6 accelerating fast down the road, then suddenly a burst of black smokes.

So A6 also have diesel version?

↡ Advertisement

Yesterday saw an A6 accelerating fast down the road, then suddenly a burst of black smokes.

According to sgcarmart from 2012-13 there was Avant (stationwagon) diesel
  • Praise 1

Please don't remind the scholars at LTA. ..... :D

This kind of thing need to remind them one meh? It's in their blood already
  • Praise 2

Like this? :grin:

hqdefault.jpg

This one is trick

When people want to take photo, chut black smoke then can't see anything :XD:

Nature also have :grin:

contentItem-903875-5289563-7c08tfgaj3po6

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 4

hqdefault.jpg

This one is trick

No wonder the garmen is whacking diesel cars lah!
  • Praise 2

hqdefault.jpg

This one is trick

You are absolutely spot on!

Lol, exactly what I saw.

Just praised you, so owe you one.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Wahaha.....u fellas still believe it's abt black smoke n all ah?

More like smoke & mirrors just to collect more $$$.

If hybrid become too popular, next 'concern' is "oh, we juz realise battery disposal harm environment, so must tax hor....."

• Praise 2

A friend contemplated diesel car cos savings in fuel could have amounted to $5000 a year. If you can resist backside itchy syndrome this amounts to $50,000 over the lifespan of the car.

Problem is very few people can even tahan 5 years and there are many questions raised over maintenance issues, parts availability and inspections, diesel tax etc.

If you cannot tahan and decide to sell 3 years down the road, the savings of $15,000 can be wiped out easily cos the writings are already on the wall and it would be a challenge to get a decent resale price. Sort of like a petrol car would depreciate 40% but a diesel may be at 60%.

Govt already thinking very hard how to reduce the hundred over thousand commercial diesel vehicles on the road. They sure as hell is not gonna let private diesel flourish. Commercial vehicles cannot be chopped without ripple effects across the whole economy. Chopping private diesels is another matter all together.

Dun keep thinking itz worthwhile to get diesel if your mileage is above 30k or 40k etc. Too simplistic.

Think along whether you will hold it till scrap. IMHO.

Wow save 5k in fuel... I don't even spend 3k on fuel in a year and I drive 20k. He must be driving 60k or more.

I have always like the diesel powered SUV primarily for the torque than anything else. Drove the M50d once and the torque coupled with the IL6 made the beast felt as if it was a raging bull with endless breath [thumbsup]

all these discussions about black smoke, can SG impose a heavier VEP on MY diesel vehicles?  esp those that old ones that emit lots of black smoke.

no point controlling, taxing so much on SG vehicles when MY vehicles come in and back to square 1.

will all diesel taxis be phased out too?

all these discussions about black smoke, can SG impose a heavier VEP on MY diesel vehicles?  esp those that old ones that emit lots of black smoke.

no point controlling, taxing so much on SG vehicles when MY vehicles come in and back to square 1.

will all diesel taxis be phased out too?

only when diesel price is more expensive then petrol.

overall running cost is what it matters, taxis/companies don't care which one gives more...e .g torque/power.

Edited by Stone-Cold

Wahaha.....u fellas still believe it's abt black smoke n all ah?

More like smoke & mirrors just to collect more $$$.

If hybrid become too popular, next 'concern' is "oh, we juz realise battery disposal harm environment, so must tax hor....."

Don't worry ... maybe next year will twist again to implement battery disposal tax .

To be fair, we can't do anything about the neighbour's lorries and buses spewing black smoke when they come across. Just like we can't ask Indo to stop their yearly burning... Haha! 

On a serious note, I am pro green, so a bit sad Trump repealing Obama's laws. Global warming is for everyone to chip in. The smaller countries can only do so much and hope the bigger ones will cut their emissions. Anyway i make my family sleep without aircond also saves my electric bill haha!

↡ Advertisement