Legal issue

Transpasser162

I'm facing one problem right now, i have this customer who liaise with me in purchasing some products and we only communicate through sms and pricing & spec was also quoted through sms. So after my customer confirm the order, he send me an Purchase order for processing. I had also send an Purchase order to my supplier to order the products, but suddenly my client wanted to cancel the order the next day. But the issue is my supplier doesn't allow me to cancel the order and now my client said he's not taking any responsibility as he has already email me to cancel the order even though Purchase order had been emailed & products had been ordered. So right now this is my question

- Is SMS consider legal in business dealing?

- Can i sue them if they don't want to take responsible?

↡ Advertisement

Just sue his pants off. Get a lawyer to do it for you. He will end up with a bigger bill. [laugh]

But before i do that, i just need to know is SMS consider legal? Cos i never actually send him an official quotation with our company letterhead.

But before i do that, i just need to know is SMS consider legal? Cos i never actually send him an official quotation with our company letterhead.

PO issued using company letterhead?

Or you want to take "personal liability" via SMS?

Supercharged

I think you guys didn't read Well Oh What Ts is asking.

Ts, complicated case you got there. Based on what you wrote, I think the best is to consult a legal personnel.

I did hear before such case, and was told email, SMS is valid and suffice as evidence

actually i not sure got PO or job chit etc ,still valid or not from some cases i encountered

alot of my contractors kana played out before even got PO,job chit etc

but fight,also cannot get back $

not sure how it really works,or rather lawyer fees not worth it

got 1 kana half a million,won liao in court also no pay him,also lppl, get liquidator go whack the company,also like that..

A purchase order is a document sent to a supplier or vendor, authorizing shipment of a product to the customer at a specified price and terms. The creation of a purchase order creates a legally binding contract, which cannot be changed without the consent of both parties.

In this case, since the PO had been agreed between your buyer and you, it has already formed a contract, and if there was no agreement to allow him the rights of cancellation then he has no right to cancel the order under the contract.

Many purchase orders are no longer paper-based, but rather transmitted electronically over the Internet. It is common for electronic purchase orders to be used to buy goods or services online for services or physical goods of any type. I would consider sms to be a electronic transaction.

Best is for you to seek advice from lawyer.

Why you kenna this kinda irresponsible clients? Your chance is slim. Yr best shot is to talk to his immediate boss in person. Unless he has signed your delivery order with company stamp you could still go to small claims tribunal and claim.

If there isn't a lot of money involved treat it as a lesson. Next time collect 50% deposit upfront before committing to protect yourself.

IMO The sms and email exchange are just offer unless the exchange very clearly state that how the transaction is going to be conduct and the buyer is willing to commit itself if not you are at the losing end. The Offical PO than is the acceptance. Mine view so don't quote me and may not be true as the detail very vague

actually i not sure got PO or job chit etc ,still valid or not from some cases i encountered

alot of my contractors kana played out before even got PO,job chit etc

but fight,also cannot get back $

not sure how it really works,or rather lawyer fees not worth it

got 1 kana half a million,won liao in court also no pay him,also lppl, get liquidator go whack the company,also like that..

Liquidator come still must rank who got priority maybe in the end only get little bit

wah sei......din know mcf now got pro bono legal service oso. power! [laugh][laugh]

aldy tel u here we hv all

fr womb to tomb......:-)

Hypersonic

wah sei......din know mcf now got pro bono legal service oso. power! [laugh][laugh]

Down here lots of tigers and dragons. All kinds of sicknesses, personal/business problems, parenting also can consult here -_-

Down here lots of tigers and dragons. All kinds of sicknesses, personal/business problems, parenting also can consult here -_-

Yes, Casket issues can be answer in seconds from our resident mod. so everybody can die happily and peacefully [:p][cool]

Yes, Casket issues can be answer in seconds from our resident mod. so everybody can die happily and peacefully [:p][cool]

Recruitment still on baby.... [laugh]

Recruitment still on baby.... [laugh]

Time checked 08:57~08:59, Slow down to 2 minutes time count now ar ? Businesses must be 5 fold increased in lunar 7 month [laugh]

Edited by Fongmy
↡ Advertisement