What u think? Aircon Vs window down.

Boo_saa

Windows are my climate control most time of the year. LOL. Save money on energy bills. I do have to clarify that I do not have air con though (or live in Singapore for that matter), so not much of a choice also.

But when I am back home in Singapore, which do not have air con also, I just turn on the window, & fan sometimes. But I keep fan on for a while only, as I get flu if I on the fan too long.

Edited by Kiadaw

Windows down In Sg? Only to cool down the car which is parked under the sun

Slow speed can down. High speed better up

It's dangerous to wind down at high speed ya

Thought open window while driving will increase the FC?! [:/]

It's mentioned in the article what.

"driving with the windows down has a significant negative effect on the fuel efficiency -- more than using the vehicle's air conditioner.

For the sedan, when the windows were down, the efficiency was reduced by 20 percent, while the SUV fuel efficiency was reduced just 8 percent."

So it's better to drive with air con "on".

Twincharged

Windows down In Sg? Only to cool down the car which is parked under the sun

Slow speed can down. High speed better up

It's dangerous to wind down at high speed ya

I feel park under sun dun open windows still cool down faster leh. I just turn on the fan to the highest for 1-2min and the whole car cool down already. Open windows takes longer for me.

If you are driving at high speed, try close all front windows but open the rear windows...... The air in the car will then be suck out from the rear windows at a high rate, but little, or no, air comes in from the front.... The result is a semi vacuum situation and you can feel it !!! Just for fun to keep the driver awake on long, monotonous drive eg NSHW at mid night...

I feel park under sun dun open windows still cool down faster leh. I just turn on the fan to the highest for 1-2min and the whole car cool down already. Open windows takes longer for me.

Totally agree!! In fact, if I could also make a few big turns to let the outside cooler air cut thru the interiors from one side to the other, totally displacing the old hot trapped air, the car feels much cooler by the time I turn on the aircon...

Follow the open one door, slam the other side a few times method. Works very well to drive out all the hot air. Then just get in and drive off with the windows up and A/C on.

Neutral Newbie

Follow the open one door, slam the other side a few times method. Works very well to drive out all the hot air. Then just get in and drive off with the windows up and A/C on.

Is this for real? Using the door to repeatedly "slam" out the hot air? Sounds quite absurd leh. [dizzy]

Is this for real? Using the door to repeatedly "slam" out the hot air? Sounds quite absurd leh. [dizzy]

If u drive a car with a solid door that close with a solid satisfying thud sound, it's damn shiok. Otherwise, very sianz... :D