About GNC products

Columbian78

I had been buying GNC "Glucosamine 750 Chondroitin 600" for several years in the local stores. It cost about S$150 per bottle of 120 tablets. I usually buy it during my birthday month under 33% discount as GNC member. Hence it cost about S$100 per bottle.

Now, i am feeling quite astonished after I discover how much the same thing cost in the US after a recent trip there. I know that GNC is actually a US company and the local franchise is owned by global active which is a subsidiary of OSIM. The same thing cost about S$40 (vs S$150 nett in sg) in the US GNC store. Incredible mark-up. I wonder if the franchisor or the franchisee is earning the bulk of this mark-up?

↡ Advertisement

I had been buying GNC "Glucosamine 750 Chondroitin 600" for several years in the local stores. It cost about S$150 per bottle of 120 tablets. I usually buy it during my birthday month under 33% discount as GNC member. Hence it cost about S$100 per bottle.

Now, i am feeling quite astonished after I discover how much the same thing cost in the US after a recent trip there. I know that GNC is actually a US company and the local franchise is owned by global active which is a subsidiary of OSIM. The same thing cost about S$40 (vs S$150 nett in sg) in the US GNC store. Incredible mark-up. I wonder if the franchisor or the franchisee is earning the bulk of this mark-up?

I've been getting online too. Buy once a year in bulk for my parents as they take the triflex. Used to be around SGD 170 per bottle but has dropped to about SGD 110 in very special occasion. In US, they are selling at USD59.90 with 50% on 2nd bottle.

i read a report that Glucosamine has side effect on the heart, dun take it too regular (maybe twice a week), i stop taking them and switch to those medicated cream to rub on the knee (after taking the pill for a year), it actually works better.

Stop applying the cream for several years and the pain never come back :D

i read a report that Glucosamine has side effect on the heart, dun take it too regular (maybe twice a week), i stop taking them and switch to those medicated cream to rub on the knee (after taking the pill for a year), it actually works better.

Damn, I was suspecting it.......

I took it and had fainting spell..... [bigcry]

Any credible source of this info?

Any recommendation for the cream you used? I just bought a big bottle of Glucosamine from GNC for my father. After 50% discount is $110.

this one lor [laugh]

Any recommendation for the cream you used? I just bought a big bottle of Glucosamine from GNC for my father. After 50% discount is $110.

Yes, I noticed the huge price discrepancies when I wanted to get a supplement last year. I then thought I could buy the same product directly from GNC USA via V-post but V-post has listed GNC as one of the brand that is not allowed to buy on-line through them. I suppose it is to protect the local franchise. To get GNC product, you need to get it via other 3rd party online re-sellers which you will incur international delivery charges, if they are prepared to ship to Singapore in the first place. You just need to be wary and ensure those 3rd party online re-sellers carry the genuine GNC product. How to ensure it is genuine, I don't know actually.

Anyway, for my case, I ended up buying from a GNC shop in Singapore at higher price!

Yes, I noticed the huge price discrepancies when I wanted to get a supplement last year. I then thought I could buy the same product directly from GNC USA via V-post but V-post has listed GNC as one of the brand that is not allowed to buy on-line through them. I suppose it is to protect the local franchise. To get GNC product, you need to get it via other 3rd party online re-sellers which you will incur international delivery charges, if they are prepared to ship to Singapore in the first place. You just need to be wary and ensure those 3rd party online re-sellers carry the genuine GNC product. How to ensure it is genuine, I don't know actually.

Anyway, for my case, I ended up buying from a GNC shop in Singapore at higher price!

Oh? No longer allowed? Dammit, I bought it Q3 last year OK leh...

Just did a search on VPost website, don't have leh.....

For knee pain, can apply virgin coconut oil after bathing every day.

It's so fine that it's being absorb by our skin 1 to 2 hours after applying.

Just apply thin thin will do. Will take about 3 months to cure.

get from iherb. same thing can be less than half price!

c--k laa... vConcierge.... You only need them if you want them to pay for you. Those merchants who restrict to US credit card only. I paid with my own SG credit card and ship to VPost Oregon station, no problem....

Oh, since you managed to buy it, then it is ok. Not sure why mine was rejected after submitting my orders.

↡ Advertisement