Parenting - TV program for kids

Jman888

i am asking for a father on this parenting issue...

if you have kids in pre-school (or pri 1) and you are living with your parents.

Your dad loves to watch some violent shows or movies in the evening, shows like NCIS and living dead, which has mixed of violent, dead bodies, gross images, sex, etc. which you think may would have bad influence or negative impact on the young kids.

So the issue is do you think it is ok for kids of this age (8 and below) to watch these shows or you should stop your dad from watching shows when the kids are around? at least till the kids are in bed.

↡ Advertisement

Your dad loves to watch some violent shows or movies in the evening, shows like NCIS and living dead, which has mixed of violent, dead bodies, gross images, sex, etc. which you think may would have bad influence or negative impact on the young kids.

So the issue is do you think it is ok for kids of this age (8 and below) to watch these shows or you should stop your dad from watching shows when the kids are around? at least till the kids are in bed.

just speak to your dad lor.

My kid loves to watch commercials. So i asked my in laws not to watch tv during her mealtimes. I'm sure they are willing to do so! ^_^

Actually cable TV got show re-runs later in the night or some other timings, just have to check the show schedules. Watch when the children are asleep or not around. Or get a HD recorder to record the shows and watch later.

my friend lah [laugh]

he say the father is those ego type, wouldn't listen to him and they may end up quarreling.

just speak to your dad lor.

My kid loves to watch commercials. So i asked my in laws not to watch tv during her mealtimes. I'm sure they are willing to do so! ^_^

Hypersonic

my friend lah [laugh]

he say the father is those ego type, wouldn't listen to him and they may end up quarreling.

Get a TV media player. Download all the shows he likes to watch so he can watch when everyone is not around or when kids are asleep. Problem solved :D

Turbocharged

Why must it be either or - at the timing they are on (8 plus) why not the daddy you mention take the children to the bedroom and read a story to them?

my friend lah [laugh]

3 generations in one family sure got some problems.

then your friend is not assertive enough.

(edited)

Why must it be either or - at the timing they are on (8 plus) why not the daddy you mention take the children to the bedroom and read a story to them?

i believe the shows run all day long on the cable tv, the concern is in the afternoon and dinner time where the parents not home yet. After 8 plus the kids should be in their room where the parents will be with them for some activities or reading story.

Edited by Jman888

what would be your view on kids expose to these tv program (violent, sex) at this age?

My dad likes to watch channel 869, tian ying classical movies, day in day out. From time to time, they have saucy scenes and my kids would mostly watch it.... <_<

Edited by Tjkbeluga

i believe the shows run all day long is the cable tv, the concern is in the afternoon and dinner time where the parents not home yet. After 8 plus the kids should be in their room where the parents will be with them for some activities or reading story.

I think your fren spend too much time on his own activities! :wacko:

Heng I dun have those horny frens -_-

Get a new TV and a box for the father to watch in his room.

i would suggest this too, i also rented extra box in my mum bedroom.

the concern is whether such arrangement would 'hurt' the grandfather's ego [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

watching violent movies at such a tender age is a universal NO NO NO; kids have a tendency to imitate and worse accept those "wrongs" as norm for themselves; just becareful

the concern is whether such arrangement would 'hurt' the grandfather's ego [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

but if the grandfather sees it as the wellbeing of the grandkids, then ego wouldn't play a part..

Talk about extra box, sipeh tulan to receive a letter from SH saying that my existing HD box will become useless as a new box will replace it. Thing, I bought the box long time ago and they will not replace it nor allowing me to buy another one. So, perpetually need to rent it... sipeh khiang.... :angry:

Since your friend is staying with his parents, it's quite tough for him to approach this issue. It's his father's house after all!

Move out lah... solve the issue.

↡ Advertisement