11 year old boy committed suicide at home by hanging

Stooky

sad news.... 11 year old boy quarreled with his sister over an ice cream. then he stomped angrily into his bedroom and closed the room. family thought he was just throwing a tantrum and did not think much of it. mum later enter bedroom and was shocked to see the boy had hanged himself.

为了雪糕,男生丢命!

一名年仅11岁的小男生,昨天下午因为雪糕而跟妹妹吵了起来。小男生事后心有不甘,怒气冲冲跑回睡房,把自己关起来。

家人以为小孩子只是一时赌气,因此暂时没去理会,没想到妈妈过后进睡房时,竟发现小男生颈项缠布,在睡房里上吊

- See more at: http://wanbao.omy.sg/local/story20130913-1...P.AyizGpTr.dpuf

20130913_ln_jump.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Haiz..... sad, regardless it's parents or society or government or ice creams' fault.

Perhaps a good reminder for parents especially to know their individual kids well.... sometimes, the notion that the eldest must always give in or let a younger sibling have his/ her own way because he/ she is younger may require more tweaking or communication to the older child "sacrificing" or giving way..... the older child might feel neglected or unloved over time.

Not sure what happened in this instance..... condolence to the bereaved.

RIP, young boy.......

• Praise 1

These things come unexpected. I'm sure not many parents would expect such drastic reaction. Good pointer there and a lesson for me as well. I always tell my elder son to give in to his younger sister since he being the eldest. Now I have to be caution and make sure he doesn't feel 'less' loved.

Nowadays kids learn alot from TV and from their ipad/android games. My 4 year old niece keep playing this game funrun till she starts saying I will chop off your head or cut you in half whenever someone makes her angry.

Neutral Newbie

Sincerely hope the mum and the younger sister, can come to term and move on in life.

May the boy rest in eternal peace.

'Life is fragile'...

omg.... the kids these days

Movie has bad influence on kids, I've friends whose children pick up bad habits from the movies.

Edited by Jhyy701

I dun believe it's over an ice cream. I find news media and journalists nowadays have no brains when they write. They just want headlines to grab attention. Such attention whores.

It's most likely accumulation of events that made him go into depression and kill himself. If he's really so suicidal dun have to wait until 11yo moreover over an ice cream. Suicidal ppl also dun really require a reason to kill themselves.

Edited by Watwheels