Any countries with both right and left handed drive cars ?

Ysc3

just curious, any countries which allow both left and right handed cars on its roads ?

Japan! go Toyko you can see most German car LHD and Japanese car RHD

Essentially any country in Europe right ? Because UK drive to continental Europe and vice versa.

Singapore also have LHD, need LTA approval and usually diplomats.

for SG need approval ... so not normal ... but i guess japan, hk is a normal for both types ... but wun they get confused ?

when i crossed a road in china i was already confused ... coz always look at the right for oncoming traffic ... when i saw nothing on my right, i tried to cross the road and was shocked to see a parade of vehicles coming from my left !! [confused]

Essentially any country in Europe right ? Because UK drive to continental Europe and vice versa.

Singapore also have LHD, need LTA approval and usually diplomats.

Yeah basically UK and EU...

If you think about it, anything that is side-specific, such as going to a drive through, to accessing a parking booth will be challenging if you have the wrong hand drive car for the place you're in. Then there's the issue of visibility when you're leaving certain junctions. Unless the car is super-unique and available only in one configuration, otherwise its mostly not worth it.

• Praise 1

I'm almost 100% sure that you can drive both in the United States. I've seen people with imported cars so it shouldn't be an issue as long as you know which side of the road you're driving on.

just curious, any countries which allow both left and right handed cars on its roads ?

Go UK. Most Europe left hand drive but UK right hand drive.

And since now all become one without borders, cars from LHD n RHD all mixed up together.

Myanmar, which used to be a British colony, was RHD like us until the 1970s. Then the generals listened to some soothsayer and changed their roads to driving on the right, overnight. A lot of RHD cars were left over, as were practices. There are no strict restrictions on RHD cars, and till today they have many JDM imports. To see clearly on the road many drivers have a "lookout" for them in the left side passenger seat.

Macau practises driving on the left, so cars are naturally mostly RHD. That's because car dealers couldn't be bothered to set up shop there and cars had to be imported from neighbouring Hong Kong. But there's no rule on cars being imported, so LHD are available too. For some strange reason the chief executive's W140 is LHD.

↡ Advertisement