Becoming conversationally proficient in another language...

Ahgong

Supercharged

I have been traveling quite a bit to some countries, and being able to converse in the local native language will be an advantage.

If you want to become conversationally proficient in another language, in say... 3 months, where will you go to do it?

↡ Advertisement

there are alot of places like community centres that offer different languages at conversational levels. Thou from personal experience, nothing beats speaking it everyday with someone who knows. Picked up cantonese that way!

I have been traveling quite a bit to some countries, and being able to converse in the local native language will be an advantage.

If you want to become conversationally proficient in another language, in say... 3 months, where will you go to do it?

depends on what language you referring to.

bahasa melayu, Cantonese, hokkien and mandarin you can probably easily find the source to practise .

Japanese and Korean is already not easy to find.

end of day, may not be worth your while spending so much time to learn another language if the usage is expected to be sporadic.

Go youtube for free online lessons.

Plenty of them.

Language is something that you need to speak and practise it everyday and often, if not even it is your own language, you might also tend to lose it if you dont use it.

I only gd at numbers, a language idiot

My wife v gd with language, she is picking up German by herself now cos she jus join a Swiss co

She borrow books from library

And she uses her iPhone I Duno what app anot

You speak eng, it translate into that language

It depends on what langauge you want to pick up, some are harder than others, base on your capability & if there are familarity with the language.

From my personal experience, 3 months only get you basic reading, , reading basic signs, & basic converison, & that when if you take intense course, & speak regularly. But I cannot speak for everyone.

Fastest way. Get a chios bu interpreter :wub:

Fastest way. Get a chios bu interpreter :wub:

More truth cannot be spoken. I have a friend who started to work in Jakarta around the same time as myself. After 6 months, his Bahasa Indonesia sibei kuat, but mine was still half past six. Later than I found out, he has an Indo gf :)

More truth cannot be spoken. I have a friend who started to work in Jakarta around the same time as myself. After 6 months, his Bahasa Indonesia sibei kuat, but mine was still half past six. Later than I found out, he has an Indo gf :)

Ar bo how those guys suddenly can know

Viet Thai indon

From the bed la :wub:

Does she have to open her mouth???? Those who play muppets, no need, but still can speak.... :D

How should I describe

Sometimes open, sometime no need

But whenever open, you feel better too

Then cum again, we be back to toothbrush topic Liao

[laugh]