Nissan Owners...! Pls check in here..! Part 2

Sabian

Neutral Newbie

1st time nissan driver here, having the new 1.6 Slyphy everything ok except the sound proof/insulation of this car is horrible cum terrible on a raining day or when the road is wet.

driving this car on a raining day, make you feel like you are inside a zinc roof top house very noisy "tit tit tok tok"... and the water splashing sound from the rear wheel/tyre is very bad too.

my car reaching 8k km yet whenever raining i will alway somehow subconsciously turn my head to check if i have close the rear window or did i not close the rear door properly due to the wheel/tyre water splashing sound....water hitng the under carriage

This morning was raining, so i drove to ubi to ask Tan Chong to check if there is something that they miss out on my car......and to my surprise i found out that Slyphy does not come with the "Plastic cover" that suppose to be in between the wheel/tyre and metal part of the car body and that the reason for the water splashing noise. AND the most interesting part is they have this "Plastic cover" on the front wheel/tyre and they have it on their Tena and most of other brand car have it too ...... i wondering how much can they save from this...??!!

seeing the way they cut corner here and there i am very disappointed with Nissan and lost confident and trust with Nissan,

we ever own mazda, honda, mitsubishi, opel..... we had never encounter such issue before.

so if you are thinking of getting this car please please do yourself a favor test the car on a raining day........

i will try upload a photos in next few day

1st time nissan driver here, having the new 1.6 Slyphy everything ok except the sound proof/insulation of this car is horrible cum terrible on a raining day or when the road is wet.

driving this car on a raining day, make you feel like you are inside a zinc roof top house very noisy "tit tit tok tok"... and the water splashing sound from the rear wheel/tyre is very bad too.

my car reaching 8k km yet whenever raining i will alway somehow subconsciously turn my head to check if i have close the rear window or did i not close the rear door properly due to the wheel/tyre water splashing sound....water hitng the under carriage

This morning was raining, so i drove to ubi to ask Tan Chong to check if there is something that they miss out on my car......and to my surprise i found out that Slyphy does not come with the "Plastic cover" that suppose to be in between the wheel/tyre and metal part of the car body and that the reason for the water splashing noise. AND the most interesting part is they have this "Plastic cover" on the front wheel/tyre and they have it on their Tena and most of other brand car have it too ...... i wondering how much can they save from this...??!!

seeing the way they cut corner here and there i am very disappointed with Nissan and lost confident and trust with Nissan,

we ever own mazda, honda, mitsubishi, opel..... we had never encounter such issue before.

so if you are thinking of getting this car please please do yourself a favor test the car on a raining day........

i will try upload a photos in next few d

My BIL sent his to b timah for services a few weeks ago...he left a small purse with about $40 +...after he return home found out that the purse was gone ...call up SE...but he said was difficult to trace..as it gone thru' few dept....to me its just being honesty and nissan have to buck up and educate the staffs....btw he won't be sending to nissan for any service or repair anymore.....

Horn stopped working.

Made appointment for 10am @ Tan Chong Toa Payoh, went it on time and they still made me queue. All service advisors are still taking their own sweet time eating breakfast. Only at 10.30am they started going by queue number.

Good thing is the service advisor knows exactly what's wrong.

Turned to left and try honking, no sound.

Turned to right and try honking, got sound.

Diagnosed to a spiral cable inside that needs changing. Going to cost about $200, but can't get the parts in time till late.

Horn stopped working.

Made appointment for 10am @ Tan Chong Toa Payoh, went it on time and they still made me queue. All service advisors are still taking their own sweet time eating breakfast. Only at 10.30am they started going by queue number.

Diagnosed to a spiral cable inside that needs changing. Going to cost about $200, but can't get the parts in time till late.

What's your car model and year, so that we can take ref in future. Thanks.

• Praise 1

Horn stopped working.

It's pretty normal to queue. It happens at BM also.

I was at TC's new Leng Kee workshop last June to have a first servicing after purchasing my Nissan from a resale car dealer. The staffs by their look seemed experienced. However, when they saw dried coolant stains on top of my radiator, they exclaimed the radiator was leaking without any diagnostics. As I had posted earlier about this case in this forum, it was proven fault was not on the radiator nor the cap. Very sad to see authorised dealer taking easy way out.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yo bro... any one know where to get the Latio dashboard... the middle part..... crack already.... need to replace....

• Praise 1

Yo bro... any one know where to get the Latio dashboard... the middle part..... crack already.... need to replace....

Hi bro, is it this piece?

post-56560-0-70157300-1428508627.png

• Praise 1

That's right bro.... Thanks for the diagram....

No problem bro... This part you can try at the scrap yard but the condition may not be good and you may need to buy the entire dashboard since they may not sell you that part alone. And the price maybe comparable to new parts.

Have you try the stockist? But not sure they bring in this part or not?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

No problem bro... This part you can try at the scrap yard but the condition may not be good and you may need to buy the entire dashboard since they may not sell you that part alone. And the price maybe comparable to new parts.

Have you try the stockist? But not sure they bring in this part or not?

Thank bro, will do that.... will likely look at 2nd hand since my ride left 1 and a half year more only.... won't be getting new... not worth it.... [laugh]

Yes. You can check with stockist first. If don't have, maybe you can try enquiry from this seller if they can supply or not.

http://japandirectparts.weebly.com/contact-us.html

Thanks bro for the contact. :D

Dear Nissan owners!

I will be dekitting/export the very rare Primera 2.0 Luxury Sedan soon on 10 days time!

This car is super rare... if if you are a Primera Owner and yr car interior is worn out. This is the final chance if you wish to change any parts...

My car internal is superbly well maintained! Everything works perfectly!

My rims are the "5 nuts Original rare primera sports rims... Its also in well maintained condition. looks clean and not abused!

I believe you can change it to yr Cefiro/teana or any Nissan with 5nuts socket.

Lastly I also have the Armron Hilife battery less than 2yrs and last week check, power still 100% best! The battery I believe is compared to many other cars such as Toyotas as my Mark X are using the same.

Its pity to dekit with such superb condition.

Honestly, I do not have a price in mind, anything you want just quote me, find a place to change/swap. Mostly importantly my car parts are put to good use rather than throwing off to the export/scrap... What a WASTE!

So anyone! This is a rare chance, I am a easy going, generous chap, as long as you need it, just give me a reasonable quote you deem and we get it fixed.

Final day of this deal will be 18th April... After that... its will be gone.!

• Praise 1

Thank bro, will do that.... will likely look at 2nd hand since my ride left 1 and a half year more only.... won't be getting new... not worth it.... [laugh]

Thanks bro for the contact. :D

No problem bro, for your comparision, new is around $60-S$70. If used cost more than new, it is not worthwhile liao. :D

Turbocharged

No problem bro, for your comparision, new is around $60-S$70. If used cost more than new, it is not worthwhile liao. :D

haaaa thanks bro... will find a time to check it out. :D

Need help here smile.gif

Does anybody know if our Nissan Qashqai is OBD-II compliant ??

Thought I just try my luck on the OBD2 scanner.

Bought a ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 Auto Diagnostic scanner from the net and sadly it didn't work on my Qashqai [:(]

Any "shifu" out there know is it because my 2008 registered Qashqai is not OBD2 compliant?

• Praise 1

hi guys,

new qq owner coming up, hopefully can get my qq on 24 this month as promised by tc that will get coe for sure this coming bidding

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1