Volkswagen happy owners

Jonathan409

Dun bother with the comments here. Use your own eyes and see. When you are on the road, do you see a lot of cars of a certain make breaking down that is more than its fair share? Here in MCF, people complain that Volvos, Kimchi cars, Merc, BMW and Italian cars are all unreliable.. so how?

If you want real feedback, joing VAGSG. Why would you want to hear feedback of VW and Audis from owners of Toyotas and Hondas?

I fully agree with you. I am at VAGSG. :D

• Praise 1

OK... VW does have reliability issue and there are owners who have shared their exp. However, those really jialat eg like the one above almost is always by a friend of someone who somehow dun have his own MCF or VAGSG account, and somehow although I have been driving for 6 years, I have only ever seen > 2 VW at the side of the expressway alone not involved in accident and even then dunno if it is tyres or something.

The only thing I will say again is. Go VAGSG and ask the owners... dun ask people who's friends VW turn into a monster and kill puppies at night.

Ok lah I agree to disagree. But hor those with jialat problem would have given upand sold their cars liao. Would they be in the vagsg forum? You get what I mean? Those with not much problems of course they will hang around there.

See the other thread Ryap395 is really facing a big issue with his car's engine. Piston crack, engine compromised. He even gave his email. I think he's not going to look at the brand if given the choice. What ppl heard is not without base given the global recall on the same issue. I have eyes to see. This kinda news not from tabloid. It's in fact real. I dun need ppl in vagsg to convince me.

Ok lah I agree to disagree. But hor those with jialat problem would have given upand sold their cars liao. Would they be in the vagsg forum? You get what I mean? Those with not much problems of course they will hang around there.

See the other thread Ryap395 is really facing a big issue with his car's engine. Piston crack, engine compromised. He even gave his email. I think he's not going to look at the brand if given the choice. What ppl heard is not without base given the global recall on the same issue. I have eyes to see. This kinda news not from tabloid. It's in fact real. I dun need ppl in vagsg to convince me.

You are convinced that a whole plantation of apples are bad just because of a very bad apple?

That guy owns a VW, so do many many of us. His case seems to be genuine, but so do all of us here.

You are convinced that a whole plantation of apples are bad just because of a very bad apple?

That guy owns a VW, so do many many of us. His case seems to be genuine, but so do all of us here.

If it's not that bad what's up with the global recall. Of course it's bad dan recall what. Just like recent milk scare. What for issue global recall if it's not that bad?

YouTube search can easily see owners from different region suffer the same issue. Is that hearsay too? Maybe ppl jiak bah go fake a video and spread false rumors.

Edited by Watwheels

I use to drive a B6 Passat for 4.5 year... really reliable ride... just wear and tear parts replaced, nothing major... its using the normal torque converter transmission... guess just avoid the 7-speed dry DSG...

So why do you want to find happy VW owners?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i didn't own the VW car, but if VW able to sell more than 8 million each year, i think VW still have a good reputation of reliability and very popular.

If it's not that bad what's up with the global recall. Of course it's bad dan recall what. Just like recent milk scare. What for issue global recall if it's not that bad?

YouTube search can easily see owners from different region suffer the same issue. Is that hearsay too? Maybe ppl jiak bah go fake a video and spread false rumors.

Think everyone knows and agree that there is really something wrong about the 7-speed dsg. But it is definitely not dooms day scenario as what many non-vw owners trying to paint it to be. And the recall is definitely necessary to right it.

There are many many pros compare to this con, that is why there are still happy vw owners around. We do not live in great fear, as what many non-vw owners like to think. When it happens, like once a year, we just acknowledge oh it happens. Life still goes on for us, my friend.

U see ah when u buy a small tin can that cost u more than 100k...surely if frens or neighbour ask hows the vw...u said good good....dont think u will say very bad or no good?

So in a vagsg forum...surely u hear goodstuffs la.....same as evo or subaru pro forum....rarely u see they bashing their rides....only see they bashed LTA...whahaha

Think everyone knows and agree that there is really something wrong about the 7-speed dsg. But it is definitely not dooms day scenario as what many non-vw owners trying to paint it to be. And the recall is definitely necessary to right it.

There are many many pros compare to this con, that is why there are still happy vw owners around. We do not live in great fear, as what many non-vw owners like to think. When it happens, like once a year, we just acknowledge oh it happens. Life still goes on for us, my friend.

Hi bro, ur happiness n wish is respected. I admired my frens vw polo 1.4 for the soild build quality n handling, even his car dead once on his 2nd yr ownership wc gotta b towed.

But I'd still prefer to own a jap turbo car problem free for more than 70000km, 3.5 yrs n still gg strong, w only time in wkshop for svc.

To each his own.

• Praise 1

confessing to being a happy vw owner is like confessing to being a gay these days. they will tell you that you're sick in the head and you need therapy.

i'm a happy vw owner. i'm not a gay.

• Praise 1

i didn't own the VW car, but if VW able to sell more than 8 million each year, i think VW still have a good reputation of reliability and very popular.

do note the driving trend in Europe is manual, which contributes to the bulk of the 8mil

Edited by Felipe
  • Praise 1

do note the driving trend in Europe is manual, which contributes to the bulk of the 8mil

Europe is one but not their biggest market...so can't contributes the bulk of the 8mil

• Praise 1

U see ah when u buy a small tin can that cost u more than 100k...surely if frens or neighbour ask hows the vw...u said good good....dont think u will say very bad or no good?

So in a vagsg forum...surely u hear goodstuffs la.....same as evo or subaru pro forum....rarely u see they bashing their rides....only see they bashed LTA...whahaha

a change of mindset is needed. it's bad but i will still buy it. For another brand, the drivers always say it like this. tats y u don't hear too many complains there. trouble is, i don't think vw attracts this sorta buyer.

watch this video from 3:00 onwards n u'll know what i mean

Europe is one but not their biggest market...so can't contributes the bulk of the 8mil

it's China!

Apparently, this DSG gearbox issue is the most complained-about problem among Chinese car buyers this year. Hopefully, the extended warranty will satisfy customers, but from what we can gather, nobody has actually fixed the problem, nor can we find out what the problem is, exactly.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/vw-offic...hina-45400.html

What i meant was the Europe driver profile contributes to the bulk of the 8mil not having problems.

And the bulk of the 8mil with problems come from...well

Edited by Felipe
↡ Advertisement