every 1000 sgd 3.1 vs 3.11 difference is rm10

change sgd$10k?

each time i change only $1-2k ... i dont even bother to Q

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Wait Long Long...haha.

TKK also can. Tan Ku Ku...

It was on par and not too long ago 1.57 before hitting 2 and 2.5. So now it is 3 and going to :D:a-noway:

• Praise 1

It was on par and not too long ago 1.57 before hitting 2 and 2.5. So now it is 3 and going to :D:a-noway:

Bro, 1.57 is don't know how many donkey years ago lor...haha.

Ringgit falls to weakest level since 1998 Asian financial crisis

SINGAPORE: The Malaysian ringgit on Monday (Dec 19) fell to 4.4805 against the US dollar, its weakest level since the Asian financial crisis in 1998, according to a Bloomberg report.

Against the Singapore dollar, the ringgit fell to 3.106, but recovered slightly to trade at about 3.096 around noon.

Malaysia, Southeast Asia's third-largest economy, has been hit by a rout as investors dumped assets in emerging markets after Donald Trump’s victory in the US presidential election. The ringgit has weakened more than 6 per cent against the US dollar since the election on Nov 8.

Malaysia’s central bank has ordered foreign banks to stop offshore speculation in the ringgit, warning of "prompt supervisory intervention" against those trading the ringgit in the non-deliverable forwards market.

Analysts said earlier this year that the ringgit could be hamstrung by political risks, external investigations into the country's sovereign wealth fund 1MDB, as well as global oil prices. 

- CNA/cy

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/ringgit-falls-to-weakest-level-since-1998-asian-financial-crisis/3378356.html

• Praise 3

Oil price recovered though.

Will RM strength?

Well based on Bloomberg, the current concern i think is that Malaysia has a high proportion of it's bonds and debts held by overseas investors, i think somewhere around 30-40%. Highest in SEA followed by Indonesia, hence the volatility in their currencies.

I think political risks and 1MDB has mostly blown over. So the recent volatility is not linked to that.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Well based on Bloomberg, the current concern i think is that Malaysia has a high proportion of it's bonds and debts held by overseas investors, i think somewhere around 30-40%. Highest in SEA followed by Indonesia, hence the volatility in their currencies.

I think political risks and 1MDB has mostly blown over. So the recent volatility is not linked to that.

Yes my fiend Jibby has defeated all his enemies.

:D

• Praise 1

Yes my fiend Jibby has defeated all his enemies.

:D

not only he defeated all his enemies, he also devalued his debts to minimal

he even recovered them with newer & bigger investments schemes like the coming HSR, and others secured developments from china!

ahjib koh is really the 大 !!!

with more RMB pfrom china pouring into his "companies", he is more than happy to devalue his ringgits further

to be on par with his loans from china investors rather then catching uo with usd by devalueing his bolehlands oil . . . . .

afterall, petronas has never been his baby, its 1mdb . . . .  i.e. ringgit will continue to drop (not much but little by little) across 2017!

• Praise 2