Nissan Owners...! Pls check in here..! Part 2

Sabian

Anyone here driving a nissan sunny and has problem with auto gear?

My car coming 8 yrs 10 mths and done 262k mileage. When gear engaged, the car refused to move. This happens only after parking overnite. I need to wait for a minute to as long as 3+ minutes for the engine to warm up before the car moves. If I don't want to wait, I need to engage the lowest gear to move the car instantly before changing back to normal D gear. This has been going on daily for nearly a month. What's wrong and how long can I go on like that?

...mine a little different ..When slow down at traffic,car engine stop n wouldn't move..hv to wait 10 minutes then can start again. Check on Internet n was advice to change e crankshaft sensor... Aft done no problem anymore... Cost about 220 at tc..

↡ Advertisement

...mine a little different ..When slow down at traffic,car engine stop n wouldn't move..hv to wait 10 minutes then can start again. Check on Internet n was advice to change e crankshaft sensor... Aft done no problem anymore... Cost about 220 at tc..

Hmm.. crankshaft sensor part + labour is less than S$100 and still have change. Seems like TC is not cheap.

Hmm.. crankshaft sensor part + labour is less than S$100 and still have change. Seems like TC is not cheap.

...AD is always expensive....they could not find any problem with my car after few hours i sent in..the SE called and I suggested to change e sensor....n that was the real issue.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Just serviced my car in JB for the first time and no problem with transmission fluid. From day 1 my car was serviced by agent. I try to avoid replacing gb even with second hand as I got only 1yr 2mths to go.

But how long can I go on (i.e. waiting for the car to warm up before it moves) before the car kaput?

It is still bearable to wait a little for the car warm up to move as it only happens in the morning. If don't want to wait just use the lowest gear and it moves. Reverse gear is ok but the gear just after D will not move the car.

I did ATF flush after 120k before but it is not advisable to do that. By right this is the cheapest way to extend your gear box but no promises. Before draining or flushing you should pull the dip stick and look at the fluid. If it is dark, burnt smelling, and you see little flakes or speck in it, DO NOT FLUSH IT. So far I have not encounter this problem but my gear box has been getting better and better compare the first time when I owned Sunny due to the reason I change my ATF every 20k, 20k, 40k. But again I would choose to change ATF in Singapore rather than JB.

Edited by Zech

Neutral Newbie

1st time nissan driver here, having the new 1.6 Slyphy everything ok except the sound proof/insulation of this car is horrible cum terrible on a raining day or when the road is wet.

driving this car on a raining day, make you feel like you are inside a zinc roof top house very noisy "tit tit tok tok"... and the water splashing sound from the rear wheel/tyre is very bad too.

my car reaching 8k km yet whenever raining i will alway somehow subconsciously turn my head to check if i have close the rear window or did i not close the rear door properly due to the wheel/tyre water splashing sound....water hitng the under carriage

This morning was raining, so i drove to ubi to ask Tan Chong to check if there is something that they miss out on my car......and to my surprise i found out that Slyphy does not come with the "Plastic cover" that suppose to be in between the wheel/tyre and metal part of the car body and that the reason for the water splashing noise. AND the most interesting part is they have this "Plastic cover" on the front wheel/tyre and they have it on their Tena and most of other brand car have it too ...... i wondering how much can they save from this...??!!

seeing the way they cut corner here and there i am very disappointed with Nissan and lost confident and trust with Nissan,

we ever own mazda, honda, mitsubishi, opel..... we had never encounter such issue before.

so if you are thinking of getting this car please please do yourself a favor test the car on a raining day........

i will try upload a photos in next few day

Try to do sound proof on the roof top. Last time when those days nissan forum quite active, I came across a guy did sound proof on roof top by himself. A lot of hard work but it paid off as he claimed the rain splashing sound reduced.

I have not had very pleasant experience walking into Nissan's showroom. 3 times I went, 3 times I ended up buying something else. They seemed to quite snobby once they give you a quick eye over.

I have not had very pleasant experience walking into Nissan's showroom. 3 times I went, 3 times I ended up buying something else. They seemed to quite snobby once they give you a quick eye over.

When COE supply increases in the coming months, expect this behaviour to persist. (Car sales volume going up.) Not only at TCM, also elsewhere!

I test drove the Note over the weekend. Also sat behind when wife drove it. It's a very spacious car despite looking small and compact. Lots of legroom n headroom. Drive is pretty smooth and adequate power(3 adults and 2 kids during the test drive) despite being a 1.2. The supercharger only aids alittle in the torque delivery so don't expect a power surge like turbocharged car. Engine noise abit loud but still acceptable. Handling ok not much body roll or bumpy feel. Features wise very good too with gps,bluetooth, start-stop etc. At abt 9k depre, its a value buy i would say.

But i didn't buy because the road noise at the back is really unbearable. Machiam like lorry. Personally i cant stand such loud noise.

Test drove the sylphy after that. Now considering whether to buy...

I test drove the Note over the weekend. Also sat behind when wife drove it. It's a very spacious car despite looking small and compact. Lots of legroom n headroom. Drive is pretty smooth and adequate power(3 adults and 2 kids during the test drive) despite being a 1.2. The supercharger only aids alittle in the torque delivery so don't expect a power surge like turbocharged car. Engine noise abit loud but still acceptable. Handling ok not much body roll or bumpy feel. Features wise very good too with gps,bluetooth, start-stop etc. At abt 9k depre, its a value buy i would say.

But i didn't buy because the road noise at the back is really unbearable. Machiam like lorry. Personally i cant stand such loud noise.

Test drove the sylphy after that. Now considering whether to buy...

Check out the Sylphy thread to get more information as well as feedback from Sylphy owners.

Neutral Newbie

Oh i see. I saw it in the sylphy brochure. Thought it looks nice and elegant.

Oh i see. I saw it in the sylphy brochure. Thought it looks nice and elegant.

Any Nissan Serena MPV owners here? I can't find a separate thread on this Nissan model. There also don't seems to have much reviews locally and don't think I've seen any on our roads. Any comments are welcomed. Thinking of buying but hesitant of it's S-Hybrid battery and height of 1.865m. Anyone knows if this car is Made in Japan?

post-24714-0-57626800-1443146962_thumb.jpg

Hey All,

Recently became active in the forums despite having an account long ago and came across this.

Family owns three Nissan models already, First Gen Murano, and a Juke to replace it, and recently ordered

a Copper Blaze X Trail with Beige Interior to replace the Juke. Delivery is January, because indent order due to

lack of my desired colour.

Compared the X Trail to other sub-140k SUVs and it came out on top, great to join this thread.

Any Nissan Serena MPV owners here? I can't find a separate thread on this Nissan model. There also don't seems to have much reviews locally and don't think I've seen any on our roads. Any comments are welcomed. Thinking of buying but hesitant of it's S-Hybrid battery and height of 1.865m. Anyone knows if this car is Made in Japan?

attachicon.gifSerena_01.jpg

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700234-2015-nissan-serena-s-hybrid-20-mpv/

here you are bro

Neutral Newbie

Driving a Sylphy since Aug 2015.. Noticed the driver side leather seat became very very wrinkly!

anyone got good nissan SE to intro?

i'm looking at teana....

what's the discount / freebies i could ask for?

Thanks in advance bros!

Bro, you may try to have them to give u a price that is without guaranteed COE. This will shave off a few thousand from the list price 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1