Msia Karak Hway Accident - 1 dead 23 injured

Berncsp76

err...but different location le.. [;)] mods pls see if wana merge into the former thread?

c8 news just reported it too...bus is from a company called KKKL..

a 53 year old singaporean died in hospital after the accident...

The bus they were in also just came down from genting not long ago... -_-

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singap...ter/811224.html

SINGAPORE: A Singaporean died on Thursday following an accident in Malaysia along the Karak Highway.Thirteen people were injured in an accident involving two buses, a trailer lorry and a car at Km31.5 of the Karak Expressway.

Eleven of them were passengers of one of the buses and the two others were from a Toyota Vios car, said Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department assistant director of operations Azizan Ismail.

He said all the vehicles - a tour bus, a Temerloh-Kuala Lumpur express bus, the trailer lorry and the car - were travelling from Karak to Kuala Lumpur when the accident occurred at about 3.30 pm.

The tour bus had rammed the rear of the express bus which knocked into the car and the car hit the lorry trailer in front of it, he said.

When contacted, Kuala Lumpur General Hospital told MediaCorp Ms Tham Choy Chan died at 12.15am of a brain injury.

The road accident involved four vehicles along the Karak Expressway.

The hospital said it attended to nine Singaporeans, including Ms Tham.

The other eight Singaporeans, including Ms Tham's husband, have been discharged.

Gombak Police chief ACP Abdul Rahim Abdullah said 16 Singaporeans involved in the accident were sent to four hospitals in Malaysia, including Kuala Lumpur General Hospital.

The Singapore High Commission in Kuala Lumpur is rendering consular assistance to the family of the deceased Singaporean as well as other Singaporeans who were injured in the accident.

- CNA/fa/gn

Edited by Berncsp76

That 黄小姐 really lucky to have narrow escape of injury, she don't even suffer a scratch :o

ya...very lucky for her...maybe she has a big bag in front of her to cushion the impact... :mellow:

ya...very lucky for her...maybe she has a big bag in front of her to cushion the impact... :mellow:

So far she is not the only lucky one I'd come to know, you know recently that Genting public bus fall into that particular cliff, 1 of my ex-coach driver friend crashed at the same place, just after chin swee temple drop-off and all on-board dead....he is the only survival :o

Edited by Fongmy

Neutral Newbie

Karak Highway is the most dangerous highway in Malaysia. Once time drove from Karak to KL, suddenly once car in front lost control and skid from inner lane to outer lane. Lucky all other cars behind able to avoid the car in time.

karak highway has long been considered "dirty". many stories from the malaysians abt being "disturbed" which in turn causes accidents. of cos...up to individual to believe or not.

The deceased was my wife cousin sister-in-law mother. Age was reported wrong, I think should be 73 instead of 53.

It was said that the deceased was told by her son-in-law to change seat with her as she was sitting on the front passenger seat.

If the deceased agreed to swap the seat, it may be different scenario.

IMHO, Karak highway is kinda "slippery" even in the dry. Not much traction whenever I chiong there, rain or shine ... almost like B-roads.

I might be the only one who feels this way though.

Went to Berjaya Hills sometime back and took the Karak Highway. Saw a crane parked by the road side fishing a car from the valley below. There's a stretch of the highway after Genting exit towards Kuantan, you don't need to step the accelerator and the car still managed to travel at a high speed.

This group of senior citizens used to sit around the coffee shop next to Meridian LRT Station in Punggol. I know one of the group member who is member of Meridian RC. Just a few weeks before the accident, they were sitting next to my table at the coffee shop, overheard them talking about their impending trip to Genting Highland.

Karak Highway is the most dangerous highway in Malaysia. Once time drove from Karak to KL, suddenly once car in front lost control and skid from inner lane to outer lane. Lucky all other cars behind able to avoid the car in time.

Once you're driving a vehicle, everywhere is dangerous place, please drive safe with defensive driving skills. Sharp Alert, Early Anticipations and Full Concentration would help a little travelling on every roads.

Edited by Fongmy
↡ Advertisement