Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

Hypersonic

BFF, what is the other 2 ah? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

red prawn and d101

cheap cheap stuff...not atas like wzw or dunno what wang

↡ Advertisement

actually bitter ones (white) usually not very dry one, they are mostly very soft making them feel slightly wet.  The creamy ones usually got some sweet taste. 

The real bitter ones like XO and D17 taste totally different from the others. 

liu lian is for everyone and anyone mah, not only runners, tiko ones also here leh.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Today read the news that Chinese satellite out of control and going to crash to earth.

Think I better go Mei Ling Street and YOLO one more round in case the satellite causes a catastrophic event.

:XD:

had a gathering at 101 Fruits at Chinatown earlier this week. Nice but I find pricey, will stick to Mei Ling St.

• Praise 1

Where? Near Sengkang or Hougang? I never see any.... :(

Sis, 

1st pic is from yesterday at geylang Bharu, near the food center. Almost all the segamat durian are actually D13. But don't be fooled by the red prawn, they are also D13. They reluctantly admit it's "high" quality D13 red prawn.  I bought XO from them, but it was lousy. But for those $5 or 3 for $10, I think it's a fair price to pay for D13. As long as ripe, D13 taste cannot siam one, all very sweet.

Toa payoh central near the library, there's a fruit stall that sells alot of D13,  Don't look honest as they label some D13 as red prawn, and don't know what high quality D13 and fake "red prawn" in KG. But also have those D13 at 3 for $10 or $20. So if you paying not more than $7 for a decent size riped D13, I think it's fair.

2nd and 3rd pic are the $5 ganghai and D17. These are mini durian, Uncle is a one man show old man, probably can only afford to bring in the rejects. We also have a $5 jin feng. mini too.  The gang hai and jin feng, sibei dry., eat liao very thristy. But $5, can't complain.. But the mini D17 is good.  ALso had $12/kg MSW... Also very dry, not very good.  Don't know why his durian mostly too dry. I guess all are low grades durians, but justified by the lower price... This one at 269 Queens Street, just across Bugis+

post-23584-0-03144700-1522249324_thumb.jpg

post-23584-0-70148100-1522249336_thumb.jpg

post-23584-0-48406200-1522249346_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 10

Sis,

1st pic is from yesterday at geylang Bharu, near the food center. Almost all the segamat durian are actually D13. But don't be fooled by the red prawn, they are also D13. They reluctantly admit it's "high" quality D13 red prawn. I bought XO from them, but it was lousy. But for those $5 or 3 for $10, I think it's a fair price to pay for D13. As long as ripe, D13 taste cannot siam one, all very sweet.

Toa payoh central near the library, there's a fruit stall that sells alot of D13, Don't look honest as they label some D13 as red prawn, and don't know what high quality D13 and fake "red prawn" in KG. But also have those D13 at 3 for $10 or $20. So if you paying not more than $7 for a decent size riped D13, I think it's fair.

2nd and 3rd pic are the $5 ganghai and D17. These are mini durian, Uncle is a one man show old man, probably can only afford to bring in the rejects. We also have a $5 jin feng. mini too. The gang hai and jin feng, sibei dry., eat liao very thristy. But $5, can't complain.. But the mini D17 is good. ALso had $12/kg MSW... Also very dry, not very good. Don't know why his durian mostly too dry. I guess all are low grades durians, but justified by the lower price... This one at 269 Queens Street, just across Bugis+

Wow! You are really a durian expert leh.
  • Praise 1

Try liao last season where some referred as S17 instead. See a few post before where i ran to the famous pasir ris stall. Agree it's good.

Incidently i had xo last nite. Not satisfied.

True blue XO is not easy to find.

Yes , you should . Used to buy from combat and ah Seng when he was not so popular but once I tried 818 few years back , only buy from 818 ever since unless they dun sell .

They are still one of the few these days that sell same day durian , meaning their trucks only arrives at around 6 pm as they owned their own plantation at Pahang . They dun sell durians from other plantation Nor do they sell theirs to others .

Never once did we encounter durians that are not up to standard .

Am beginning to sound like i have vested interest in 818 but they are really that good .

Boss. You are a great fan. Travelling across the island for your durian. Combat, ah sent and 818 are all in vastly different locations!

I think I will try 818 soon based on your recommendation.

guess how many varieties and what are they?

ðð

Sifu,

Please remember to call me when you buy your next batch.

Bought from this place today as I was there for my son's lessons.

post-1798-0-47600400-1522330555_thumb.jpeg

MSW $20 per kg (quite ex right)

Red prawn (I think

post-1798-0-11542200-1522330513_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 5

Thanks to @hamburger recommendations, had some really bitter D17, all for $45 (4.8Kg). Friendly and accommodating seller.

But one of it (3rd photo) taste quite faint and ripe unevenly, will feedback to seller next round.

slnsw1.jpg

dm2y5g.jpg

2i097uu.jpg

4jbr9.jpg

• Praise 15

Maybe put in box better so you can see there and request to change?

Can share the address as mentioned?

Any number to msg so I know when their stock is in?

↡ Advertisement