Nissan Owners...! Pls check in here..! Part 2

Sabian

Do your seats feel hard initially? Cause mine, 1 month old currently, seats not as soft as showroom kind. (I know that showroom alot of people sit before, but..) Wondering if the seats got any "break-in" period.

No, the seats are soft since the first day I took my car. Maybe after years maybe softer and softer.

↡ Advertisement

No, the seats are soft since the first day I took my car. Maybe after years maybe softer and softer.

My seats feel.. A little on the firm side.

Maybe different batch different material. Just see whether after one month the seats can be more soften.

They are comfortable none the less. Just that expected them to be softer. Haha. Expectations.

Anyone here driving a nissan sunny and has problem with auto gear?

My car coming 8 yrs 10 mths and done 262k mileage. When gear engaged, the car refused to move. This happens only after parking overnite. I need to wait for a minute to as long as 3+ minutes for the engine to warm up before the car moves. If I don't want to wait, I need to engage the lowest gear to move the car instantly before changing back to normal D gear. This has been going on daily for nearly a month. What's wrong and how long can I go on like that?

Neutral Newbie

My car coming 8 yrs 10 mths and done 262k mileage. When gear engaged, the car refused to move. This happens only after parking overnite. I need to wait for a minute to as long as 3+ minutes for the engine to warm up before the car moves. If I don't want to wait, I need to engage the lowest gear to move the car instantly before changing back to normal D gear. This has been going on daily for nearly a month. What's wrong and how long can I go on like that?

Hi,

Have you checked the transmission fluid level? Is it sufficient? My cousin has the same symptom with his previous Sunny two years ago. It was quite dangerous actually because he has no idea when the transmission will be engaged. If not caution, a gentle acceleration will send the car surging forward unknowingly. Eventually, he got it repaired at the workshop with the lowest possible cost and have it sold off shortly after that. [:p]

This happened to my old Mazda5 after using for nearly 7.5 years. At first every morning I needed to wait for 3 mins and after three months, became 5 mins. If I parked my car for more than 4 hours, the same thing happened. I sent my car to AD and the technical advisor said gb needed replacement. However he told me to sent to outside workshop to get the gb overhaul at one third of the AD price. AD does not do gb overhaul. After the gb overhaul, my gb likes new and every times just start and go until I scrapped my car two months back. Anyway my old car was being exported as far as I know.

Hi,

Have you checked the transmission fluid level? Is it sufficient? My cousin has the same symptom with his previous Sunny two years ago. It was quite dangerous actually because he has no idea when the transmission will be engaged. If not caution, a gentle acceleration will send the car surging forward unknowingly. Eventually, he got it repaired at the workshop with the lowest possible cost and have it sold off shortly after that. [:p]

Just serviced my car in JB for the first time and no problem with transmission fluid. From day 1 my car was serviced by agent. I try to avoid replacing gb even with second hand as I got only 1yr 2mths to go.

But how long can I go on (i.e. waiting for the car to warm up before it moves) before the car kaput?

It is still bearable to wait a little for the car warm up to move as it only happens in the morning. If don't want to wait just use the lowest gear and it moves. Reverse gear is ok but the gear just after D will not move the car.

• Praise 1

Just serviced my car in JB for the first time and no problem with transmission fluid. From day 1 my car was serviced by agent. I try to avoid replacing gb even with second hand as I got only 1yr 2mths to go.

But how long can I go on (i.e. waiting for the car to warm up before it moves) before the car kaput?

It is still bearable to wait a little for the car warm up to move as it only happens in the morning. If don't want to wait just use the lowest gear and it moves. Reverse gear is ok but the gear just after D will not move the car.

Better ask ard got second hand transmission gear box 1 yr plus worth changing, no need to live in constant fear.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi there,

i've been driving with the similar situation for almost a year now. and car is scrapping already. so if you dont wanna spend so much then just bear with it until car scraps. even if you get a 2nd hand gearbox u wouldn't know the condition of you also.

• Praise 1

I think just bear with it as you might change your car in 6 or 9 months times. As long as you have got the time to wait for the car to warm up. Of course the timing for waiting will increase gradually.

• Praise 1

Hope it can last for another year. Last 2 days, the wait for it to move was within 30 sec compared to other times like 1 to 3 min.

Yup. Does nissan owners mostly send their cars back to tc for servicing? Any active nissan forums ard?

Yup. Does nissan owners mostly send their cars back to tc for servicing? Any active nissan forums ard?

You can go to this forum for Nissan Slyphy:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2638859-nissan-sylphy-feedbacks-please/?hl=%2Bnissan+%2Bsylphy

I 100% sure will send my car to TC for servicing as from my 25 years of driving, AD's servicing always give me a worry-free driving and I do not even need to open the bonnet to check anything.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I send my Nissan to outside workshop for servicing for the past 8 years. I bring my own engine oil. Labour charge only S$30. As long the servicing schedule is followed for the oil change, everything should be fine. [;)]

↡ Advertisement